Sigh... so much for that movie artbook..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm positive there has been a lack of updates regarding the Transformers movie artbook...

Hopefully they plan to combine all three films into one book, and that could explain the delay..:thumbdown 

[​IMG]

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I was just thinking today that there should be like an 'Allspark Almanac' for the movieverse.

Not so much an 'art of' book, as a compendium of everything. All the character designs, environments, character profiles, toy-only characters, game-only characters, stuff from the comics, background story, behind-the-scenes features at Hasbro, Dreamworks, etc, just covering every aspect of it.

3. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Maybe this was only in Canada but there was something similar to this that had bios of most of the movieverse characters. It was done before rotf and it had all from tf1 plus soundwave and devastator. I don't think the fallen or jolt were in it.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is what I'd like to see.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    This is probably what we're getting. It's probably just easier to release one volume covering 3 movies rather than 1 volume covering 2 movies + 1 volume covering 1 movie.

6. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, I've contacted IDW and DK about something like this... unfortunately, the results were not great.

Jim Sorenson was all for a "Movie Almanac", I know this for a fact. Maybe if we're lucky one day, we'll get a full scale concept art book... but I doubt we're getting a Movie Almanac, as great as it would be.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I know that for The Lord of the Rings there were 3 books, one for each movie. Transformers art is just as complex and beautiful as LOTR, so I thought they would follow the same concept, but that was never the case.

As long as theygive us something covering movie 1 - 3, like concepts for bots we've never seen before, maybe more of bonecrusher or the like..

8. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

i want to see more movie concept art, there was a picture of a t-rex hightower, unfortutley we never saw this picture in a good quality.

9. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, LOTR is aimed towards a slightly older audience than Transformers. Transformers makes its main money off of the toys, with LOTR, there'd be more people willing to buy "behind the scenes" and concept art books of the films.

I agree though, I feel like we should get one huge book full of concept art for all three movies. Hopefully, it'd included more than just stuff we can find on the artists websites.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Exactly..

11. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, this was the only picture I could find:
    [​IMG]