Silas and Jack

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Dargor, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

No, please, no crack pairing. I only wanted to point the parallelism between Silas-Meg and Jack-Optimus:
    - Silas is a ambicious, ruthless, charismatic and manipulative mercenary who has an idealistic utopic vision of how humanity and Earth should be guided and governed, so he and his organization would be whatever necessary to make it true no matter the efforts nor the (innocent) sacrifices. As Optimus described them: "Decepticons in human flesh..."
    -Jack is the main human character, only a kid yet, but with hero potential qualities (something even Miko noted when talked to him in his garage) and resourcefulness (pickpocking Silas´communicator was even more impresive than managing a cybertronian driller in the cave). The "Optimus would never do it" in the Rock Bottom episode was a clue of his role model, and in episode 23
    Ratchet commented how a younger Optimus resembled Jack´s personality

So what do you think? Should that line of similarities be further expanded?

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

So... Optimus was a Pick pocket?

Jokes Aside, The Parallelism contributes to the fact that cybertronians are not that much different from humans if not in physiology but in idealism. There are humans who seek peace in freedom just like the autobots and there are others such as mech who seek for a peace in which they rule with tyranny and strength like the decepticons.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion, Jack might indeed be Optimus' mirror. Maybe Silas is Megatron's.

Maybe through Jack's own development we might understand Optimus' own development; the victories and losses he has felt in his life.

So I'd say they go for it.

Although, I think Silas seems to have a lot more focus or self control than Megatron. And he seems to treat his soldiers better.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh that would be darn cool, showing us the younger days of our two leaders by doing parallels to their human "look alikes".

5. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Actually, Silas is more similar to Beast War´s or Transformers Animated´s Megatrons than the crazy, beastly warmonger of TP. This said, I don´t think the younger Megs Optimus befriended long ago was like that.

6. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus: "Agent Fowler, do not take your "Silas" lightly. Megatron preached the very same ideology before plunging Cybertron into the Great War that destroyed our world." Episode #9, Convoy.

That said, this is an interesting idea. One I would not have a problem with if they decided to explore it.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

8. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I love the idea of it and hope such a thing is flushed out.

9. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Jack was a pick pocket?

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    nabbed the radio in Crisscross