Size differences-Decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CainMarko, Dec 31, 2007.

1. CainMarko

CainMarko Active Member

I'm sure this has been discussed with 50+ pages already, but one thing I didn't understand was how the Decepticons were close in size at all to the Autobots. Their alt modes are so different in scale: the helicopter is 90 feet, F-22's are 60, the tank is more than 30, etc, while the Autobots' car modes were about 15-20 feet except Optimus. Wouldn't Blackout be like 5 times taller than Ironhide?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    well, the robot modes aren't exactly just the vehicle modes turned on end. Blackout for example, has his entire tail section retract into his body, effectively halving his "length," and the size of the F-22 was the entire reason Starscream looks the way he does in the movie, since a G1 method would leave him nigh on twice as tall as Optimus.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I didn't know that,I thought that Starscream was huge compared to the autobots, It's nice to know that design had a purpose and that he isn't the biggest TF in the movie.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It also makes sense functionally (as far as the legs are concerned at least), if he were to have more standard legs...if he transformed and landed in midflight, which he does do in the movie, his legs would snap in half or suffer major damage. With the "chicken" legs he can absorb the impact rather well...plus I'd assume the larger body helps absorb the impact to some extent.

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Jazz is certainly a hell of a lot smaller than Brawl/Devestator. But when Ratchet flips by and cuts off his hand he looks to be sorda inbetween the size of Jazz and the size of B/D... they made sure it all worked IMO.

6. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Well the Solstice is a pretty tiny sports coupe.

But yeah what was mentioned about Starscream, the producer werent happy with his robot mode but knew that would have to do if they wanted him the proper size and to be realistic.

What I never understood is that Blackout's bio says he's the biggest decepticon, even bigger than ol Megatron? Never saw him stand next to another TF so it is hard to say.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Source?

And biggest doesn't mean tallest. Blackout had a pretty wide chest.

8. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Even though Blackout was never next to any other TF, there was a scene with him next to a building, which would somewhat judge his size and compared to Megatron standing next to a building. Ill go look for it.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    here ya go

scale chart [in feet]

Frenzy = 3
    Scorponok = 9
    Jazz = 15
    Bumblebee/Barricade = 16
    Ratchet = 20
    Ironhide = 22
    Bonecrusher/Devastator = 25
    Optimus Prime = 28
    Starscream = 31
    Blackout = 33 [to top of rotor assembly. not head height. the head is lower. top of his head is about to starscreams neck in height]
    Megatron = 35

i know what im talking about :p 
    i got these numbers off the scale charts us comic people were given for our books

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those numbers make sense.

There's a lot of compacting and shifting of internals that aren't necessarily standard jet engine guts and what not, that occurs during transformation. For example, blackout doesn't need that big interior cabin in bot mode, so a bunch of other stuff probably slid into it's place. Starscream looks like a jet folded in half(macross style) even if that isn't exactly what occured. The top deck of brawl's tank mode basically stands on end with the top portion folded forward at a 90 degree angle, same with all of the cars.

11. BarricadeNinja4

BarricadeNinja4 Agent of Barricade

The only thing I'll bet is that Barricade is the smallest Decepticon in the movie after seeing the scene, were he joins Bonecrusher & Brawl at the highway in vehicle modes. =|

12. Revolver Turles

Revolver Turles Banned

no

13. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    The one thing I noticed is that bonecrushers arms are part of the mine sweepers side cabs. But if you look when he is transforming, HIS HANDS ARE HUGE!!!

14. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

His hands are about the size of Jazz

15. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Hmmm, I know MB did confirm their was a tid bit of size shifting, but I am curious if their was a massive amount, I know I am probably :deadhorse:  but you know I still some how believe the size shifting was much grater then what was confirmed by MB. Whatever the case yes his hands are at least as big as poor jazz :cry