*sight* I need to go to the dentist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Apr 27, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I have a major tooth pain that´s been lasting for several weeks, I already taken painkillers and such but the pain won´t go away. After looking at a mirror i saw that one of my teeth is black so my guess it´s rotten or something. Moral of the story, tomorow I´m going to the dentist. I hate dentists...

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if you've had major tooth pain for the last few weeks and have ignored it then you really only have yourself to blame.
    So suck it up and go.

But do watch this video before, to clam your nerves:

Will never get old..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Yep. I know what you are talking about. But for me it was different. Went to an annual check up and my dentist found out this big cavity, that needed a root canal treatment. Now I have a temporary crown and in two weeks I am going to have my fixed crown set in right on the tooth wit the root canal treatment. No fun at all. But at least my dentist is the most gentle dentist I ever had. Never felt a thing.

4. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i know what your going through.. part of my fillling is gone
    my dentist said it going to cost me $885 to put a cap on

5. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I had a root canal last year. But, lucky for me, my dentist is a hot milf. And she's also hilarious, so it's always great to go to the dentist for me.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

eh, my teeth came in semi messed up and parents didn't care to take me to the dentist. Now I finally have insurance so whatever is messed up as in rotted, just pulling. Other minor stuff, eh, hate em but well, I love sedation dentistry, nap+tooth repair, can't beat it.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    QFT!

The more you ignore things, generally the harder they are to fix. The harder they are to fix, generally the more expensive AND uncomfortable the procedure becomes.

Just to put it into perspective for you:

Option A - You start off with a small cavity, which if caught early enought would cost you around $100 to $150 to fix. Generally end of story with regular maintenance.

Option B - You ignore said cavity and allow it to grow. Your tooth becomes black. This basically means the majority of your tooth is mush at this point. So let's assume the worst here.

If the tooth is not fixable, it is toast... you lose... gone! This will run you anywhere from $100 to $200 and up. Now you have a space there (from the missing tooth) that will likely need future replacement to avoid future bite problems. This will run you in the mid $2K to mid $3K depending on what exactly need to be done. The price goes up if you need surgery to repair the bone, etc. So, let's say you are looking at just under $3K to $4K overall if you let this tooth go.

Now, everything is not doom and gloom. By some form of miracle, your neglect has not rendered the tooth unrepairable. Likely the decay is close enough to the nerve (especially since the tooth is hurting you) that you will need a root canal. If this is a molar you are in the $800 to $1000 range so far. The tooth will need to be built-up and a crown (cap) placed, again you are probably in the $1000 range when everything is said and done (I won't go into specifics here).

So moral of the story kiddies is DON'T IGNORE YOUR TEETH! They will cost you more to fix AFTER problems arise... and honestly as much as you hate your dentist... they are not always thrilled to hear your complaining about how much you don't like them.

Neither does this! ;) 

Sorry Boardwise... :( 

I should ban you form this thread for that, but I'm afraid of what you'd do to my teeth - Love, Boardwise

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Yup, I need to devitalize the tooth and remove another, so it´s not one but twice I need to go. And it will involve drilling. I HATE drilling.

9. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    you ain't the only one

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man, count your blessings.
    and take care of your grill.
    i was with my dad when he had an abcessed tooth- and they worked on him without painkillers.
    i was luckier than him when i had intense pain- my dentist pissed me off when he looked at it, told me to get a prescription filled, and waited a week to pull. the antibiotics actually took the pain and reduced the chance of an abcess and then made my extraction easier on me.

oh, if your current dentist is a jerk, find a better one. i had one for years as a kid, but the first time i went in as an adult paying with my own money, i told him to fuck off and found my current yank man- he's awesome!

11. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I had the same thing last year, saw one of my back left molars had a dark spot under the surface. Three trips to the dentist and 5 fillings later good as new, and definitely worth it. Funy thing is I still hate routine cleanings more than getting fillings...just weird I guess.

12. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i hate cleaning.. useing the scrapper makes my eyes water

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    aww :( 

but you have such healthy looking teeth!

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Link removed out of fear of the ban-hammer. :bowdown: 

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got to look it up, but last year, read an article about a woman who got high on meth and pulled 18 of her teeth with needle nose pliers.
    (the cops had raided her house on a tip about drugs being there and they found her.)

what amazed the doctors was that high as she was, and simple the tools, all her teeth were pulled with precision. as in the roots were intact. eeesh.

16. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    thanks jorod... now i'm not going to go to a dentist

17. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a joke, I wouldn't actually ban you for posting that.
    Unless you were someone I didn't like.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Everytime I go I imagine the gremlin doctor

"Is it safe?!, eyah ahahahahaha"

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well the last major work I had done was a Root canal, which in turn they had to put a crown on the tooth. Worst part was, it was one of my "buck" teeth on the top. So, they did the drilling, cleaned the inside of the tooth out, put a little pin in there, and grinded the tooth down and put a PLASTIC temporary cap in place. They said they would put the permanent on in 2 weeks. So I delt with 2 weeks of pretty much taking bites favoring the right side of my mouth instead...that sucked. So 2 weeks later I go in, they take out the temporary one...and I hear the dentist say.."where is the catalyst?" After 10 minutes of them looking, they in turn ran out. I wasn't happy, so they had to put the plastic one back on for another week before I can get the permanent one put in. More or less that was a horrible 3 weeks. Plus they recommended I not try and use the tooth for about a week til it dries properly...make it a month of horrible not being able to use my teeth properly!

20. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I'm going to the dentist on May 12th for the first time in four years. I brush 2-3 times a day, floss 2-3 times a week, and use mouth wash after each brushing. Yet, I still fear what they are going to find.