Sigma 6 Toys Are Awesome......Cartoon Not So Much.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GrimlockAutobot, May 30, 2007.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    The Sigma 6 toys are IMO the best representation of the GI Joe line. They're even better than the new 25th anniversary sculpts that I've seen.

But the cartoon sucks in my opinion. It's in too much of that Japanimation and anime style. I sure hope the new TF cartoon isn't the same.

What do you think?

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Well the good thing is that they stopped making the cartoon, but are still making the toys. They step away from the Sigma Brand, but the figures are still hella cool.

I love the Figures and skipped that cartoon...

3. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

The cartoon sucked, because they tried to tie it in with the past JvC and VvV movies, but failed.
    Plus I hate watching shows that use traditional animation, and then do that stupid Zoids thing, by making the vehicles and stuff computer animated.
    The figures aren't too bad, I am glad the new figures are moving away from the Sigma Six style, and are heading back into stuff that looks more Joe like.

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the cartoon was ok, but I did get kind of bored with it. I have a bunch of the figures but haven't opened any of them yet :p 

I still need Shipwreck and Destro.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The new TF cartoon won't be an anime, its being done over here. First tf cartoon made in the US since Beast Machines.

6. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It wasn't anime style, it was anime. The animation was done by Studio Gonzo, but written here.

7. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the party pal!" -John McClane

S6 toys are awesome, and the upcoming Adventure Te- shit. There's the bell. Gotta go to lunch duty. Be back later.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the few things I liked about the cartoon, was that Cobra Commander was bad ass and not a pathetic nimrod like in the old cartoon.

9. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I agree that the toys were great! Even though I was dubious at first, as soon as I picked a few up I was suitably impressed, with COBRA COMMANDER, DESTRO, ZARTAN and LT. STONE being especially good.
    I liked the 2.5 inch vehicles, but the figures were pretty useless to me. It wasn't so much the fixed poses, more the low quality of them: They felt cheap.

As for the cartoon... I haven't seen enough to judge over here in the UK. The DVD of the opening mini-series was badly edited together with huge chunks missing and had a "20 years in the future" scenario foisted on it. Even so it wasn't as bad as I'd expected after reading some forums. The animation was slick, the action was well choreographed and the characters were mostly 'right'.
    I hated TUNNEL RAT though. He was unfunny comic relief and a screw-up. He blows his and his team-mate's cover on missions because he can't resist eating a bug? That's just insane, and his was one of the few voices I hated.

Apparently Season 2 is way better (with FIREFLY betraying the team), but I haven't seen any of those.

10. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

Ha those are the only two that I do have. :D 

Don't get me wrong, I think they're great, I just need to put a limit somewhere, and that's mine with S6.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't have any of the toys yet, but only because I'm low on funds. I've been picking Transformers over those guys for a while. I definitely want to start getting them eventually.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    my limit was both Fireflys

they're great looking figures with fun accessories, but I wish their movement was more fluid