Sigma6 2.5" line.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Night Flame, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The latest BBTS newsletter arrived in my inbox today and I had to gander at the latest 2.5" pre-orders. Why? One name: Devastator.

Now, I know there's some hatred among long-term G.I. Joe fans for the 2.5 line because it doesn't "look" right, but never before has a crossover name from line-to-line been given to such a good toy. And, honestly, the 2.5 line has had my interest from the get-go for the simple fact that I love small items, and my biggest complaint on past cool Joe vehicles has been the ridicolously large size of most of them. I was tempted, but never gave in.

But Devastator? Tell me you don't think this is cool? Oh, sure, it's not pure old-school G.I. Joe, but it would look awe-inspiring in a crossover display as a humans-on-the-battlefield fighting-with-the-Autobots mech.

And, me having never purchased a G.I. Joe toy went right out the window. Click-click, pre-ordered. Twice. If not for having so many things coming down the pike soon, I'd have a whole battalion of the little suckers ordered.

The Razors Edge is about *THIS* far away from getting pre-ordered too, and it isn't even mech-like. It's like the movie Batmobile on steroids and angel dust. Getting into another line is the last thing I need right now, but damn if those 2.5 Sigma6 toys aren't awesome looking.

It's not often I get excited enough to talk about pre-order available toys here, but Devastator threw me over the edge. So, what do you guys and/or gals think?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks ok, I'll need to further investigate it when I see it in the stores. With a name like Devestator I would think it would be bigger...

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With a name like Devastator, one could hope we'll see a TF with that name - without "Constructicon" tacked to the front.

(might go to that movie tank thingy though)

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The Vehicles are cool but the figures look like complete ass.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

If Classics wasn't coming, there's a good chance I'd end up collecting these.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I see a lot of people complain about the figures themselves, yet I seem to recall that was the general vibe about the larger Sigma6 line before they were actually out too. Once they were, there were people left and right gushing over them. Something tells me this will be sort of the same. They're tiny little buggers, and I'm betting the proportions don't look so wonky once you get to hold one in your hand.

Either way, I'm hooked in for at least a couple of the Devastators. And possibly I'll get more if I like it. We'll see.

I need to stop reading mine. I'm going broke here.