Singapore Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By "local", I mean the forums that most SG fans post in, That's why TFW2005 is my fave toy forum - folks here are more sincere and helpful! :) 

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bro i think i know which one he meant. no need to name names here. (dun worry i'll pm u & we'll talk abt it)

I can empathise w/you Liger bro, so far on a particular local forum boards my post has been a dismal 14 posts. while over here my post have reached 926 posts. what a difference eh? when you're a newbie folks at TFW2005 try not to alienate you & try be as helpful as possible. on the other hand the local ones...<sigh> no comments. but there's a few of them i managed to get to know, real friendly guys (guys if you're reading this so sorry, there's no intention to badmouth or malice on my part)

So in a nutshell, us SG guys here gotta stick together :D . that's why for me whenever i see new updates or postings on the SG sightings thread, i'll pm anyone that i know here just to alert them. just doing my bit. dat's all.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I dislike local forums, but that's just me. On the issue of toys, the Animated toys don't seem to be selling well at Metro Causeway Point, though I don't really observe the traffic during peak hours. I also saw the transcan Prime figure - protoform thingy and you can attach the truck parts. Looks ******ed.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i agree Jul, somewhat clique-ish at times & as for yr comments on Transcan OP the only thing i can say is.. :lol  reminds me of a Terminator endoskeleton wearing an oversize suit of armour.

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, what I dislike about the place is that at times the mods are hypocrites and abuse their powers. There was 1 mod (secret) who censored posters for mentioning prices and selling stuff but he was caught boosting of scalping in real life! LOL!

Anyway, back to topic - yeah, the transarmor Optimus doesn't appeal to me at all. Looks too skinny!

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    PM recieved and noted, guys. Thanks for the heads up. As far as i'm concerned, i do my part to let you guys in on whatever info comes my way. No worries, i'm a team player :D 

As for the trans scanning OP and BB, yuck.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    TFA Ultra Magnus Boxed is available at the falcon hanger for S$90..thats great, i think
    i already reserved a loose one though..its about 20 dollars less

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Chinatown OG - Usual Universe such as Prowl and Sunstreaker etc. Henkei TFs sighted and oh yeah, Encore Omega Supreme!

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally spotted at Taka: TF Universe toys but so far Prowl & Sunstreaker only. the rest are the usual movi toys, TFA blah blah & so on & so forth.

Edit: Also spotted Binaltech Arcee.

10. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is an update (of-sort) since this is the sightings thread & we use this to look for stuff in our dear lion city. there's another unexpected development that just occured.

For those of us who have been using yahoo auctions.sg to find & buy stuffs, it's sad for me to inform that Yahoo auctions.sg is closing down!!! :cry  yep that's why for quite sometime we were unable to use or access the site properly (maybe they were preparing themselves for this eventuality).

Yahoo! Auctions - Buy and Sell Sports Cards, Coins, Collectibles or New Items

11. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Walau!!!! Wasted man. I would have prefered Yahoo to find local dealers. Ebay more for Overseas sellers, which because of shipping, is always a hassle. Not to mention paying ridiculous shipping fees sometimes.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im sure that must suck...ive only used ebay.com.sg though, so i guess i'll never use yahoo :D 

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it sure does sucks big time! b'coz since it was a free service (unlike evilbay which charge a fee for ppl selling their stufs) a lot of SG buyers & collectors alike used it alot. so many kind of stufs & great bargains to be had.

Too bad you missed it heshan..oh well the end of an era :( 

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    With the demise of the yahoo auctions, it really is an end of an era of toy collecting for older fans like me in Singapore - especially those who used it from the late '90s. I get almost 20% of my stuff from that place.

15. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Yeah it sucks. Normally, that was where i would go to find cheaper deals on the older stuff not available in shops anymore. CSC can be rather costly at times, and Ebay usually is overseas sellers and also shipping is what usually jacks up the prices.

16. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok good news (sort-off). i've already seen some familiar names from yahoo auctions.sg crossing-over to ebay.com.sg. quite a number of them have already started selling their stuff but the downside is they have jacked-up their price abit :( .

17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh? Why have prices increased?

In sighting news...the usual stuff at OG Orchard such as TF movie etc. Don't recall seeing any Universe stuff...but then I was looking at SW merchandise! :D 

18. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Increased maybe due to the small fee charged by ebay. but i think some would just stick to their original prices.

For example this seller called toy_bunker: previously on yahoo auctions sg he's selling his Takara Brave God Max for only $150 but instead on evilbay its $165.

19. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Hi all.

Finally got on this forum after lurking forever. I thought a good first post would be to post a TF sighting in our very own S'pore TF sighting thread!

Here goes:

TF Armada Unicron in Universe packaging spotted at TRU @ Forum! RP: S$129.90. I would take pics but I don't have my camera nor the toy with me right now. Was quite surprised and delighted to see it as I was about to buy the MX-00 Armada version but this presented a cheaper alternative.

Also, saw a few Universe Ultra Class Onslaught at Isetan on the shelves, and almost everywhere seems to have an overstock of Universe Nemesis Prime.

Keep this thread going guys! I look forward everyday to see someone posting a sighting of the 2nd wave of Universe TFs :wink: 

20. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for posting on this thread, Solitudinal :thumb .

Yeah i hope others among us would post more often here too.