"Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" - Silent Hill 2 Movie...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Keroshino, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    ...Holy shit. That's a great idea, I would've totally been on board for that movie.

Honestly, I can't see myself getting excited about this. I feel that the first movie wasn't very good, and I can't see a direct sequel doing any better.

Casting for Heather was nice, though.

2. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    What threw me for a loop in the first movie was: Sean Bean looked a lot like Harry from the first game, while Rose, looked like they were trying to make her Heather from the third. Perhaps they didn't think it would of been popular and didn't think a sequel would of came down the road. I will say this, as I always say about the first one, that first "child" shriek, scared the hell outta me in theater.

Oh, I did manage to find SH3 used for $20, with the soundtrack!

3. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I can't wait to see it

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I am EXCITE, as 3 is my favorite. I didn't play SM, and actually ended up playing 2 after I played 3, so maybe that's why I love 3 so much more.

That second picture, though, that IS Heather. I can't wait to see how they do some of the elements from the game.

And if they have the hospital mirror room, I will love them forever.

EDIT: Also, "alternate"
    dog
    ending.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that they explained that Rose was cast in the Harry role, because they felt that a mother would go through more (including Silent Hill type shit) for a daughter, than a dad would. Can't say that I agree (especially with the daddy's little girl thing), but I could see why they would make that decision.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dunno how it would play in a movie, but in the game, it was single-handedly one of the scariest moments in gaming... and the crazy thing is that it served no purpose other than to scare you...which it did.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Not to mention, his wife died and it was just those two. Either way, the thing that I didn't like most about the movie was the whole "Witch" thing. It may have been a while since I played the first game, but I don't recall it having anything to do with claiming she was a witch.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they gave more of a presence to the people who used to live in the town. She knew that Rose wasn't a witch. She was using that to sway the gullible people from the town. I'm really curious how they are going to tie Heather into this movie.

9. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    that it may be...but it doesn't hold a candle to...the Borely Haunted Mansion

i would love it if this happened in the movie :D 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember the hanging guy scared the crap outta me in that scene. (Not the one in the window. The one that drops down on you).

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I played Silent Hill 3, but for some reason I barely remember it at all. :( 

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I meant more of the fact that they considered Sharron a witch in the movie, and they revolved the whole reason the town went to shit around the Witch thing of Sharron. Maybe I just am missing how it probably wasn't meant to really revolve around the first game. But, it all makes some sense...Sharron=Sheryl(or Cheryl) from game 1, Rose takes on the "Harry" role, Cybil, Dahlia, all the fun street names...

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we're not going to get the big guy puking in the bowling alley, :( . Much like a new Transformers movie, I am curious about what abominations they will introduce with this movie. I wonder if they're bringing Pyramid back, and if they will bring in those guys with the huge arms. I wouldn't mind the two-headed babies from part 4.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  14. Keroshino

News Credits:

No!...This Guy!!!
    [​IMG]

Valtiel 4 Silent Hill: Revelation 3D please!!!

oh!...and also Robbie the Rabbit
    [​IMG]
    Edit: it's been confirmed on Michael J Bassett's blog that Robbie will have a cameo in the movie...in an amusement park of course! :D 
    http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/update-15th-march/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OOooohhh yeah, I remember Mr. Turn Valve and Torture women. That's right at the beginning of the intro movie, almost like he's playing the phonograph. Phocking freaky ass game, lol. I love it.

Remember when they were working on this one... no it was part 2, all of their computers shut down. They felt they were taking a scene too far.

16. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Actaully, now the first movie makes even less sense with Heather in this one.

17. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Nice videos. I couldn't get into Silent Hill 3, so the only one I've really played is SH4, which I'll never finish because I just can not handle playing games that scary. I have no problem watching somebody else play them, I just can't do it myself.

That being said, would some of you be kind enough to recommend some more great scary moments from the series that I should look up on Youtube?

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the first movie for sticking to the game in a lot of ways, even though they switched the gender of the protagonist. Most of all though was that I was EXTREMELY happy they used music from the game soudtracks. It set the mood perfectly and anything else wouldn't have sat well with me.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, they can still mix her in. I'm interested in what they are going to do with her.

Love those videos, Kero. I loved the first movie, but I did think it was a bit tamed compared to the game, lol. That first video shows why.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  20. Keroshino

News Credits: