Sig pics...

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Optimus Bruce, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

So I have a pic I'd like to put in my signature, but problem is I can't upload it as a jpeg and I have no clue on how to change it into an acceptable file?!

Can anybody shed some light on how I'd go about creating a sig pic from a jpeg image please?

Big thanks in advance for any help!

2. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

You can google for a online image converter. Or you could open it up in Photoshop and save it as a JEPG file. Either way works.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Open your jpeg image in any sort of image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint if you have Windows. Then, simply go to File>"Save As" and then in the window that opens up there should be a drop-down box that allows you to choose to save your photo as a .png, .gif, and many other types of files. I prefer .png because it is a type of file that is resistant to artifacting (those little miscolored pixels around the edges on .jpegs). Then simply go to an image hosting site such as imageshack.com, upload your image, copy the image's url, and go to your User CP here on TFW2005, go to the "Edit Signature" option, and paste the image's url into image tags as if you were inserting an image in a post. And remember, the image must be no bigger than 500x300 pixels and no larger than 40kb. A lot of people forget that and end up having their sigs removed.

4. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Dudes, you are awesome!

Thanks for the heads up and a tonne of internets kudos for you both! :cool: 

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i use a free program called PhotoFiltre, and i save all my images as jpeg. i just upload to an album in my Facebook and go from there. never had a problem.