Since Megatron's death in TF1, he never seemed fully rebuilt or complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Jan 17, 2012.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I made a couple of threads about megatron being handicapped in ROTF and how would his TF1 version cope in films 2 and 3, with the trilogy out of the way I thought compare his 3 alternative modes. But it always bugged me with megatron versions in ROTF and DOTM. Megatron never seemed to fully rebuild himself, he always had a weakness while in TF1 he never had a weakness in the mode he had. Lets compare his 3 modes

TF1 Megatron
    This is why he was the leader of the decepticons, megatron at the peak of his powers. He had the speed and agility of optimus prime, the armoured body of sentinel's shield and all the weapons and flight any decepticon could want. You could see in the way he would fight optimus, he would struggle to damage megatron. And any hit optimus would throw at megatron, megs would overpower optimus. The way he could change weapons, from piercing stabbing weapons to his powerful guns he was difficult for any autobot to hurt megatron even optimus prime, maybe one reason why sentinel joined megatron's side because of the capability's of megatron

ROTF Megatron
    Is it me or megatron may is well have have had one arm, he had this gimpy arm that was almost has useless as T-rex's arms. He had this beast of a gun that could blow a building up, but his small arm seemed to handicap him from fighting optimus, and he never seemed to have any speed to counter any moves optimus would throw at megatron. I even noticed the fighting style megatron used in ROTF was very different from TF1. But his gimpy arm, optimus seems to use that weakness and attack megatron allot more than he should

DOTM Megatron
    Besides his downgrade from a flying tank, megatron's overall body was very complete. He could do hand to hand combat, for example how he ripped sentinel apart it was quick and very much back to the way he was in TF1, he would damage once part and use his other arm to do more damage to sentinel. But once again megatron leaves something missing that prevents him from becoming the threat he was in TF1, half his head destroyed. And this weakness optimus uses to kill megatron

So I ask everyone, was it always annoying since megatron's death in TF1? he was never fully rebuilt since his death. And was his original mode that hard to defeat

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He really wasn't. I mean, you could argue maybe he was in ROTF, but he had so little screentime it's hard to tell, and his role was so diminished he hardly seemed the imposing figure he was in TF1. In DOTM we see him literally as a decayed shell of his former self, and I really wish they'd DONE more with that character arc.

It certainly doesn't help that in the latter two movies he plays 2nd fiddle to whatever other villain du jour is there.

3. jmc2915

jmc2915 Human Alliance

megatron never bothered me. now mike bay on the other hand...

4. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Maybe Megs should have hired a medic on his staff. And if he wasn't all healed up or rebuilt, he probably shouldn't go looking for trouble.

Even in his most powerful TF1 state he froze in the arctic. I guess you can't blame his ROTF body as his minions built him (again, surround yourself with the right people), that and don't die in the first movie. I will say that I was annoyed with his half-head-repair-mode in DOTM.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He came back from the dead more effectively than characters like Jazz and Jetfire, so maybe we're being too hard on him.

6. megatron6661

I like to get the point out there, that optimus is hyped in ROTF oh it showed optimus was holding back in TF1. When megatron is rebuilt by very inferior parts, while optimus is upgraded by the humans. It is not just the way his body was rebuilt in ROTF and the way he fights in is well compared to TF1 he seems slower and less inventive. At times he literately relies on that huge gun in ROTF

7. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

I don't remember his arm being tiny in ROTF. His arms seemed normal throughout that movie to me. It was the toy that had the super gimpy arm.

8. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

I hated the way Megatron was portrayed in the 2nd Transformer movies. They made him weak in both. Megatron should not bow to anyone Fallen, or anyone for that matter.

(off topic - the reason I like TFP Megs so much is that even Unicorn could not make him follow)

9. megatron6661

No megatron had the gimpy arm in ROTF, go check the forest fight when he changes his arm into the big gun its twice has large as the small arm of his. When megatron swings for optimus he uses that gun arm, he rarely uses that gimpy arm to fight

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, he was definitely getting weaker and weaker as time passed.

Albeit, he isn't too weak in Revenge of the Fallen, seeing as how he survived an air raid and tank fire in the desert, and you could count killing Prime if you want, but it is most obvious in Dark of the Moon, where he doesn't do any real fighting until the end of the film, and even then he's killed off two minutes later.

