Siege Wave 1 Leader Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Oh man! Shockwave looks awesome!

Magnus looks like a total piece of shit!! WAAAAY too much RID in that mold!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just waiting for preorders on this, Especially Shockwave!

3. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There\'s a lot of empty space in those boxes. I wonder if they\'re going to have bigger leaders down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Shockwave looks like when some asshole buys a leader figure, puts a deluxe in the box, and then returns it.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Seeing Shockwave in the packaging made my morning. It's wonderful seeing a proper Shockwave coming out soon and not loaded with gimmicky nonsense.
    The armor looks like it may be fun, but I just plan on using it as set pieces.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Magnus's combination is sheer genius. :)  Though after PotP Optimus/Nemesis, I ain't surprised.
    This reminds me of the time when everyone I knew was buying and praising City Commander like he was the best thing ever and I thought "surely I am not the only one who feels the giant gun and weirdly flat undetailed panels are terrible?" I only saw the Nemesis version in-hand and he was a pain to transform. Man we have come a long way since then, and it was sure worth being patient and not wasting time for temporary fillers.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  7. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it is removable without damaging the paint around it that is what balmatrix said in his optimus prime siege review video.

8. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Agreed. I cant stand all those little lines and crap either. They make it look sooooo 3rd partyish when I want a more Hasbroish aesthetic to match the rest of my collection. And all that silver crap all over his chest really does screw up the figure. Such a waste of paint apps that could be used elsewhere to make the figure better. Im not going to say I wont buy this Ultra Magnus, but its definitely not going to be my definitive Ultra Magnus. That spot is already taken by the Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus which corrected nearly all the deco flaws of CW Ultra Magnus. Might even try swapping shoulder missiles if its possible. That Shockwave armor mode will never see light of day again in my house once its removed from the packaging. Now I nust have to figure out if I really want my Shockwave to sport a hoverboard, or is that thing going in the parts box with Orion Pax's trailer and the old WFC cassettes.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Shockwave does look smaller by comparison/

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would much rather have too much detail than giant flat undetailed panels. Yes, I am looking at you, Masterpiece Ultra Magnus... :D 
    And the gribbles and details are kinda this line's thing, being cybertronian forms and all that. Just compare Chromia with Moonracer despite being pretty much the same mold.
    Well of course, he is a Voyager and the armor does not make him taller, since it is just two giant shoes basically. Unlike Magnus, where he has "trailer pants" that significantly heighten the Voyager inner robot.
    And man, who would have thought we would get a white cab Magnus someday that is NOT a repaint of Optimus Prime? :D 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

That Magnus looks like a Mike Costa reject with all its excessive surface detailing. Transformers looked fine without putting vents on their shin vents, designers. Still, the internal Magnus looks better than the Optimus mold.

Shockwave is like paying Leader prices for a Deluxe with bulky accessories. Not thrilled with that. Don't like to do it, but might have to take the plunge and wait for a sale, or Ross to get him.
    Probably won't know this until we have him in hand, but there's a chance that he is shorter than what we consider a "Voyager."

12. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It kinda looks like somebody got silver shaprie on Ultra Magnus and tried to erase it off.

13. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Wait, do we have slurs now for "battle damage"? This line is called "War For Cybertron: Siege", not "They Just Rolled Off the Assembly Line on Cybertron: Get 0% APR Financing".

• Like Like x 10
  14. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    By that logic, every single figure ever is a "temporary filler" that you're "wasting time" with if you buy it.

And also, I really fail to see how the combination is "sheer genius". It's just a toy. It's neat but... genius? Not really.

Doesn't mean we have to like it. Factory-painted "battle damage" rarely looks good, and in my opinion, it looks terrible here too.

15. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    I am guessing the Optimus Prime Leader class from this line will be retool / repaint of Ultra Magnus.

16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so.... general opinion is why aren't they clean when the line is called WAR for cybertron...... do you guys know anything that stays clean in a war?

• Like Like x 6
  17. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Magnus seems to have a bit of junk in the trunk, might wait to see a review of him, seems the the previous leader class Magnus is more cartoon/idw accurate while this guy is homaging rid2001 and the G1 toy. 

will have to see if I can justify 2 Leader class Ultra Magnus on my shelf, shockwaves is 100% bought though 

18. Burbo

Burbo New Member

No ones really arguing the logic of it, just that the execution doesn’t look very good.

• Like Like x 6
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    people should probable have a more realistic expectation for it. I mean, hasbro is not going to spend an hour of the assemble process carefully painting and fading.....idk why people still expect similar paint jobs to people who spend several days on figures....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

To me, it's a pretty dumb idea that Transformers have color schemes that they can't heal themselves. Or that they would march into a battle wounded. Logically, if they have been scraped to the point where their color scheme is damaged, that would be a wound, no? Where does the robot begin and end? Muck is one (ugly) thing, but heavy surface damage can mean anything from an annoyance to essentially running around with the upper layer of your skin torn and being more vulnerable to continued damage. And even in a war, there has to be downtime to fuel up, strategize, etc.

Even with this aside, it's plain ugly to look at. Like they were bought at a swap meet after a kid hopped up on fruit punch had a field day with them.

(I also plain dislike Transformers having "paint" in-universe as it begs the question how it gets reformatted — sometimes different patterns — with the bots and they don't have to stand around getting a new tan. It's always been a small pet peeve, but lo and behold it gets brought to the forefront with this line.)