Siege WFC Deluxe Cog

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shark Jumper, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Yeah but look how bad the one on the left looks.

2. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Actually, they are quite a bit smaller than TR figures.

And I own Universe 2.0 Sideswipe, so I know he is a tall deluxe (he is also not horrible... not good either, but not horrible). But this makes Siege Sideswipe about the height of Universe 2.0 Hound, and he is one of the smallest deluxes. That's just not a size fitting for Sideswipe. But what's worse, it means that Siege Ironhide will also be quite small, and that's a fucking shame because I was hoping to replace the Henkei Ironhide with this one.

3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *big shrug* I don't know what to say, man. There are comparisons out there (and some I posted) that show Siege figures being about the same size as Prime Wars figures. I'm sure there will be variances in individual heights based on character, just like with SS figures, but Ironhide could still be a fair deal larger than Sideswipe and still fall within the price point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

was Ironhide taller than Sideswipe in the G1 cartoon? John said they are aiming for that kind of scale

5. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Ironhide is taller according to the HOLY SCALE CHART...

6. Sammael

News Credits:
    On the previous pages we can see that Cog is a head shorter than Top Spin. Also, Sideswipe is about 2 heads shorter than Punch/Counterpunch.

We'll see about Ironhide. But I am prepared for disappointment.

7. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

I'm REALLY hyped, think of all the possible combination with the older line <3

Also that Cog's leg with thigh out looks like gun-shoes

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rewind

Rewind Neckmaster

News Credits:
    Topspin is massive. In that same photo I posted look at Cog next to Darkwing, they are exactly the same chest height. Darkwing is only a smidge taller because his neck is a little longer and he has those big ears. Darkwing is exactly average for almost every deluxe to come out from CW and PW.

• Like Like x 5
  9. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Transformers was a mistake

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Credit to TR, that line had some pretty big deluxes. I remember being super surprised when Kup turned out to be taller than his previous generations toy.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rewind

Rewind Neckmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, Kup was a surprise for sure and a good example of how Deluxes always fluctuate. I've never really thought of a Deluxe as being 'X' inches tall, so much as in a range. Over the last decade we've had Deluxes that are nearly voyager height (Animated Lockdown) and nearly scout height (SS Jazz) and everything in between. When I look at and handle Cog he feels exactly average to me, neither a 'big' Deluxe nor a 'tiny' one.

• Like Like x 3
  11. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Time makes fools of us all. In another ten years we'll get one that's even smaller and looks even better...oh wait...(looks over at Magic Square...)

• Like Like x 1
  12. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That said, I DO wish we weren't paying nearly $25 for a figure that is so much smaller than a figure we paid $10. I understand inflation, but that seems like a bit MORE than just inflation. SideSwipe looks amazing, but I'll probably wait until it shows up on Amazon for $16.99 in six months (looks over at Snarl...)

• Like Like x 1
  13. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

I do think that Lockdown is a bit of an unfair comparison. He's tall, sure, but that's only because his transformation elongates him into a a very thing figure. The toy itself isn't any bulkier than the other Animated Deluxes. Generations Drift might be a better analogy, as that one is legitimately beefier than most Deluxes.

14. Sammael

News Credits:
    AEC deluxes were massive compared to Classics deluxes. Just look at Cybertron Hot Shot (either version).

Classics were fairly small, which made sense for some (Bumblebee) and didn't for others (Starscream).

Universe 2.0 deluxes were much larger on average (with some exceptions like Hound), and the trend was mostly held during Generations/RTS/HFTD/WFC (remember the humongous WFC Bumblebee mold).

They started getting smaller again with FOC (which had pathetic figures overall) and T30 in general (Trailbreaker was criminally small), CW made them slightly larger again but not much, TR ones were comparable to Universe 2.0 on average, and POTP got back to CW-ish size. And now they are again small, but cost much more (even if we know the original $10 price was a joke and we take inflation into account). Boy, that mud battle damage must cost a ton.

BTW, the reason why Classics Optimus was such a small voyager is because he was originally going to include a trailer and sell at a higher pricepoint (ultra or leader, I forgot), but they scrapped that idea at the last minute. If they had designed him as a standalone from day 1, he would have been the same size as Jetfire and Megatron.

15. Rewind

Rewind Neckmaster

News Credits:
    It wasn't really a comparison. I was saying that in terms of height for Deluxe figures we've had everything between him and itty bitty Jazz. Just trying to offer some perspective to help clear things up for anyone curious about the size of Cog, but people have already made up their minds and if a side by side comparison with an average current deluxe doesn't mean anything then there's just nothing more to say. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

I don't mind the smaller size as they look good stocky compared to tall and lanky. Also; it looks like the quality of the figures has improved with more paint, ankle tilts etc. So at the end of the day, I'm much more interested in this line than the last.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully we'll see some pics of Cog with Fort Max soon...

19. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Seriously, how has no-one done any alt-mode around Fort Max base-mode and/or extra-guns-for-battleship-mode pics yet?

• Like Like x 1
  20. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

I actually came to this thread just to look for this and your statement made me so disappointed when I saw it. I know patience grasshopper

• Like Like x 1