Silver Surfer / Annihlation

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SubotaiBaghatur, May 4, 2006.

1. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Picked up the first two issues of Silver Surfer Annihlation today, have to say I am enjoying it more than Civil War (even though its very early in both series). For the first time in over a decade, I am reading a silver surfer story that is actually good, where he doesnt seem outmatched at every turn despite the awesome powers he posseses. I am excited to see where this story is going, with the cast involved in this series, the throwdown should be epic.

I think people are overlooking some great books here, this is the best "space" stuff from marvel I have read, and it is picking up steam at a pretty good pace. It is refreshing to see so many forgotten characters given roles where their strengths are on full display, no matter how many times they may have gotten there butts kicked in other books. Kudo's to marvel and Keith Giffen for crafting and running this story alongside Civil War without dragging it down with the earthbound marvel universe.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

all of Annihalation has been really good so far. Grab the Nova and Ronin issues too if you have the spare cash.

3. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I really liked Nova, didnt much care for Skrull because of the terrible art and the awful sidekick he picked up. I didnt get Ronin, I'll have to pick it up next week, missed it somehow.

I am pleasantly surprised with the Art on Nova and Surfer. Maybe not the best, but pretty good considered how many titles marvel is running right now.