Simpsons: The Game...Reviews/Opinions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by transmetropolitan, Oct 30, 2007.

1. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I would like to hear some feedback for this. Good/Bad? One system version better than the other?

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I tried the demo on XB360. Seemed pretty fun. Good little jokes here and there. I'm picking it up today along with Naruto: Way of the Ninja for Xb360.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

The PS3 demo played well, lots of fun.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I played the demo on the 360.
    It seemed like a lot of fun and had higher production values than a lot of other licensed games.

However, it has come out at the wrong time of the year.
    There is just too much ahead of this one that I still won't have time to play -let alone the money to buy.

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Got it. god it is pretty fun. Other times it can be frustrating. Overall it is great at mocking game cliches and such. In one level where Bart and Lisa take on a logging company there is a part where Bartman zip lines over and pulls a lever to make it so lisa can come over the river.. But it makes it like frogger! Complete with giant gators and turtles. I busted a gut laughing at that. Then quickly got pissed be cause I kept over jumping and drowning.. repeatedly. Still fun and a great sense of humor in this game..

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Simpson games have turned around big time since the days of Simpsons Wrestling and the NES Bart vs games. Simpsons Hit & Run was a great game, I'm hoping this game turns out more like that.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Bart vs the Space Mutants was fucking awesome on the NES. Hard as hell too.

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Just played a great self mocking level..

Aliens have invaded Springfield and Bart and Lisa go to Frink, but he's portaled into a video game world. In it the mock: Madden, Ryu from SFII, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, and Donkey Kong. Also saw a poster for Metal Gear Soiled 4.. Snake had crapped himself. :lolol 

In one of the cut scenes one of the aliens asks if they are going to anal probe Cleetus as they abduct him. The other says of course. As the alien is being beamed up he puts a rubber glove on his tenticle. :lol 

I just ran into another extremely hard video game mocking where you fight the aliens ala Space Invaders. Had as hell. Got a 0gp achievment for dying 10 times and still not beating that level. :lol 

The cliches are hilarious. This game is making my sides hurt from laughing.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The demo was fun, good look for the graphics too. Like someone else mentioned though, too many other games out for me to pick it up. Maybe when the price drops.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Press start to play.

That is honestly the best achievement EVER.

11. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Played the demo. Everything seems great, except it's difficult to control the camera while dealing with massive amounts of those damned mini Krusties.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well, Ive had the game since friday and I have to say that this is probably the best simpsons console game Ive played. My second favorite(1st being the original arcade game).

13. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, I just find this game a bit overrated. It has a terribly annoying camera, that just doesn't work when you need it the most. As a fan wank game, it's a lot of fun. The game engine level is purely lulz, especially seeing Donkey Kong, Ken, Ryu, Sonic, Mario, and Tecmo Bowl football characters. Though as a game experience, to me, it just isn't that great. It lacks a finely tuned game play experience that i've come to expect from my gaming. If this was a Dreamcast-era title I might be willing to forgive the camera (Sonic Adventure 1+2 i'm looking at you). However, with this being EA, I can tell they obviously didn't put their best effort to polish the games camera. Heck even the game developers seemed to be a bit tiffed ( there's an Easter Egg where it shows game developers chained by their ankles to the floor, and wasting away until they died leaving behind actual skeletons! D= ). If you're looking for a fun game as a Simpsons fan, it's great. The pop culture, and self-referential human is good fun. It's just I don't play a video game just to be amused by it's humor. Portal was so fun, because of it's amazing humor and really tight game play. I also have some quirks with the 3D models, and the animation in the game. It just really bugs me that certain characters don't bend there knees...I mean they do have knees...right O_O; Also if you really look at the core of the game, it is in essence a bunch of mini-games/game designs interweaved into a plot. I am sure that fact can be kind of off putting for a lot of people that expect 1 single game play experience. The games combat engine is also very simple and repetitive, in the same fashion as old school side scrolling arcade games. Obviously, this isn't going to win any kind of awards despite fans of the Simpsons will eat it up. If you expect a lot going into the game you'll obviously be disappointed. Though, if you go into it with the same expectations of watching an episode of the show then it'll be just fine.

7/10-Worth a rent, if you're a big fan than to you it's probably worth a buy.
    -Doubt it has much replay value, but at least it's much better than the Futurama and Family Guy games.

14. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    im excited im renting it friday whoop whoop