Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman about the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ra88, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

Link to the entire interview: http://fractalmatter.com/main/?p=201

Thanks to Omega Wrath of the Don Murphy boards (who are all up in arms about what he said on the altmodes and voice actors:rolleyes2  ).

The thing about the robot modes has me worried though, it might mean that what we heard about Gorilla Starscream could be real.:banghead: 

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cool find!

"You’re such a writer." lol

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Cristopher Walken as Megatron? "Prime. You're Autobots need more cowbell!" :lol 

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All this time people were bitching about making sure Prime wasn't a Icecream Truck...Well we're going to get a Mack Truck, but his robot mode is going to resemble that of Number 5 from Short Circuit. Talk about focusing on the wrong element, lol

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

yeah super advanced alien robots most likely would not have crappy robot modes that look like they were designed by naive humans who don't know what or how to put a real robot together. They would have robot modes that looked very sophisticated. Plus, if they use gorilla starscream as a promo pic, even non TF fans are going to be like, " that is one ugly robot".

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, I agree. I dont have a problem with the Alternator look at all. In fact I would welcome it. Monster Gorrila mode....I will watch the movie... I know I will, and I'd be stupid to deny it, but I would only watch it once, and probably not buy it if it was monster-robot modes.

7. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

The comics got it right, the movie is going to be horrible!

"think its going to be looked at as something else altogether. The characters look different and the storyline is very different. It’s very much its own thing. The movie is going to be different with a capital D."

Bumblebee a Camaro?
    What sounds like a plot that follows humans?
    I'll stop there but please, I want to follw the characters around that are interesting, The Transformers! I hate the idea that they cannot carry a movie on their own. I want to start with them waking up on Earth. looking like they do in the cartoon, with small changes for realism, and I want to follow them around!

Also both the voices of Optimus and Megatron have been BOTH working in various cartoons since the 80's. Check out their careers on IMDB.com

"Simon: I don’t think anything has been confirmed about voice actors. I think they are still looking at some of the original guys. I don’t think George Clooney would do a bad job."

if that doesnt smell like them trying to curry some favor with the studio and director of this movie I dont know whatdoes. Oh an d I like G

8. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

G..."george Clooney, but if Optimus looks different anad sounds differnt than, well he is different.

This is gettting more and more frustrating.
    For the record they could make the Robots look something like the cartoons, the Alternators have done a great job, but with CG you can have subtle mass canges in a quick transformation that no one would ever see but would make them look great in bo
    both modes.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is getting interesting... and not neccessarily in a good way. Still, I'm trying not to pass too much judgement on all of this until the movie is released. I'll bitch about it later. To be honest, I don't really have the kind of time to waste in my life to get all worked up over all of this. It may be the big screen TF movie I've always wanted, but that's just it... it won't be and I really am not going to worry about it.

Good or bad I'm going to see the movie. Time will tell (wether I or other fans actually like it, because -in truth- we don't matter compared to the masses) if this thing was a success. And if it is, it's going to be interesting to see how many anti-movie guys jumpe on the band wagon... BWs comes to mind to be honest... and I'm one of them.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Kudos to Simon for the very end. If people are going to go to this expecting to see G1, they are going to be VERY disappointed. I'm not saying I'm going to love it, unfortunately I'm highly expecting my inner fanboy to take over and be let down by everything, but I just hope its entertaining first and foremost.

11. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Y'know what's funny... I literally heard Walken saying that as I read

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Gorilla Starscream would make me give up all hope for this movie.
    The original Cartoon had many redeeming aspects.
    Original Optimus Voice> George clooney
    Anyone> Chrisopher Walken

13. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

People have laid those exact same claims to his work on Infiltration. I'm still more interested in seeing this movie that I am in reading Infiltration #5.

However, if they pull something this side of "Mario Bros the Movie" out of their collective asses, I just won't support the the DVD release. If the robot modes suck, I'll do exactly what I'm doing now: not buying any of the modern toys. But, it's certainly not the life or death situation that some Transfans seem to make out of every new bit of movie news. Just more $$ to spend on video games next year if they blow the movie. :lol 

14. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Much like with the release of Halo3, I will reserve all judgement until I see it with mine own eyes.
    I refuse to buy into hype, nor will I expect the worst.

15. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I wanted to keep my mouth shut about this, but I can't!
    G1 first 2 seasons were a HUGE mile stone in the Tf history. I think that it is the movie that came and ruined everything. Killing all the beloved characters in the first 20 minutes... Wheeli.... Do I need to say more ?!? :sly: 
    Frankly I really hated Furman's stories in the comics.

And for the up coming movie - y'all know my thoughts about it.

16. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Hmmm... Starbuck becoming a woman anyone? Boomer going from a black male human to an Asian female Cylon anyone?

FTR, the new BSG is my favorite show, bar none. That doesn't necessarily mean that changing the dynamics of the establishing factors is necessarily right; it just means that the show is great because of the writingn directing and pacing and not just because everything was turned on its heels.

Question for everyone: does anyone think that this film will become the new canon?

SB

17. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

if it does well, yes.

18. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Impossible to predict at this point, but would anyone care to speculate that if the changes go too far, will it mark the end of the franchise or a new beginning? After all, even those who embrace change have their limits.

Chris

19. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I'll give it a chance. All I ask is to not be murdered in my sleep if I dislike it.

Chris

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    If it comes close to the style of BSG, I'll be very happy. But if it's more like Godzilla, I'll be entertained but disappointed as well...And then wait for the unevitable remake in a year or 10.:D 

And something to remember: Remember when Don Murphy talked about Furman's involvement? How many months was that ago, 18? For all we know, he could have seen concepts that are now thrown in the trash. Just saying.:wink: