Single Player - best replay missions!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by billcosby, Jul 15, 2010.

1. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Hey WFC-ers,

I'm without an Xbox live account and I will be getting one once this summer's over. This summer is pretty amazing so far and I'm trying to spend days outside as much as I can: beaches, picnics, whatever. The point being I'm stoked to try some WFC multiplayer but not at the moment.

Right now I'm enjoying the replay value of single player WFC even though the missions are quite long... luckily the developers were gracious enough to facilitate 10 entry points among the first 4 missions of each campaign. That's 40 single missions (plus 4 boss fights) to sift through and determine which ones are awesome, and which are less awesome.

I'm trying to compile a list of the best missions to drop in, just to play WFC single player for 15-20 minutes at a time...

Missions with lots of shooting enemies and fun stuff to do are my focus... as opposed to puzzle-solving or hazards, going down shafts, through tunnels, elevators, mashers... as far as challenge goes, it's also fun to crank it up to hard while replaying these, if you haven't beaten the game on hard yet.

For example:

STAGE 2-3 CANYON CRUISER: Awesome mission with a 2-deck Autobot ship to be taken down... land on the top and take out the cannons, blast inside and take out the crew... plant a bomb and escape. Lots of Arialbots to blast in this one.

STAGE 7-9 THE FINAL APPROACH: This is where you drive over this huge hexagon-shaped area and the floor sometimes gets blasted out underneath you, and there are heaps of Decepticon Rocketeers to fight. Playing this one as Sideswipe is super fun.

Any other noteworthy levels that are fun to drop in on?

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ALL OF THEM!

I played most of the game by myself on the HARD my first time through, and I enjoyed every second of it, difficulty and all.

Battling Omega was a lot of fun, from start to finish, and I thought that battle couldn't be beat, but I pleasantly surprised by the battle that led up to Trypticon, who's stage has very little cover. Nothing in this game made me run from side to side, utilizing every skill imaginable to live. Boosting, jumping, shooting, melee attacking, juicing up, gearing up and covering is very necessary for surviving the battle.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    They are alll sooo fun.... I can play them over and over.

4. Vormund

Vormund Member

Don't think I will replay on hard, but I will be going back through and try to get all the faction symbols.

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have just started the Autobot campaign but in the Decepticon campaign I enjoyed the part with the anti-aircraft gun. (I've enjoyed EVERYTHING but that one sticks out in my mind as particularly fun)

6. AlphaPrion

AlphaPrion Hot Shot

Space slugs!!!

7. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

I love section 7-9 since that is one of the few stages where you can cut lose as a vehicle. I also like stage 9 and especially the part where the autobots are fighting trypticon over cybertron.

8. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

Yes!

And Iacon Speedway in the first Autobot mission, You drive stop and shoot.

9. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Here's a recap of excellent replay missions from stage 1 and stage 8:

DECEPTICONS STAGE 1

Stage 1.2 Entering the orbital station
    Stage 1.3 Ambush
    Stage 1.4 Moving Forward
    (all solid waves of "Kup" clones in orange, green and blue)

Stage 1.6 To the Data Centre (Brute)
    Stage 1.7 Ventilation Shafts (Snipers, Brutes)
    Stage 1.8 Laboratory (heaps of Arialbots)
    Stage 1.9 Detrius (Brutes, Kup clones)
    Stage 1.10 Dark Energon (heaps of Kup clones)

AUTOBOTS STAGE 8

Stage 8.2 Entrance to the Omega Gate
    Stage 8.3 Stopped at the Gate (a challenge on easy, several waves of rocket soldiers, protectors. Protect Ratchet!)

Stage 8.5 Plague of Corruption (room full of Constructicon clones and rocket soldiers, must first wait through a cutscene of slugs)
    Stage 8.8 Divide and Conquer (heaps of spiders, Kup clones)
    Stage 8.10 The Heart of Corruption (boss spider)

Thanks for the feedback. I know the entire game is fun... ;)  but I'd like to discuss missions specifically in this thread.

Hmmm... which one is that?

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't remember what it is called but next time I play I'll check it out and let you know. (I think if you look in the chapter selection it says something about anti-aircraft gun)

11. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter 3, after meeting Brawl.