Silly Things You've Said or Done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I talk to my cats ever since day.

Hell.....I'm talking to Mister Molly right now about the Zombie Apocalypse as I type.......

2. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    I walked into glass doors. Twice. On the same day.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    regarding a twin sister and brother: " are they identical?"

Other person replied: "theres no such thing as identical twin brothers and sisters"

4. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

I almost ran myself over with my own car once.

It was this old automatic-transmission Dodge with a sloppy-worn floor shifter that didn't interlock, or have a gate or anything. It was just a stick poking up from the floor. It also had a neutral start switch that kept cutting out. Well, one day I got in to go to work, when it was parked on the apparently rather level street in front of my house, and the thing wouldn't start.

"&*$% this" I told it, and opened the hood, went to hotwire it. I was standing in front of it, then moved to the side. I got it started, and then it drove off on its own! I'd left it in gear, it seems. :) 

I caught it after a little run.

Another time, I was fixing up a different jalopy, a Chevrolet. I was working on the fuel system, and came up short of hose clamps. So I stole one from the trans-cooler line, just to be safe. Because, I figured, while I would certainly get another clamp before road testing, making sure there was one there eliminated any chance that I'd forget,and have a gas leak, resulting in an underhood fire. I was so very careful.

Well, you can guess what happened. Automatic transmission fluid burns quite well if it's spraying directly on an exhaust manifold. Everybody on that country road was so friendly, beeping and waving. I was beeping and waving back...oh, hey, I'm leaving a smoke trail...and it's coming out under the hood, too.

Since then, I always carry a fire extinguisher. :) 

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bad.

To start over though, this reminds me of the time I ended up dropping a dryer onto the bumper of my car & creating a gouge that cost me like 30 bucks & a LOT of dickin' around to fix. I figured I'd have no problem removing it from my hatch safely because it was light enough for me to pick up, but I didn't account for it getting stuck on tarps & shit when it was half way out & having my hand slip because of all the grease or whatever. On the flip side though, that was a day when I had a bunch of toys in the mail, so it wasn't all bad.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I don't knoowww... I'll think of one though.

I do that on purpose a lot.

7. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

1. I once ran into a pillar while playing my DSi in an art store.

2. There was a time when I was driving my off-road dune buggy on the field next to our house the day after my dad put dirt mounds out there. Back then, they were huge. And, well, I kinda gunned it and went too fast, making the front of my dune buggy point straight up in the sky when I jumped off the mound. It slammed down on it's back tires and the front landed right side up a few seconds later.

Then the dirt it kicked up and threw into the air landed right on me.....

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so mine counts then right? because my son sure as hell embarassed me.

9. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Oh Primus another friend of mine did that XD

Hmmmm... Oh this was good.

So a friend of mine and I were walking around after eating a couple rounds of all you can eat sushi. We walk around the block and parked in front of the bar was this gorgeous Cherry Red Ferrari Italia 458. Didn't notice it at first but when I was looking at my friend I saw the car, and downright squealed in that parking lot going:"OH PRIMUS IT'S MIRAGE!". Started taking pictures and my friend just started laughing.

...yeah

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I talk to my bass, guitar, and phone quite often...

Like, when the bass bumps the wall. "What do you need?"

Guitar sounds off. "What's your fickle, Bickle?"

Phone pings. "Goddammit, Ramona! Startled me." I named my phone too.

11. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Seriously, can I be your room mate Dran0n? :lol 

And talking to your phone is normal. That is if there is someone on the other line.

12. Chaplain

Chaplain Well-Known Member

Silly things I have done? Watched the entirety of Energon.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    LIKE I HAVE FRIENDS TO CALL.

I just name my phone Ramona, call it a her, and talk to it. Ramona is a pretty cool cat.

14. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I talk when I'm alone a lot and sometimes I say some silly words. But I try not to say them when I'm around other people.

One time I said "intermanet" in front of Kyle. His reaction was pretty much, "...Did you just say intermanet?". I just laughed and said, "yep, sometimes I just like to say things silly" then proceeded to tell him how I said, "intermanets! Do you speak it?!" to my 360 when I thought it had a web browser.

I also walked into the closet when I was on the phone with him tonight. :lol  The TV is always really loud so I go in there when I'm on the phone.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I assume things...it makes an ass out of you and me.

Trust me my friend says that to me a lot.....I am teh dumb.

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

dude, what is wrong with you? she wanted to have your baby!

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    When my sister annoys me in shops I will ask her loudly, "So, did your bout of thrush ever clear up?'. That usually stops her. Her embarressment rather than mine counts, yes? :) 

I walk into stuff a lot. Last week I got off the bus and walked right into the bus stop post. In front of about fifteen people waiting to get on the bus. I also fell asleep on a bus and when the bus braked suddenly I fell off my seat and onto the woman sat opposite me.

So many times I've been walking along in a general daze and tried walking up the down escalator. Actually, that really hurts to fall on your face on an escalator.

And this morning I was closing a door in my house as I was going through it and for some reason forgot to let go of the handle as I went through so I actually closed the door on my own arm. The other version of this is pulling a door open to go through and the door hitting my foot and stopping it as I'm walking forwards and I walk right into the edge of the door.

The corner posts of my bed are at genital height. Guess what regularly happens when I'm hurriedly moving sideways through the gap between a bedpost and my desk. It's entirely possible the posts on this bed have removed all ability for me to ever be able to produce children.