"Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" - Silent Hill 2 Movie...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Keroshino, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    ...but it's going to be based on the game Silent Hill 3
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1153959p1.html
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1155773p1.html
    sequel to the 2006 movie "Silent Hill" based on the Video Game series of the same name.
    Filming began in Toronto, Canada on March 7, 2011
    it's being Directed by Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane, Deathwatch)

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will feature actress "Adelaide Clemens" in the role of as Heather Mason.
    a teenager who, along with her father,(Harry :D ) has been evading for years forces of a evil that she doesn't fully recognize
    and on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by nightmares and her father's disappearance,
    discovers that her presumed identity is false and her life's origins.
    As a result, she finds herself drawn to the town of Silent Hill.

it's also been confirmed that "Radha Mitchell", "Sean Bean", and Deborah Kara Unger
    will reprise their roles as Rose Da Silva, Christopher Da Silva and Dahlia Gillespie, from the 2006 film respectively.

-only 2 pics so far-
    [​IMG]
    Adelaide Clemens as Heather Mason
    [​IMG]
    Heather meets Rose (Radha Mitchell)

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excited as fuck. Don't care whether I see it in 2D or 3D (unless it's shot in 3D), but Silent Hill 3 is still my favorite, and I love that the actors from the first one are coming back.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Color me interested... Unfortunately, I never played 3 or later. I got through 2 and kinda forgot to keep up with the series.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can still find a copy, part 3 is interesting because it's a sequel to the first one. In other words, Silent Hill 2 is kinda a side story, while SH3 shares a strong relationship with SH1. And fuck me if the graphics on that game still impress. Those facial textures look better than some shit I've seen this generation. People were creaming about Half-Life 2's facial expressions, but this game was the "silent" superior in the photo-realistic facial expression.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I loved part 3.

Told just enough of the story to allow you to miss part one.

And the soundtrack was excellent.

Been waiting patiently for a new movie:D 

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Cool. I'm not too familar with the games, but I really enjoyed the first film a lot.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 3 copies of the soundtrack. I don't know why, but I do.

That said, I wonder who's composing for this one.

Also, the first movie has some of the best ending credits in a movie.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I thought this was scrapped or delayed indefinitely. Really looking forward to it. Part 3 took away some of the exploration but was a great followup to part 1, had an amazing soundtrack, and did indeed have impressive visuals for the time. I hope this new movie uses the game music like the first one did.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Now, that definately has me motivated here. I always wanted a direct sequel to the first one. But, I won't lie, 2 scared the shit out of me.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a sequel but you don't figure it out until later. Just a little warning so you don't say, "F@#$ing Prowl lied to me."

You know, it's one of the lesser-appreciated Silent Hill, but Shattered Memories scared me so much that I stopped playing. One thing is to have these things chase you, but you have a gun in your hands. Another thing is to be completely powerless, and the only thing you can do is run and hide. Still 100% the best implementation of Wii controls. Also, the music to Shattered Memories is TOP NOTCH, just as good as the previous games.

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ya know, I am gonna say that as soon as I start playing...

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heheh. Also Shattered Memories has a rendition of the song "Always on my mind" with a Silent Hilly twist.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the most exciting thing I've heard all week! I thought this movie was in development hell, never to escape. Great to see they're adapting the 3rd game, and also great to see that some of the original cast is returning. I like the movie's version of Dahlia better than all of her in-game appearances. She was tragic and almost sympathetic in the movies. I LOVE that Harry Mason is making his big-screen debut with this movie. I always felt the reasoning for recasting the lead of the 1st movie as a woman was lame. The director said, after playing the 1st game for a while, that Harry was acting like a woman, because he was so concerned about his missing child. For real. Because fathers just don't care about their kids like mothers do. That little quibble aside, I still liked Rose and thought the movie was great. The director should've just said that he wanted all the women in their own half of the story and all the men in their own half, because that's how it all broke down anyway.

BUT ANYWAY!! YES!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

And is the Shattered Memories game on the PS2 any good? I was really sketchy about that game, especially after the string of so-so SH games that came out after part 3 (part 3 being the last truly great one in my opinion). That, and I know about the twist in the ending, and didn't really like the idea.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes sense that they would base it on SH3, though I do want there to eventually be one based on 2 if they can pull it off. Looking forward to this though, hope it turns out good.

15. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    First off, just want to say that even though 1 and 3 have a flowing story, I still think 2 has the best story. Even the first movies director said he liked that one but felt he needed to do the first. But I can certainly understand making the second movie an actual sequel rather then a side story like 2 was.

Really? Because I love the music in the series, but after playing shattered memories for a few hours all I heard was a couple very basic guitar riffs. It sounded like the same style, but there was hardly any to be found. I also stopped being scared once I realized that enemy sequences were seperate from exploration, and therefore wasn't too scare exploring like I would be with a previous Silent Hill because you never know when you're about to find something that wants to kill you. Furthermore, when an enemy latched on to me, the controls just kinda fell apart and whatever they were telling me to do just wasn't helping.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I really thought the sequel would be based on the game's sequel, with Sean Bean looking for Rose the way James was looking for his wife in SH2 (the game). I thought they would twist the stories together and make Sean Bean into the James character. Honestly, I'm more stoked about this anyway.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's true that I knew the moments with monsters were coming, kinda like the radio alerted me to monster in the previous games. But those scenes were still enjoyable to me, because despite being somewhat canned, you had to find a place to hide, and see them scrambling around the room looking for you. While not as dynamic or robust as the worlds from previous Silent Hills, they still inspired fear. Dunno about the music as portrayed within the game (because I never finished it), but they gave me the soundtrack with the game, and I love it. It holds up against the others. I like the song Hibernation and Devil's Laughter.

The areas I thought the Wii controls were brilliant were the flashlight use, picking up things and observing them with the controller (like rattling the can to find the key inside). I loved the fact that they used the speaker on the Wiimote as a cell phone and you'd get random calls from scary noises. And I like how you are remembering events, and the Doctor asks you to color your house and car with crayons. And those same colors make their way into the actual game's environments.

It's far from being my favorite SH, but as an experiment, I found it pretty awesome.

18. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I did like the flashlight controls and it was nerve racking trying to hide, but sometimes frustrating to.

You know they do that with silent hill soundtracks. I recall getting quite a few extra tracks with 3 and 4's soundtracks. A lot of the tracks showed up during quick clips or story sequences but the scenes were so fast you didn't get to appreciate them. That was probably the same thing with Shattered Memories and I just haven't played all the way through to hear it all. I don't hate the game but it keeps getting knocked down the list of games I need to finish thanks to so many new releases. A normal Silent Hill usually gets top prority from me though.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the good thing I hear is that Downpour is supposed to adopt some of the better elements from Shattered, such as the memories deal.

Also, despite being super duper sad about losing Yamaoka, the composer from Dexter might do a good job. I love the music from the show.

20. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I will certainly give Downpour a fair chance. Silent Hill as a game series has been a bit bumpy but I wouldn't say any of them were bad.