Since We're On Topic of The Avengers, What About the Fantastic Four?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Bort826TFWorld, May 6, 2012.

1. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    With 20th Century's lease of the Fantastic Four going up in smoke by the year, how would a Marvel Studios movie work out? After he's done working on Star Trek 2, someone like J. J. Abrams could be someone to consider taking the reins of Marvel's First Family if handled right. Here's how it could play out.

After the Chitauri invasion of Earth, SHIELD and NASA realize there’s more to our universe than thought. In an experimental test on interplanetary space travel directed by Dr. Harvey Elder (Lost and Person of Interest’s Michael Emerson) and a return performance from William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, a rag tag group of scientists from New York’s Baxter Building are hand selected for the job. Reed Richards, (portrayed by Mad Men’s Jon Hamm), an aeronautics engineer known for his work with SHIELD and is described as “appropriately pragmatic, authoritative, and dull”, leads the test subjects, comprised of himself, his love interest Susan Storm (Fringe’s Anna Torv), her hot-shot brother, Johnny (Tron: Legacy’s Garrett Hedlund) and pilot and gentle giant Ben Grimm (Firefly’s Adam Baldwin). Sent into space, the team experiences a problem in the form of a crossing over to a place only known as the “Negative Zone” that causes an abortion of the mission, but not before the team is affected by a strange mutation. Grimm attempts to fly them out from the Zone, only causing them to plummet to Earth.

The team awaken separately only to discover they are being held captive in a SHIELD facility in outside New York City referred to as “The Vault”. Their exposure to the Negative Zone causes mutations among them. Reed is able to stretch his body to great lengths, Sue is able to turn invisible, Johnny becomes a literal “man on fire”, the most tragic of them all, Grimm becomes a golem-like creature referred to as a “Thing” by many. Meanwhile, Dr. Elder attempts to unleash an army of creatures he discovered that lie in subterranean world below the Earth’s crust. In an attempt to help, but doing more harm than good, Nick Fury demands the World Security Council to let the Four go, but divide them up amongst the New York City and return them to their normal lives, to prevent the same events that the Avengers Initiative caused. The council refuses. Using their new found power, the team escapes to New York, becoming fugitives. Despite SHIELD’s efforts to keep them apart, but after a series of events where the team members cause chaos because of their own power, they, under the idea of using their powers for good and the advancement of humanity, become the Fantastic Four, when, unbeknownst to them, an invasion brews beneath their feet. The team stops Elder from unleashing his army upon New York City, (despite intervention from Ross and his private team of superhumans known as “Project: Thunderbolt”) and SHIELD realizes the potential for the team. Fury offers membership into the Avenger Initiative, but Richards declines, optioning for his team to work on their own.

Just a thought.

2. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea with some good casting but I think the F4 is kind of low on Marvel's radar right now.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    they definitely need to be rebooted

4. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Its been confirmed for a reboot

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fantastic Four is such a silly concept to begin with I honestly don't think it is possible to make a good movie.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fox still owns FF, hence the reboot, so it will not be tied to the MMU in any way.

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already made a good F4 movie...

It's called The Incredibles.

8. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Not any sillier than a guy dressing up in underwear as a flying rat jumping from rooftop to rooftop fighting crime.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

marvel got back the rights to fantastic four, punisher, and a few others last year. when the license for the films expired.

don't forget a license does not last forever.

for example, lego's 10 year license for star wars expired, and they had to renew it for 2012, in order to release the new sets this year!

besides after the avengers movie's profit, i think if marvel really wanted to, they could BUY back the not in use licenses. don't you think?

^

"Bats are not rodents"

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

11. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I don't think Marvel got the rights back for Fantastic Four, unfortunately. But they did get the rights of Blade and Punisher back, though.

12. Primus5289

I thought the last Punisher movie was okay but I hope since Marvel has the rights now we finally get a really good Punisher movie. I'd be all for Stevenson to play the character again though but he probably won't though since he's Volstagg in the Thor movies.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kidding. I'm still waiting on a proper Punisher MAX film or film series - a project that shouldn't be too hard to realize, given how grounded Punisher is in the everyday world (no superheroes, no magic, no space-age technology). Adapting The Slavers would be excellent. If Stevenson can't return, I'd go for either Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Christopher Meloni.

14. Primus5289

You're right it shouldn't be hard to make but so far with three movies they still can't seem to get it right. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be perfect for Punisher.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wonder why the Punisher movies constantly suck? I'm guessing all actions and no charecter development?