Sigma 6- Red lights...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Team Jetfire, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    To the folks who are collecting the Sigma Six Figs:

I have noticed that the waves with Destro have little a little blinking red light in the package...
    Also it seams that the Canadian releases have been coming out more regularly, but older figs have been repacked with this light. I haven't opened them yet, but is there any point to the light...

Also I will be down in the states (Disney Land!!!! WOOT) next week. Is there still a decent selection of these guys...Canada was missed in the solider waves so I have no Tunnel Rat or BATS to speak of.

Thanks in advance...

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Ive been wondering about the light myself...

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    The purpose is just marketing, draw kids attention to it in the store... just like all toy packaging, also much like Pink Floyd's "Pulse" CD years ago, just to get your attention.

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Well, let's see, I'm in San Jose, which a ways North of Disney Land. However, I have seen lots of BATS, but am unsure about Tunnel Rat. I think I've seen him, but I don't collect Sigma 6, I just look for them for friends.

While you're down in Southern California, look for stores called Rite Aids (small pharmacy/grocery), they are where I have seen the most BATS (both types). They charge a bit more than WM/Target/TRU, but they have crazy-ass stuff becasue no one really buys toys there except us collectors, it seems. You might also check Long's Drugs and Walgreen's, but I have had less luck there. Good luck and have fun!

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those little lights are cool. I wanna use mine from Destro and maybe attach it under a jet like Jetfire to make it look more realistic during night-time flying.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I got Destro and wondered about the light. However it has absolutely no purpose and can't be shut off without taking out the batteries. I'll find a use for it one day in a kitbash but until then, it's sitting in the bottom of a box somewhere.

7. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Apparantly the Big Aitch tested a number of marketing gimmicks, and the Red Blinkie sent kids off the scale. Given the simplictity of the set up, they can't be costing much per package and if it really does help sell figures, so much the better. Of course, I found my first "dead" blinkie today - an Artic Duke. I'm guessing the batteries went dead, so they don't last all that long.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They're for attention and 2 free AA batteries

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

They give me seizures.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I need to start getting these guys before I end up having to get them online for higher prices :( 

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:

Thanks so much for the info! I am really excited to go (ha, so are my Kids). I know there is a TRU and a few targets relatively close to the park so it should be good. As for those other stores I will have to venture out and keep my eyes open.

Thanks again!!