Since this Trilogy is ending, and Reboots are all the craze..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iLuvM3, Apr 24, 2011.

1. iLuvM3

iLuvM3 Me, Grimlok, King!

Does anyone think down the road it would be possible to see some sort of reboot of Transformers?

Just wondering, mainly because it seems the latest craze with a lot of blockbuster movies.

Michael Bay, if i'm not mistaken wants Dark of the Moon to be the last in the Trilogy, then be finished and done with it.

So would it be strange if someone else in a year or few comes to light about rebooting/ remaking the Transformers movies with their own ideas?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No, it wouldn't be strange at all.

It would be inevitable.

And most welcome.

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Yeah, I'd say it'll definately happen too.

4. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah it will definitely happen especially if the 3rd one makes huge money, which will happen. I'm betting Sam, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee all will die in this movie so Bay can take the characters with him.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yes it will definitely happen, but in no way will it be for the reasons that people post on these boards.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    it's most likely that there'll be a reboot, but i'd rather they wait until doing one, unlike spiderman. announcing a reboot a few years after the last film just seems unessessary.
    however, Brian Goldner did state that he was interested in continuing the franchise without Bay, so who knows what'll happen

7. iLuvM3

I just think it'd be nice to see a Director take to light the fans of the original series and shoot it with that image in mind..Michael Bay made some out there alterations but i'm still a fan of the movie universe, even if they are far from the greatest.

I was actually just watching RotF on HBO again and got to thinking how many reboots and remakes were being filmed/ produced/ and released in the coming years. I just hope if they ever do announce a reboot they can get some of the voice actors back, mainly Peter Cullen and a number of the original G1 cast to possibly become interested in revoicing their character

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    As long as Jess Harnell, Peter Cullen and Charlie Alder reprise their roles I'll be fine with the voice aspect. But if its done within the span of 10 years after DOTM it'll be too soon.

9. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    well i want it to go like what jurassic park 3 did: use a different director but carry out the franchise. i know mb said he wanted to end this franchise, but you never know, someone can probably easily pick up where it left off, but maybe focus on something entirely different, maybe just about the war on cybertron or something like that.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I'm not mistaken, someone from hasbro said that tf4 is going to happen with our without bay, so I don't think this will get rebooted soon. Which is ok by me, because I like the movies, and know plenty of others that do as well :) . Reboot or no reboot, movies will continue.

11. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    I think it might take awhile, but yes I can defenitly see it happening.

12. iLuvM3

I think they should just end with Dark of the Moon, continuing it just seems like a poor choice and an attempt to milk the franchise dry. A Trilogy is fine enough, we don't need to go the path of Pirates of the Caribbean.

As for a Reboot/ Remake i'm mainly interested in seeing more devotion to the actually Transformers, whether it follows G1 closely (or even the many other series/ stores) and gives the fans more of what they want. Whether it revolves around War for Cybertron, Beast Wars, bringing in the Dinobots, insections and so on. Of Course it would also have to be the main voice actors, and maybe even include more originals for fan favorites. I'd just really love to see it more devoted as how there was a whole variety of Transformers (even if it was so Hasbro could sell more toys). They need to make a movie similar to that of 1986 ;]

13. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Those reasons being: "ROTFL was badbadbadbadbadbad!!!!!!!!!!! The critics were right Skids and Mudflap were dumb and there are no Dinobots Stunticons or anyone else from my child hood!!!!" :p 

Seriously though, I think a reboot probably will happen eventually, but not straight away. I know that many people want it to happen as soon as physically possible so they can put the Bay movies behind them once and for all, but personally I don't think Hasbro and the film studios should rush straight in to it. Give it a few years, wait until non-fans start forgetting about Transformers, then start on a reboot.

Additionally, if a reboot does go ahead, I hope that it's NOT a shot-for-shot, word-for-word remake of 'More than Meets the Eye' or any other G1 TV Show story arc for that matter. I'd prefer it if this franchise went forwards, not backwards.

14. iLuvM3

Would be interesting to get a whole new approach, different character builds but using similar characters. It's not impossible, they just need to give it a solid meaningful storyline.

I do agree though that rushing it would be a bad idea, Michael Bay Transformers are too fresh for anyone to find a taste for a reboot. Though i would say working on a script or plot asap wouldn't be that bad, at least this way it wouldn't be rushed and could be planned out with plenty of time in between.

I'm just curious about a reboot because the last few Transformers tv series have been kind of eh, they just don't have much in them to interest me..and also i missed quite a chunk of the more recent one.

15. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

The way that the movies are making so much money I couldn't see them not making anymore. While I liked the design of the robots and the action sequences, there was a lot of things Bay did I didn't care for. By that I mean a lot of the "comedy". Too much humping, farting and genitalia on robots. So I think a reboot could be positive. There are still a lot more robots that we haven't seen yet. I 'd love to see the Stunticons or Combaticons, or even see them take another crack at Devastator. I guess I'm saying I'm ready to see another director take the helm.

16. iLuvM3

That's true, he threw in too many fart jokes that ended up just making people roll there eyes and hate the movies more. The robots were mostly great looking, very interesting detail and trying to make them realistic. Maybe Dark of the Moon will redeem the series and leave behind the fart jokes for some serious matter..i would though much rather see a director start from scratch with a different perspective rather than try to build onto Michael Bays

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'm ready, reboot or not. Depends on how many major TF characters Bay's going to kill off, since that seems to be a worry to some; then again, it wouldn't be the first time a TF has been written back from the dead, even in Bay's films. I figure if Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream, or any of the four, are still around at the end, they could still do a 'requel' that takes place several years after this series of films and surround them with a new batch of TF characters, which would open up the franchise to new directions and story and character possibilities (IMO the human characters are expendable in terms of the long run of the franchise). Whereas, if all four should die at the end of this one, you could still reboot with the same premise and have them back since it'd be a reboot.

18. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Yes please :)  anything would be better than these movies. I found transmorphers to be hilariously bad but more entertaining than bay's movies.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    If nothing else I do give Michael Bay credit for proving that it can be done. But let's hire an adult next time, yes?

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd personally rather the series was not rebooted. There's a whole lot of material in the franchise that could still be explored. From the obvious, Unicron and Galvatron, to the fan favoured, Bludgeon and Thunderwing (Stormbringer style), to the outright obscure, Straxus.

And that is completely discounting the prospect of introducing a new concept to the series. We've had ancient robots with telekinetic abilities and shards of a cube that revive dead robots. Do you really think a new crew could not contrive their way out of whatever ending Dark of the Moon has?

To me rebooting the franchise is a cheap way out to get out of actually being creative and coming up with a reason for these characters to come back / still be relevant.