Sites to Buy Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JavaJim, Mar 1, 2011.

1. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Started collecting transformers a couple of months back and I'm fairly new to both Toy collecting and to the various sites on the web for it. So far I have run across 3 major sites. As a new collector, I wanted to share my purchasing experiences with the 3 I have purchased from, and to request others to add other sites that I might visit.

1. Big Bad Toy Store - Reasonable selection, great prices, average packing, below expected quality.
    2. Toy Arena - Good selection, good prices, good packaging, expected quality.
    3. TF Source - Good selection, good prices, amazing packaging (best of any place I have ever purchased online), expected quality save 1 product (more info below).

Big Bad ToyStore

Was disappointed with BBTS as they sent boxes that had tears/etc which should have been called out in the listing. Thought it might have been a fluke, so ordered a second time, and again received below average boxes.

Toy Arena

Forgot my password at ToyArena and I learned their password retrieval featured doesn't work. When I contacted them to work it out, their 'fix' was to delete my account. *sigh* Needless to say I haven't created a second account there. Kind of worried when a site can't resolve a simple password problem and chooses to delete a customer's account instead. IMHO that's a good way to 'delete' a customer, not just their account.

TFSource

TFSource has been great thus far, but I did receive one product that broke on initial transformation (and no, I wasn't rough with it! lol). They did replace it at no charge to me, which was nice, so at least they back up their products. One of the benefits of buying from a site, which is why I'm hoping to find other viable sites for my toy collecting passion. The packaging from these guys is simply out of this world good. Honestly, they are the best I have ever seen of any site online, toy seller or otherwise.

That's all I have guys, as a newbie to the hobby, I really appreciate the help, and look forward to the feedback (links/info/experiences).

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This isn't really the place. This forum is for Transformers merch, not sites or sellers.

3. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Apologies. Like I said, I'm new to the forums. It looked like the closest one to post in as folks were reviewing the merchandise. Seemed reviewing the merchandisers fit in well. Can a mod move this post to a more appropriate forum?