Sinestro War

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Anyone else read the Sinestro Corps special or GL 21 yet? I absolutely loved it! I am totally pumped for the rest of this series to see where this war goes!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sinestro War is the best thing going right now. Part 3 comes out tomorrow in GL Corps 14.

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they were great. I just hope they stay as good, and don't lose steam or have a lame ending. My big fear is that it will end in 2 pages of the Final Crisis story, like Villians United. That had a strong set up, they attacked Metropolis, there was lots of tension as the heroes gathered to confront them, then....who cares, SBP is flying to Oa.

4. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

I'm liking it but I'm getting really ticked that Kyle keeps getting shafted because DC wants Jordan to be the GL golden boy again.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Same here...they gave Hal his comic back...and until this storyline happened, it sucked...or that's what i thought of it (yeah, i bought the issues...up until the Most Wanted arc)

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying it, but they need to stop letting Geoff Johns write Kyle Rayner. Johns is a great writer (I love his stuff on JSA), but he just doesn't realize that Kyle isn't a wet-behind-the-ears rookie who doesn't really know what he's doing. He also seems totally oblivious to the fact that Hal Jordan is very, very boring. Hal's a great hero, but take the mask and ring off and he is one of the dullest characters in all of comics (but still not as dull as John Stewart). Most of Johns' Green Lantern stuff reads like one of the pro-Hal, anti-Kyle fanboys got hired to write the book.

Ridiculous treatment of Kyle and Hal aside, I'm liking where the Sinestro Corps storyline is going. It's shaping up to be one hell of a space epic, and I can't wait to read the GLC issue (especially since it will likely feature a lot of the one true Green Lantern: Guy Gardner).

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up GLC #14 and it was pretty good. A few visually interesting Sinestro Corps members are shown, we get the Sin Corps counterpart to Salaak and Sinestro's scheme turns out to be more intricate and intelligent than I was expecting. Also more information that suggests the Ysmault prophecy is coming true and a great ending with bad news for Mogo. My current speculation is that the planetoid approaching Mogo is controlled by the Cyborg Superman, who is currently impersonating Stel.

I'm enjoying this story a lot, but that's my main concern about it right now. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but I'm preparing for any of the following lame bits:
    - Kyle being killed off, likely in a "heroic self-sacrifice", to complete the revamp of GL to pre-1991 ideas.
    - A non-ending that leads into the next event, involving the Rainbow Emotion Corps or whatever it'll be called.
    - The series tying into Countdown significantly.

How long, DCU-time, has Kyle been a GL anyway? I seem to recall Hal giving the time from Coast City's destruction to the present in a recent issue (which would roughly coincide with Kyle's tenure), but don't have it in front of me. Gotta be at least 3 years or so.

Agreed. I've been collecting (Hal's) GL since issue #10, because of Cyborg Superman and the Sinestro Corps build-up, and I've been close to dropping it just about every issue. RotGLs was a thinly-veiled white-wash of Jordan's character saved only by the Cyborg's appearance, W:GL was two issues too long and predictable and the Star Sapphire arc was atrocious, especially since the two major points (Zamarons are starting up their own Corps and the Hal/Carol/Cowgirl triangle) could have been made in one issue. The villains and space battles are neat, but Johns has spent so much effort reverting everything to the way it was pre-Coast City explosion that he hasn't done anything to make Hal (or his cardboard supporting cast) interesting.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I really think they're planning on making Kyle THE main guy in the end.

If my initial hypothesis about how the 7 powers work, is correct, I believe Kyle is going to end up with both Paralax and Ion inside of him.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Have they found out that Mogo and Killowag are being manipulated?

The aparecce of Rax makes me thing about that profecy, were Mogo is the last of the Green Lanterns.

10. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Yeah, they took care of that in GLC just before the Sinestro War started. Mogo got rid of the parasite by dragging in a nearby meteor and crashing it into himself.

11. General Magnus

Auch. So Despotiles bought it?

12. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not sure.

But Mogo's property value went way down. :p 

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    let me know the issue where sinestro corps take g'nort to the back of the shed.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despotellis is still alive, as far as I'm aware; he/it made a brief cameo in the Sinestro Corps Special when Sinestro was taunting Kyle.

15. Darkravager

Who is the GL in this month's issue of GL Corps that the girl is supposed to look after? I am interested to see why he's so important. I hadn't read GL Corps since Recharge.

16. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From wiki:

17. Darkravager

Cool. Thanks Cat.

18. BaronV

BaronV MonsterOfTheWeek.com

Anyone have a scan of what Sodam Yet looks like? I remember in a old comic he was shown as a big hulking red guy I think.

19. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks like a regular human actually. A man with short black hair. But he's buff.

20. General Magnus

So this is the road to Ragnarok of the Green Lantern Corps.