I would say it's due to having been revived by an Allspark shard, which only contained a minute proportion of energy contained in the complete Allspark, and that Energy was slowly draining out of him.
    Though the more likely explanation in Revenge of the Fallen is that he cheated death and was weaker as a result, and in Dark of the Moon a lot of it had to do with his head.

11. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Watched and I disagree. Megatron's arms are the same size. Look at the next scene when he is beating Starscream with his own arm. Meg's arms are the same size. Sure, when his one arm is in Fusion Cannon mode, it's slightly larger, but the same can be said about Prime's arm when in cannon mode or sword mode.

Megatron repeatedly used his non-gun arm. He grabbed Prime from behind before slamming the "crab-claw" into his chest. He used his non-gun arm to hold down Sam. But obviously in battle, the crabgun arm would be used more, since it has the armaments on it. That'd be like complaining about GI Joe using a tank against Cobra when he COULD be using a swiss army knife...

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wished they just let Megatron rest in pieces in the bottom of Abyss. I hate the direction they were going with him. Michael Bay, If your not going to take Megatron as the serious main threat then why bother with him (Other than to sell merchandising with as familiar name).

Though DOTM Megatron had a badass design but he went nowhere with that take and got his head sliced off by Prime at the end.

Trust me take him out of ROTF and DOTM he will barely affect much of the plot. Give Starscream the role. He actually would have looked more competant.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    1. ROTF Megatron's TOY had a gimpy arm. In the movie itself however, the cannon arm just made the other arm look small.
    2. ROTF Megs did look a bit clunky, but he kicked Prime's faceplate off. Plus, the cannon arm was an advantage, as he stabbed right through Prime with the sword part, and used the conveniently nearby cannon to shoot through the hole, thus increasing damage to Optimus.
    3. In DOTM, Prime never used the brain damage to his advantage. Megatron just thought that Optimus would agree to a truce, and Optimus abruptly tore into him.

14. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Yeah, he just wasn't the "main bad guy" in the second and third films.

They did bring in the Fallen, the first Decepticon ever so he really can't compete with that. All he did was blindly follow the Fallen's orders. And he didn't even do anything for the Fallen while Optimus was killing him, and even got so injured when Optimus blasted him with his own cannon, he never recovered. It was basically like "Sit down Megatron, the Primes are doing business." It was basically like Megatron wasn't even there, him being there really had no consequences except him shooting Sam, which any Decepticon with a good optic could have done.
    '
    In DOTM, he was too rusted and beat up to really do anything. I mean I just felt that he was "there". When Optimus was fighting Sentinel, Optimus was getting his ass handed to him. But he killed Megatron with one hand? The great leader of the Decepticons, the faction that tore Cybertron apart and made it a barren wasteland? I felt it was anti-climatic and they rushed to kill Megatron.

15. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

Neat, I actually didn't notice how Megatron's fighting behaviour in DOTM was similar to that in TF1. I guess his over all lazy act throughout the film and that really short fight against Sentinel kept me from noticing.

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron in my opinion was a huge missed opportunity, so much potential that by ROTF had all gone to waste, had he stayed how he was in TF1 I would have liked his character much better.

17. SuperJazz

Yeah it's kinda hard to notice how someone fights when they only do it for a couple seconds, and in TF1, a few minutes. Which is better than nothing I guess.

18. SuperJazz

Likewise. He was something to be feared. In the other ones it's basically this:

"Oh Megatron's here. OK ummm.... OK get that weapon and someone get Optimus so he can kick his ass again. And can you tell Optimus to make him stay dead this time? It gets boring, killing the same guy again and again."

19. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

3. Optimus was able to cleave Megatron's head much easier because of his injury. One could also argue, that his reflexes were poor due to the damage he sustained to his brain module.

If you watch closely, you'll see that when Optimus charges him, he raises his gun. When Optimus throws his axe into his chest, Megatron fires (and misses). Just before Optimus Kicks him to the ground, Megatron takes a swing at him with his right arm and tries to grab him. All too slow, and Prime is one step ahead of him each time. And his momentum from his swing helped Prime to knock him over.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    In ROTF he was made from parts of just some other random Decepticon.

In DOTM he was just repaired with whatever they had lying around in Africa.

Is it any wonder the poor guy couldn't go toe-to-toe with Optimus anymore.

:lol