Sixshot For Cheap?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cliffbee, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

I've managed to get my five-year-old and three-year-old nephews addicted to Transformers. The five-year-old is primarily interested in G1. His favorite toy -- which he's never seen face-to-face -- is G1 Sixshot. I used to own Sixshot, but I sold it many years ago.

I'd like to get Sixshot for my nephew for Christmas, but he is a five-year-old, so spending much more than $25 for any Transformer toy, including Sixshot, doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not above buying decent-quality knock-offs. My nephew has and loves his knock-offs of G1 Devastator and Defensor.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    chimungmung Toy Shop

I've heard it's relatively good. They also have a full-sized one, but I'd think that size would work fine with a 5-year-old.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I dunno much about him, but i DO think you should get him MMC Hexatron. Don't give it to him right away, of course, but save it for him for when he's older. Then give him a Six-Shot now, then when he's older and can handle it, give him Hexatron-It'll blow his mind, make you the greatest uncle EVER, and you get to save a bundle cause im sure he'll be much more expensive in the long run. Go for it, it'll be awesome lol

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got a g1 sixshot last weekend for 20 no guns though

5. Cliffbee

I don't think the guns are a big deal. As for Hexatron... no, thanks. It's waaaay too expensive, and even if it weren't, I'd rather spend that money on a boxed "encore" release of G1 Sixshot.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

If my G1 Sixshot is any indication, he's probably not the best toy to give to a five-year old. I'm an adult and to this day I struggle to pull the legs apart after they get pushed together for some of his alt. modes, a five-year old is going to have an even rougher time since he's not going to be strong enough to fully transform the figure.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    true, he'll be pricey-but well worth it if you give it to him like 10 years from now lol

8. Cliffbee

For all I know, he'll be "normal" and outgrow his Transformers toys, so... buying Hexacron isn't an option.

9. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    A junker Sixshot can go for relatively cheap nowadays, you just need to find the right seller like I did with mine which I got for $19.80 ($23 NZD for me).

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    come on, even if he outgrows transformers, he'll never outgrow one of his coolest toys, especially a revamp. but i getcha.

11. Cliffbee

That's a good point. I'll give it some thought.

What are folks' thoughts about Quickswitch? I never owned that one, and I always thought it looked bad. It doesn't seem to be as popular as Sixshot either.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Quickswitch is a lot of fun. Though its not as clever as sixshot. Its actually a pretty solid Transformer. All the modes basicly are just fliping parts around the center block of the body. So the body really only stands up for robot mode. What hurts his looks, is the inclusion of a boat mode and how its parts effect the robot.

A child could handle quickwitch much easier than sixshot. But if sixshot is his favorite character continue to pursue that.

Did you get the shout factory headmasters dvd? He's even featured on the cover. Also get the Transformers: devastation Trade paperback. Between that and spotlight sixshot your seeing some of his best comic book characterization.

I'm hopeing I can find the sixshot reissue myself. Or if takara announces an encore of him, I'd preorder it. Sixshot may be brutal to move at the knees. But he's built to rumble.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  13. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quickswitch is not bad. My brother wanted Six Shot growing up and asked our dad to get Six Shot, but my dad got Quick Switch instead. I've never held a Six Shot, so I can only go from photos and reviews, but from what I've seen, Six Shot looks cooler than Quickswitch. Quickswitch has a good design, and solidly transforms into six forms, however the robot mode really looks a bit odd with a disproportionately large torso and body. This makes Quickswitch look a little clunky in robot mode. Six Shot looks much sleeker and ready for battle.

I, too, am hoping to get a Six Shot eventually. Maybe we'll see him re-released again in the future, that would be cool. I missed out on the Takara reissue a few years ago.

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    A Classics Sixshot would be really awesome, then they can retool him into Quckswitch, Greatshot and Sixknight :D 

15. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

quickswitch wasn't the same mold... but shadowmaru is

and op should just get a cheapo ko sixshot for the 5 yo,

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Does he care about guns?

I got mine with guns for $60. IMO it was worth it.