Since everyone crucifies Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Oct 2, 2011.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Since there is a ridiculous trend of bashing Prime for doing what he had to do to make sure certain cons didn't come back, I guess I'll point out that he is NOT THE ONLY BOT TO KILL brutally

Bumblebee tore the spine out of Ravage

Sideswipe literally cut Sideways in half, after shooting him a few times

Ironhide stabbed Crankcase in the face, and threw him in a store to explode.

So.....In my view, Get over it people. Its not the 80's, which was the only reason they didn't show as graphically then.

The transformers of the movie, are their own continuity, and to compare them so often to the way you ''Expect'' them to be. Adaptations are not direct replicas.

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Let's not forget Bumblebee also ripped off Rampage's arms and blew Soundwave's head into a million pieces.

But back on topic, I completely agree with you. War is brutal, just makes the movies more accurate then the cartoons.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What about the Wreckers ripping the Decepticon lim from lim.

4. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    EXACTLY. You guys are pointing out what I was trying to say.

5. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I've never understood why everyone jumps on Prime, but doesnt with Bumblebee. I have more of a problem with Bumblebee ripping out Ravage's spine then I do with anything Prime has done (yes even face taking). Honestly I expected him to do a pose and hear a announcer say "FATALITY!" Overall I like the fact that they do some pretty violent things because it really shows how a war is, not something where everyone can get shot and live to see the episode next week like the cartoons.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont take much issue with Primes actions.

I just point out hat it differs from how the character was depicted in the 80's.

7. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

You said it yourself back in the 80's

8. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

i have no problem with murderous prime i or any other characters the murder there enemies

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Yet again, another not-so subtle, flamebaiting, 'why can't everyone love the Movieverse', Movieverse Vs G1 esque thread pops out of the woodwork! We can accept The Movieverse, we can acknowledge the Movieverse but it doesn't mean we have to like it! You get over it!

End of thread!

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Exactly. It's not a big deal.

11. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    so i think the next one is the autobots will be the bad guys and desepticons will be good ! Lol! But serrios your guys point here! This is not the 80s fiilm anymore so get overit now!!!!!!!!!

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide being brutal I don't mind. He's always been portrayed as a rough, tough customer. Same goes for Sideswipe.

And just in case you've wondered, I also take serious issue with the way Bumblebee is portrayed. Give me the diminutive, unassuming, earnest and courageous espionage agent over the Movie-verse's immature, gun-festooned mute anyday.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Which is irrelevant to the issue.

There is a difference in how the character was originally depicted and how it was depicted in the Bay films.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ah yes if someone doesn't want the film to be the Mortal Kombat version of Transformers then it just has to be a G1 thing.

I also don't buy this whole business well it's war so Bumblebee has to rip another robot in half or Prime has to rip off faces. Lots of PG war films that don't go with the level of graphic violence shown in Transformers. If they were doing the same things to human characters it would be a rated R film, but robots gets you around that pesky ratings board problem.

Just because some people are fans of graphic violence and are screaming for robot blood that doesn't mean that every fan has to be for how violent can we get.

15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Is it disturbing that I laughed at that scene?

Although it may have had more to do with the Wreckers dialogue than anything else.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They're the Wreckers. That's what they do.

17. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

yeah but most of those were out of self defense, or the defense of humans...so....
    except for the wreckers, theyre just as crazy as prime xp
    and i personaly have no problem with that...its bad ass!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Problem is that the Autobots are "The Good Guys", The Autobots are litterally murdering the hell out of their victim....I mean Decepticons.

I know the Decepticon are bad but man the Decepticons barely lay a scratch on the Autobots.

It bugs me about Optimus Prime a noble leader who once said Freedom is the Right of all Sentinet Beings.....became GIMME YOUR FACE TO WE WILL KILL THEM.

I don't mind the Autobot killing the Decepticon but show Decepticon actually doing more damage to the Autobots. I mean whose the real badguys here?

19. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Well, those 'Cons aren't gonna die of a few shots in the chest are they? They are giant alien robots, not humans. People tend to think of Prime as a brutal killer because he killed Megatron the way he did. Well what was he supposed to do? Have a tea party with him and ask him to die? Decepticons don't die as easily as humans do. You need to either shoot their balls, attack them with missiles, cut off their head, rip off their face, cut them in half, or rip out their spine. It's not super violent, it's the way giant alien robots have to be killed.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Blackout and whatever the tank is called from the first movie were both shot to death. Heck Blackout was killed by human weapons so are you telling me that Prime has a less powerful gun than the humans and Bumblebee?