Since I don't wanna put stickers on my TFs...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Robogeek28, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I hate stickers, I really do, but I don't want my upcoming AM bots to be naked either. I've decided to try my hand at painting but have no idea how or where to start. Basically I need to know what paints would be good to use as well as brushes.

I've also read about folks using colored sharpies to touch up their bots, does that work as well as paint? If anyone could help me with some info or even point me in the right direction to find that info I'd greatly appreciate it!:D 

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO learn to mask and buy a air brush set up.

4. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I never visit that section and figured it was just pics of people's customs, thanks!

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Never go with Sharpies. They're not made for plastic.

Any decent hobby shop will carry a decent assortment of sprays and bottles from various manufacturers. I personally like Tamiya, but it's my understanding that they're not as easy to find outside the West Coast. There are a good number of members who swear by Model Masters paints and even simply Krylon Fusion. It's all just preference and using what's available to you. The key thing is finding what you like and practicing on junker figures and such, or even "everyone's done one" customs like Classics Cliffjumper and repainting the Classics Seeker mold.

6. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Say no to Sharpies, gotcha.:lol 

I'm really only looking to do some light detail work to make up for the stickers, nothing major. Even if it's just painting the optics on the Microns and Breakdown's head/tailights in vehicle mode I need SOMETHING to make them look a little less plain.