Since Exodus is a prequel will we see..

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ..Jazz, Lugnut, Prowl, Alpha Trion and the 13?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No idea. As much as it's supposed to prequel we still don't know if it'll actively be used as inspiration for the writers.

HOWEVER, considering the show is about the Prime dinasty and what it means to be one, the 13 showing up is a possibility.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    We likely will, though anyone but the 13 might not appear in season 1, or even 2.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i think the 13 primes (including megatronus prime/the fallen) May show up on the Future

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    It's possible but I highly doubt most of the people working on Prime knew about Exodus being a prequel to it. I wouldn't think too much about the continuity between the two

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    maybe some shred of evidence tying PRIME to Exodus or even WFC... but I aint holding my breath.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The 13 will show up in some capacity. Why else would the concept art they showed at botcon be done in the Prime aesthetic?

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

For my opinion on the 13:
    The Original 13?

As for the others, I'll say what I always say about Prime: The writers are using this as an outlet to explore more parts of the mythos and the franchise than they could with the movies. Certain characters might appear, others might not. It's all a matter of wait and see.

9. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

We don't really know that it was. Apart from Bumblebee we had seen nothing of Prime's aesthetic pre-botcon and even during it there were only what, three pieces of concept art shown for robot modes?

In other words, at that point anything shown at the hasbro panel that looked kinda like the movie but less realistic (like, say, the first six issues of the ongoing TF comic) could've been mistaken by a viewer as "done in the Prime aesthetic".

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    WELL we just got our first confirmation of WFC and Prime connection.

DARKNESS RISING PART 2 Summary mentions Dark Energon.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I didn't see them specifically reference 'Dark Energon', just that it's a 'mysterious element that has the power to control life itself'.

It could be Solatarium, for all we know. ;) 

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Wrong, the episode summary says that Megatron wields DARK ENERGON, spot on, written.

"The autobots go in search of Cliffjumper whose life signal is weak, and find Megatron wielding the dangerous Dark Energon."

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    So?
    Both G1 and ENERGON had energon... but it doesn't mean they were connected

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    :gen069: 

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope it delves that deep into the mythology. Obviously, the promos show very little and make it seem very earth-centric etc etc, but hopefully that's just the tip of the iceberg. I am very optimistic.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh wow, are you seriously trying that hard to spout that WFC AND PRIME ISNT CONNECTED STOP THE HASBRO BRAINWASHING that you'll flat out ignore the Dark Energon connection? I mean I get it that you're on a crusade against it and you got some good point but ignoring Dark Energon is pretty ballsy.

What will Hasbro have to do convince you that Exodus is connected to Prime? Have Optimus suddenly say "man remember when war for cybertron happened and bumblebee had a mouth"?

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i never played WFC but i knwo WFC Have Dark energon Involved on the story

18. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

What about the people who said G1 and Animated were connected because of the initial sentinel historical footage at the beginning of animated? You shouldn't rush to conclusions until we see a few Prime episodes, really.

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Nothing of the sort.

I actually have NO problem with PRIME being WFC. After all, I am THIS thread's starter:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...315061-g1-wfc-tf-p-its-whatever-you-want.html
    DUH!

But dark energon, altho equally new for both new titles / franchises, is a pretty thin reason.

Problem is, I am a free-thinking individual who doesn't let some Hasbro rep do my thinking for me- especially in a climate where you have people bash others for their desire for canon and then turn around and jizz themselves over the supposed new canon that is told is happening.

Quite simply, show WFC type footage / events in PRIME as a flashback or something and then show why there are so many changes.

Then I'll be on my own merry way and be happy to recognize WFC as a PRIME prequel.

That's all.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got to agree with bellpeppers on this one, even though there is a common plot point in there, it's not proof positive of a direct connection. Just a shared plot element.

Dark Energon, incidentally, was also suggested to be related to the green corrupted Energon from Transformers Energon, given how that series got into the whole thing about how the Autobots and Decepticons had their own versions of Energon and each was harmful to the other faction.

Wait until we actually see the series, if it is connected to War for Cybertron there will be a connection. But with a second game coming out, it'll probably not be a completely solid connection as room will be left to fit the sequel in.

Oh, and I'm sure we'll see the 13 and Alpha Trion get mentioned at some point even if they don't show themselves.