since we're getting reissue Omega Sup and Metroplex...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, May 26, 2008.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

since we're getting reissue Omega Sup, skylynx and Metroplex...

Are we getting g1 jetfire, scorponok, shockwave or tyrpticon? Has/tak/tomy still has the molds to these?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Jetfire - no, because Bandai owns the rights to the mold in Japan, and are still churning out reissues / toys from it.

Scorponok / Shockwave / Trypticon - I suppose having had Sky Lynx, Omega and Metroplex, none of these are necessarily out of the question, although I'm not sure about the legalities of Shockwave since it was licensed from another company.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Trypticon and Scorponok were made by HasTak, so if the molds still exist they should be fair game. Trypticon's mold was used fairly recently for BW2, so odds are it still exists in a form that could be used for Encore (although the BW2 version didn't have any accessories, so their current state might be in question).

Jetfire and Shockwave were licensed molds. Jetfire is right out, because there's pretty much no way in hell Bandai would let Takara Tomy borrow its precious Valkyrie mold again. Shockwave is trickier. As far as I know, the ownership of that mold is kind of vague, since he's been bounced around to a few different companies over the years. If Takara Tomy can find the current rights holder and persuade them to license the toy again - assuming the mold still exists- I can see Shockwave getting an Encore.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Shockwave was the only G1 TF toy not based on a Takara mold that was released by Takara as part of their G1 line.

Because the original mold belonged to a Korean company, not a Japanese competitor of Takara's.

So who knows.