Silent Hill 5

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, always preferred it to Resident Evil. I'm stoked about Silent Hill 5 for the next gen systems, but every time I see the screen shots, I'm left a little dissapointed. Even with games like Half-Life 2, I have always carried the dimly-lit torch stating that the true masters of facial design and animation were Komani with the SH series, especially after how life-like Heather looked in SH3. So I have been a little dissapointed with some of the seemingly low-rezed textures that I have seen coming from this next installment.

Here is a shot of the main character from SH5

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...ecoming-20080425095504717.html?page=mediaFull

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/7779...ecoming-20080425095457749.html?page=mediaFull

And here is a shot of Heather from SH3. Yes it's real-time, running on the PS2.

http://ps2.ign.com/dor/objects/482701/silent-hill-3/images/silenthil3_050503_02.html?page=mediaFull

http://ps2.ign.com/dor/objects/482701/silent-hill-3/images/silentHill3_041703_02.html?page=mediaFull

Is it just me, or is SH looking like it switched art teams or something?

2. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

it's not just you; those new screengrabs are sh1t.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With respect to the handheld's capabilities, it looks like a PSP game. It looks like a higher-poly version of SH Origins.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was so amazed at the early shots for Silent Hill 3 and of Heather that one of my first projects in college was making a pic of her. The game still looks great. Anyways, I'm a huge SH fan to, and also prefer it over RE's. So far I am extremely excited about SH5- but so far I have to agree that the short video I have seen and the screen shots aren't looking like they belong on current gen consoles. I also had the same thought that it look only slightly better then Origins. I have a feeling it may be delayed beyond it's tentative Spetember release to get it up to snuff, or just everything we have seen so far is just really early stuff.

Either way I'll get it- even with SH4, which strayed a bit from the series, it had some amaing atmosphere and a great soudtrack, and I'm sure SH5 will as well.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Er...

What happened here?
    The PS2's screenshots look really good for a PS2 game.
    Unfortunately so do the PS3's and the 360's. :( 

6. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Last I heard, the game was being developed here in the states by The Collective as opposed to "Team Silent" or whatever their name was. EGM had an interview with the project head and he basically said the game wasn't a full-on Japanese horror game, but was concieved as "what they thought a Japanese horror game was or could be."

That, my friends is what I like to call a RED FRIGGIN' FLAG.

EDIT: here's the cover story snyposis: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184536

7. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I don't want to start doubting this game just yet. We only have early visuals to go by, and that's not much. The story sounds like full on Silent Hill, and hopefully they will keep the same sound team. I think if anything this one is going to be overly true to the formula, which would be better, IMO, then something that hardly takes place in SH, like SH4. Also, the game looks not only worse then SH3 but also it isn't really looking better then most other PS3 titles, so I think in general Konami won't let a game release like that.

8. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I thought I would bump this thread and remind everyone that SH 5 is coming out this Tuesday. I had actually thought it was coming out much later, and was surprised to find out this week it was coming in just another week. Also, if you preorder at Circuit City (I think that was the place) you get a pyramid head keychain. If you preorder at Gamestop, you get a DVD of the movie. Personally, I'm very much looking forward to it even though it switched teams, 'specially since they have the same guy doing the music.

9. Sideways

Sideways Banned

im definately going to rent this one..im a big SH fan too..

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

THis game may be the reason I get a PS3.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's pretty stupid. The entire point of the SH series is that it's supposed to feel like an American horror flick.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Definitely gonna get it for PS3, Ill have a SH weekend with 2,3,4 and 5

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I should be picking this up in two days. Hopefully some respectable reviews come out before that. Since the game is also coming out for 360, i can trust IGN's review, otherwise I'd take it with Salt.

14. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i loved 2, didn't finish 1. the stories aren't connected really are they? as it wouldn't be a pain if i missed 3 & 4...

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 and 3 are connected (Three is great!!) 2 is standalone, and 4 is standalone. Originas on PSP and PS2 is a prequel, and I don't know anything about this one.

16. smangerbot

ah well... i'' wait paitently, mebbe i should finish siren.

17. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Still have 4 sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played. May ask for this for Christmas.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smang, the world demands that you post a review on Siren. It's a game I really want to get, but I'm waiting for a nice sweet moment to get it.

19. smangerbot

i might do, thing is i haven't touched it in a while nor finished it...

20. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I'm a pretty huge SH nerd and have been looking forward to it for a while but the lack of any real news or hype leading up to release has had me worried.

Sadly not going to be able to pick it up tommorrow so guess i'll just have to rely on the interwebs for news on how good it is while i replay 3 to finally get the sexy beam.