Minor/Repaint: Sixshot WIP...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, May 2, 2009.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Latest in my ongoing series of "hey, I think this is a good idea, but who knows if I'll ever see it through, so here are some concept pics" projects. :) 

I never set out do a Sixshot... the character never really meant anything for me. Maybe it's the fact that he's been getting some re-articulation love around here that I was just fiddling with my Energon Cliffjumper, and this jumped out at me!

I've got 2 slight variations in the robot mode... not sure which is best or most stable. The electronics in his backpack unit tend to make him a bit back-heavy, so they'll have to go anyway.

So far I've got a Robot, Armored Car (regular mode, duh :)  ), Spaceship, Wolf and sort of Space-gun mode worked out for him. I was a bit uncertain about them till I looked back at the original G1 Sixshot and some of his more "questionable" alt-modes. Relatively speaking, most of mine look pretty good. :D  I'll post some more pics of the other modes.

Still not sure what to do for "tank" mode... but it shouldn't be too hard to twist him into something passable. This is a very flexible figure! :lol 

I messed with the colours in a couple pics to help the visualization. The new heads have not been attached yet obviously... still some work to do there. The Wolf mode involves one small bit of parts-forming... removing his shoulder armour and putting it on the Wolf's back. Not a necessary step even, but it does look better.

zmog

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Please, for the love of God, get to work on this.

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

how'd ya do the wolf head?

4. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

what robots makes up the first pic cause that looks fantastic!

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

wowzers

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Excellent work so far, SMOG! This is a very ambitious project--couple that with your insanely creative ideas and this is already a WIN. Looking forward to seeing more of this, man.

7. SMOG

The first pic (and all the pics) is almost all Energon Cliffjumper. I added a G2 Laser Optimus head, and gave him 2 Energon Inferno water cannons as guns. All I've done is mistransform him. :) 

The other pics are the exact same figure, just transformed slightly differently, and with little back wings from a KO mini-Victory Leo stuck on.

The wolf head was an accessory from an old SD Gundam I had... though a Zoid or Power Rangers beast head would probably work too. I added some clay to make the ears pointier.

Wow, thanks man... damn, I hope it's not TOO ambitious. I scare easily! The whole point of me taking this project on was that it looked so EASY! :D 

**BTW, updated with pics of Spaceship mode. Two different gun/wheel placements. Not sure which I prefer.

zmog

8. L_K

L_K Decepticon

Ebay:
    I love Sixshot so much. I hope you will manage to have the "tank mode".
    I have my plan to make a Cyberton Sixshot, after seeing what you've got, I will finish the project on hand a.s.a.p. and start to build the Sixshot. I wont let your Sixshot being alone.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow!

10. SMOG

Thanks!

I'm not sure how to make the tank. The original Sixshot tank mode is mostly just a jumble of parts, with some guns on top. I'll have to add some tank treads somewhere I guess. I knew there was some reason I was saving all those old Twin Twist arms. :D 

zmog

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh man . . . just when I was about to give myself a facepalm [I sold my E-Beachcomber a few years back], I realize that I have an E-Clfffjumper back at my parents' house.

SMOG, you get an internet hug from SQ7. A big bear hug.

12. SMOG

Gah!
    *gets crushed* :D 

Lucky thing... I actually have a junker Beachcomber AND Cliffjumper, so I'm planning on parts swapping as much as I can so I can cut down on the painting. A figure with as many improvised modes as this guy, and I figure paint rubbing would be a real problem!

Cliffjumper has that nice green colour on him already, though that bright yellow would totally have to go! :) 

zmog

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Goodness SMOG and Sixshot in one thread. My heart can't take it! :D 

I can't blame ya there on the parts swapping! I'm really excited to see how this turns out, man :thumb 

14. bumblebee Z

bumblebee Z Member

What are the difference between your sixshot and the wandereal sixshot?

15. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

wandereal's is a kickass articulated g1 sixshot, SMOG's is a kickass rendition of Sixshot, made from Energon Cliffjumper and other bots

16. SMOG

Yeah, honestly it's probably wan-de-real's Sixshot that put this in my brain. What he was doing there was INSANE... very cool, very labour intensive. Adding articulation to G1 toys is beyond me at this point. I'm just glad that this gives me something cool to do with my Energon Cliffjumper. :) 

zmog

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looks amazing! :thumb  Very convincing alt modes! Great outside thinking man! As far as tank mode goes....FiveShot don't sound all that bad either!:p 

18. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

SMOG: the man who always has a plan. :D 

19. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    Wow, that looks great! Glad to see that there is finally some use for that mould, haha! :) 

20. Ryotaro

Ryotaro FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Cybertronian Jet Mode.