SIG assistance

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Moy, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    How can I maintain my SIG to be 300pixels by 500 pixels, maintaining 40kb while simultaneously still keeping a high quality file. or a sharp image if you may?

I managed to make my sig's the size that is appropriate for the forums, but I took them out ( I created two) because it was very poor looking.

I guess I don't mind my sig being tiny, (unlike others) but I just want to keep the crisp look that it was before it gets shrunk down to 300x500. I have photoshop and I tried it out a couple of times, and it my sig always ends up looking fuzzy when I'm done. . :banghead: 

thanks!!

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Three suggestions:

1. In Photoshop, use the "Save As For Web" option, if you haven't tried that already. While that option is only on later versions of Photoshop (ver. 7 and up, IIRC), you should be able to hit that limit or go below it.
    2. Use FastStone Photo Resizer. This Freeware program allows you to resize files, as well as other cool stuff (like batch rename files). I use it quite often, especially with photo galleries and the like.
    3. Ask another member to help you. If you go to Creative>Creative Marketplace>Requests, you'll find a thread where you can ask other members to help you with work on your siggys.

I hope this helps!

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Sounds interesting, I'll look into these, thanks!

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

1. I tried the save for web, but it saved it as 72KB... I'll keep trying.

EDIT:

[​IMG]