Customs: Silver Sharpies - Cool or the Coolest!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I had my first experience with them today and they rock - I was just going to make Universe Ironhide's face silver but I ended up doing the spokes on his wheels, behind his head, under his headlights, then under Sunstreaker's headlights, Sunstreaker's weapon, and his turbo charger.

Then I moved on to Prowl's missiles and tail pipes, then Sideswipe's weapon and and then Silverstreak's torso and tail pipes.

I can't believe how smooth the silver goes on and how close it looks to factory paint!!!

Tiny question though - how do you get it off of spots you didn't mean to get it on? I slipped when doing one of Ironhide's tires...

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Depending on the part(s), you can use rubbing alcohol to remove the paint. If they're the same pens I use, I've done this before. The reason it goes on like paint is that the formula is essentially the same (but I'm no chemist).

We need photos of your work too! I'm glad to see you customizing, man :thumb 

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I let a family member borrow my camera, but as soon as I get it back there will be pics!

4. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I have removed sharpies and other metallic markers succesfully rubbing with my nail, with the tip of an X-Acto knife (very carefully so the plastic won't be scratched) and with a very fine grit sand paper. Just wait till the ink dries completely.

(Waiting for pics).

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm loyal to white spirit, removes most stuff while leaving the factory paint in it's original state.

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dude, I gotta say, I just picked up a couple of these silver "metallic" Sharpie markers and they DO work great on this. I've been working on my Ironhide since last night (on and off), carefully doing the rims, bumpers, gun, crotch, upper legs, and I've covered the headlights and tail lights (since I didn't care to see the pegs and red underneath it).

I recommend these for anyone wanting to touch up some metallic areas (it's not quite "chrome", but it's certainly as good, if not better than silver acrylic paint).