3D Artwork: Silverstreak Moive-ish style Blender 3D

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TFchronos, Oct 15, 2010.

?

What do you think?

1. He's epic

27.1%
  2. Looks great

47.1%
  3. Only like him because he's in 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Needs work

17.1%
  5. Love the car

5.7%
  6. Hate the car

2.9%
  1. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

Silverstreak Blender 3D

This is Silverstreak my second 3D transformer some of you might remember Chronos from the contest last year, that was my first attempt. Silverstreak here is my second transformer.

Silverstreak's vehicle is my vision of what should be the new Firebird Formula. I actually started modeling the car Dec. 11th of last year and got it finished on the 15th. The reason why I choose the Formula over the Trans Am is because back in the day my dad owned a 77 Formula and I thought it would be a great tribute to that car. Total completion time of the car was 32 hours, 4 eight hour days. I rendered a few images in varies colors silver stood out the most for me so I left it like that and thought it was pretty good and might make a neat Transformer. Well 140 hours, 14 ten hour days later he was finished but had no name. A few days later it hit me, the car was silver why not name him Silverstreak. If Bumblebee can be a Camaro and Optimus can have flames, Silverstreak can be a car that will likely never exist. :) 

Anyway, alot of work has been put into him and this project; I hope you guys enjoy it; I know I sure have enjoyed making him.

He's currently up on Youtube, I put him up in May of this year, I've been trying to post him on tfw but every time I hit submit new thread it says it can't post it.

All photos were done with Blenders ray-tracing. I was only able to make three videos. 2 of them were not ray-traced (For fear of frying my computer that’s why they look different from the transformation video). The transformation video however is, 820 frames took my computer about 2 weeks to render. I almost lost it trying to render this so I can't do it again with ray-trac, it's the only computer I have and I really need it. Everything was rendered in 720p HD

This transformation video is tuned down quite a bit from Chronos, I really tried to keep as few a mindless moving pieces as possible.

Opinions and criticism are welcome on both car and former.

Project details
    Vertices: 149226
    Bones: 244
    Materials: 64
    Memory size: 132.34

Here’s the Youtube video, you should be able to watch in HD on full screen.

YouTube - Blender 3d Transformers 2 Silverstreak Firebird 2.49b

More to come, thanks for viewing. :) 

Update: New photos on Page 2 :) 

Update 2: New video on page 4.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I gotta say... I love the the character, and funny thing about the car selection: I'm a huge Firebird fan, and I always pictured Runabout and Runamuck as Firebirds. In fact, in my fan fic I described the two taking on a 'New' Firebird Alt Modes based on the Kevin Morgan firebird concept (click on the name to see a pic) that your car mode resembles. I love the simularities in our ideas... great work.

3. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AWESOME job. And kudos for doing him in Blender - I hear that's a VERY difficult program.

4. TFchronos

Thanks :)  Blender is not really that difficult to use, it's actually very easy once you know where everything is. :) 

5. TFchronos

Well two great minds do think a like :D 

I've seen that car many times it's even on Youtube. I think his version is a really awsome design. I'm really happy his was made into a real car. I just wish I could do the same and bring mine to reality too :( 

And then we could take them both up to Detriot and show those boneheads at GM how it's done. :ev:  muha ha haaa

Oh well... if you're gonna dream you might as well dream big.

Thanks again :) 

6. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Excellent work! Looks good and, if not quite in the movie aesthetic, is a nicer variation on it. Really impressed by the transformation video.

One thing: he looks a bit bulky. How's he for movement? It looks from here that you might get quite a bit of parts clash during some more extreme posing but the movement on the video makes me think you've taken that into account.

Great stuff!

7. TFchronos

Ha ha, yeah he's a little bulky kinda like wfc Optimus. He accually does tight poses quite well though. I've added a few extra armatures (bones) since then so I can move some of the car panels alitte to keep them from clashing to much. I was working on a new tranformation/small fight scene video but I hit 3 wrong keys in the right order to mess everything up so I have to start from scratch again. So it will not be seen for a while.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Very cool. I'd tweak the head just a titch. The scar looks odd. The animations were awesome. Love his arm things and the transformation was just killer.

9. TFchronos

I've since modfied the head, the scar looking the way it did was just a rendering error which has also been fixed.

10. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

That is some sick animation skills you have there man! The design is very very nice aswell, although the face doesn't seem movie-esque for some reason. The alt mode is wonderful, and it works great! Keep this kinda stuff up man. Also +1 for Blender!

11. Littlesprimes

Littlesprimes Well-Known Member

THIS is EPIC!! Michael Bay should of had hired you for the 3rd movie.

12. TFchronos

Thank you :)  Yeah the face isn't that movie-ish I tried to combine a little G1 with it. The only reason I'd ever stop is if my computer blew, lol.

:)  Thanks, he should have hired a bunch of us on tfw2005 to do the movies from the beginning, we would have done it right! :D 

13. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

There's a lot of imagination at work here, and you've obviously worked very hard to create this. Excellent job; you should be proud!

Also gotta say it's nice to see a Pontiac get the Transformer treatment!

14. TFchronos

Thank you, I wasn't about to let Pontiac be forgotten :) 

Firebirds forever!!! :D 

15. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I wish I knew how to use Blender like that. And still have Blender. Love what you've done, and nice use of the score in the video (frikkin' LOVE that track). For some reason the wiggling fingers spark the most jealousy in me. Smeg knows why.

16. TFchronos

Thank you, I was trying to do tutorials but I couldn't get any of the freeware recorders to work correctly (I blam it all on Vista) I'm still trying though.

Yeah, Arrival to Earth is my 3rd favorite track from the score and I knew it would make for a great video. Thanks again :) 

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It looks really good. The only reason why I selected 'needs work' is because the texturing isn't too realistic, and the robot mode isn't complicated looking enough for Bayformers. Other then that I'm diggin' it.

18. TFchronos

Thanks, It's the best I can do for now, I am very limited to what I can do; my computer is 6 years old and losing power very fast. It's the family computer and we can't afford another one so I'm trying to make it last as long as I can. Just an idea of how much it's lost because of making Silverstreak. It takes almost 8 hours to render a single image now. The reason the textures don't look to real is because they are basic (for my computers sake) and there is nothing in the background to reflect off of, just a grey plane and white world. Another reason why he looks the way he does is I tried to combine some G1 in with it along with my own idea's to kinda make my own version of a transformer that's why I say movie-"ish". It's used in the context of he has lots of moving pieces, more than in past transformers and he is made from what was a real car manufacturer and a car that was real at one time I just made it my own. :) 

I fully agree with you he needs more work, I just can't do much with him at the moment.

Thanks again

19. TFchronos

New Picture's Happy Year Year

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! :)  I know I've been gone awhile, been trying to get a job and fixing my computer, computer's doing better but no luck on a job. :( 

So I haven't had much time to work on Silverstreak lately. But I have done a little work to him, and promise more video's this year. I think my computer is up to it, I hope.

The changes I've made to him aren't heavy but I think make him look better. I've changed the face a little, and modeled tires with tread (I choose to model them rather than texture them because they are highly visible objects and thought that textured tires would look a little too cheesy the sidewalls however are textured.) I've also made several slight changes through out the entire body. There are no new videos at the moment because of the reasons above and I am working on a new and more effective rig setup for him, the one he had for the transformation and other animations was very basic and very hard to do anything decent with so I'm working on a new rigging setup hopefully for future more intense animations, I hope.

You will notice that he is also sporting a weapon which is the Buster Sword from FF7 Crisis Core and Advent Children. Funny story with this is I won a PSP by accident on eBay 4 months ago. I put in a bid for $24.00 triple checked my bid then committed to it, next page said $240.00 (yes I almost had a heart attack when I saw that) Ended up winning it (like I was gonning to lose) for $71.00, bought FF7: CC for $7.00 it to make sure the UMD drive worked, played the game and liked it more than I thought.

Anyway back to the reason of the sword, while playing the game I realized that Silverstreak is much like the main character Zack (not my intentions I don't try to copy other people) they both believe in honor and doing the right thing no matter the cost so I thought the sword would go nicely with Silverstreak.

Here are the pictures, as always everything is modeled by me it's not much but it is something, more to come. :) 

Happy New Year to all of TFW2005

Attached Files:

20. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Not bad. I'm learning Blender right now, and my only reaction to the program is "F*** it, i'm going back to Sketchup..." :lol 

Anyways, i like the design a lot, but it's the fact you did it in Blender that makes me think: "Damn, that program actually has uses...".