Similarities between Jack and Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Meggamus, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Can u think of any ways u think jack shows similar traits to optimus like ratchet pointed out

I was thinkin that wen jack wanted nothing to do with the bots in the beginning of the season, it was like (in wfc game) when optimus rejects his calling to be a prime.
    Both didn't want to accept the resposability but have now matured

Has any one else noticed any similarities between prime and jack in season 1 ?

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

There are nearly no similarities between Optimus and Jack.

There are, however, many similarities between Jack and Orion Pax, which is what Ratchet actually said. Both want to make a difference and look out for their fellow man (or bot), yet would much rather do so in a non-violent way. They were not looking to be in the spotlight, but fate brought them there anyway.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    ^^^^^ That about says it...

Think it's been discussed in the individual episode threads..not much more to add to those really.

4. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Ratchet says "when optimus wasn't a prime" meaning that optimus was still optimus but jst wasn't a prime yet , ratchet said nothing bout Orion pax at this point

5. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    have you seen episode 26?

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't see any obvious or significant similarities either.

He could be more like Raf than Jack for all I know.

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When "Optimus wasn't a Prime", he was Orion Pax. He was only referred to as Optimus when the Council named him the new Prime.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are probably similarities between them in terms of idealism, ethical values, grasp of their responsibilities and strength of will to carry them out.

Also, Jack and Optimus may share qualities of a leader. This is especially evident during Speed Metal were he convinced the autobots to save Vince. Both also seem to share some sort of quiet awkwardness at times, imo.

Maybe, Jack is earth's Optimus Prime/Orion Pax. Born from sibling planets/ planetary entities, Unicron and Primus.

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I made a previous thread about. I pointed that Jack could become the human version of OP, and Silas of Megatron, given their respectives ethos.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I believe this is what TvTropes referes to as a 'Jedi Truth'. What Ratchet said was entirely true, from a certain point of view.

11. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

I dont see it

12. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

It's been quite obvious to me ever since Darkness Rising, when Jack said: "I was brought up to be responsible" - Bingo! That was all the "confirmation" I needed, since Optimus usually always carried a hint of self doubt, yet has always been determined to do "The Right Thing" (i.e. being responsible) which Jack shows all that much more obviously (self doubt and desire/need to do the correct thing), even if Jack still needed some maturing (Speed Metal - I actually considered Jack's actions in that episode to be out of character, considering his line about responsibility in Darkness Rising).