Customs: Silver Sharpie?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Primevil, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I want to put some silver on Classics Starscream's face. However, I do not have any paints or brushes with me at school, and would rather not buy any right now. So I thought about a silver Sharpie.

My question is, will that work? I know someone said they touched up the chrome on RiD Prime's chest with a red Sharpie, so I thought maybe a silver one could work for Starscream's face. Obviously, I'd need one with a broader tip.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I use metallic silver Sharpies all the time, but keep in mind they do bruise the plastic if you want to remove the paint later...

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you could use a metallic marker to do his face, but if you do, get a fine tipped one. otherwise you'll have a pain of a time getting the edges of the face without painting the helmet or the eyes.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Wow, I didn't expect to get replies so soon.

Razerwire, what exactly do you mean by "bruise" the plastic? Not that I'm too worried about removing any paint as I don't have too many further plans for Screamer.

Now that you mention it Redline, it does make more sense to get a fine point marker. At first I was thinking more about smooth coverage than screwing up the eyes and helmet.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hehe no problem. you know, you could get one of those small testors jars of metallic silver paint and a tiny brush for about the same amount of money as a paint marker... but then you could have not only smooth strokes, but fine strokes AND a much higher quality paint on his face as well. that's what I used when I painted my Classics SS's face, and man does he look better.