Siege: The Cabal

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Dec 2, 2009.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Anybody else read this yet?

The beginning of Osborn's fall I guess. Interesting start so far. Just one problem.
    Osborn's justification for attacking Asgard is that it's hovering in the U.S. Recent issues of Thor, has Asgard moving to Latveria

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    That's the problem, there is very little continuity in Marvel anymore, it's ll about the next crossover.(I am sick and tired of crossovers)But they will probably move it after the most recent Thor issues.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, Marvel continuity does seem to be re-written every other issue

4. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was freaking lame. I expected a little bit more. Most of the story was told in the previews for this issue months ago.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's late-00s Marvel. Continuity is what Bendis wants it to be, damn what anyone else at the company is doing.

I do have to admit I'm kind of interested in Siege. I've been surprisingly entertained by Dark Reign and I like the idea of the real Avengers finally coming back after so many years. This issue in particular had me along right up until the end, when it included the checklist for Siege-related titles. That's when I realized this is going to be just like Secret Invasion: a mega crossover event with scores upon scores of tie ins and, since Bendis is writing it, a main title that will probably make no fucking sense unless you read at least all of the Bendis-written tie-ins. I'll probably still follow some of it - a lot of titles on my pull list are involved, after all - but my enthusiasm is greatly diminished.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Not exactly.

The physical land is hovering over Oklahoma. The Asgardians themselves moved to Latveria.

Yeah I know. But after the stuff that happened in the latest issue of Thor, they're likely going to be leaving very soon.

- Coeloptera