Sinestro War

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also the article didn't mention it, but Sodam Yat is weak against anything that is made of lead. It can kill him in the same way kryptonite can kill Superman.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but like the third Ragnarok. There have already been a couple, including the one Hal did during Emerald Twilight.

3. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just read GL #22, it was pretty cool, here's spoilers:
    The fight between Hal and Kyle-lax is pretty short, and Hal manages to get away with some help from the Lost Lanterns. SB-Prime is shown sitting on the moon looking at the Earth, and says "Heh. Stupid Earth." Hank Henshaw is shown on New Warworld praying to the Anti-Monitor. Looks like Hank's motive in all this is he finally wants to be granted death so he can be with his wife. Henshaw sheds a tear when the Anti-Monitor promises to grant his request after the war. Hal and the Lost Lanterns have a nice scuffle with the Sinestro Corps on Qward, until Kyle-Lax decides to get mid-evil on their asses. Kyle-Lax kills "Chance" of the Lost Lanterns. The lanterns flee and burrow to the underground of Qward since they believe Ion has separated from Kyle and is hidden there. They split up and search for Ion, Guy, and John Stewart. Hal, Tomar-Tu, and Graf's group finds Guy and John, but end up face to face with Lyssa Drak, keeper of the book of Parallax. To be continued. *end spoiler. Thoughts?

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I thought this week's was good. I hope we get more on what Ion is soon and judging by covers of upcoming issues of countdown Kyle will be back, unless that's another version of him from a alternate earth. So far this is really well written.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i thought that was Kyle....but that GL has Kyle's 1st post-Ion uniform...and i think that uniform was the best one yet.

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Fun issue. Great art. Good writing too, and that from a relative noob's (I don't really follow GL) perspective.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I heart Green Lantern these days! I'll be a sad panda the day Johns and Gibbons leave their respective books.

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'm kinda wondering if maybe Hal will end up as Ion after this is over.

Also, what are these covers from Countdown that you guys are talking about?

9. smkspy

I hope that this concluded with Ion and Parallex being suck into some dimension to battle each other for all eternity thus ridding us of these two concepts (or until they need to do the sequel).

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Maybe Ion will inhabit Hal to help him battle Kyle/Parallax and the battle will lead to their mutual destruction and will stabilize the multiverse.

11. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

I'll be so pissed...

i'd be even happier if Hal becomes Parallax again :D  <- yeah, i really dislike Hal.

Its the covers in Previews.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man...I finally managed to pick up this issue and the Cyborg really is a tortured and er, sick soul...with references to his request to the Anti Monitor!

14. smkspy

15. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Glad they're making the figs. Now if they had more of a DSCH articulation. I'd love to see Sinestro Corps Cyborg Supes as a repaint/retool of the DCSH Cyborg Supes we have out. And where is Sinestro himself?

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO, I find most of the DC Direct figures to have decent sculpt and that they have the basic articulation...some of Toy Biz ML were too "multi-jointed" for my liking.

Anyway, with regards to the return of the Anti-Monitor, I'm not exactly please...yeah, he's a dangerous villian but IMO it seems that DC has run out of bad guys to use...sorts of "cheapen" Earth-2 Superman's death...after all it was the latter who defeated the Anti-Monitor in the original Crisis.

17. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

[​IMG]

I already have a few Sinestro figures, but this one is fucking amazing!

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I thought the return of the Anti Monitor was pretty awesome. I knew he was going to return as soon as I read DC Brave New World and the Monitors were revealed. Even more convinced when I learned each universe had a Monitor - so the Anti-Matter Universe gets one, too.

I'd bet that Final Crisis / Countdown is going to hinge on his return. Along with Monarch and Darkseid, Countdown has some massive villains coming into play (interesting note, they represent the three big crossovers from DC in the 80's - CoIE, Legends and Armageddon 2001. Throw in the Manhunters and you've got the Millenium crossover too. Parallax / Kyle would be Zero Hour, it really seems like we're getting a lot of references to the past crossovers with who we're seeing right now)

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armageddon was in '91. And the Monarch running around the DCU now is far from a villain. It's good ol' Captain Atom in a weird costume.

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn that Sinestro figure is awesome.