SIEGE superultrafanmadeofficiallyunofficialdiscussionforTRUEfansonly...andspoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so...picked this up yesterday...after not reading any marvel really the last few months that wasn't deadpool...i've been buying Cap and Ironman, but haven't read the last 3 or 4 issues of ironman, and like 9 or 10 of cap...but i know whats going on...

so, this issue was very much just okay for me...felt contrived that they basically created their own new stamford...and Norman as this giant head honcho just doesn't sit right with me... Sentry trying to take out Thor was pretty nice... but i just feel like this "big" event is just another story from marvel that i just don't care about... and i don't buy Bendis' claim that this was a master plan from the House of M days... there's just no solid flow, IMHO... it seems like he jumps from crazy idea to crazy idea, and finds ways to spin it together... i may read the 2nd issue in store next month... but i don't think i'll be spending any money on it...

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Marvel Spin is Marvel spin. I'm not reading cause Bendis just disappoints when writing mega-events and Marvel continues to push a universe that just isn't fun to read anymore.

Having said that, if this can get us past the Registration era then I'm all for it. I want my old Marvel back: Classic Avengers, X-Men at the Mansion, and solo Spider-man.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Ill be super honest, I read it, and it fell flat "thats it?, THATS IT?" the issue is relatively short specially for the price, and well I cant honestly believe this was a master plan, I keep thinking they make it all as they go.

I should just stick to trades to marvel events...so much less grief....

-also not buying tie ins AGAIN EVER.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Pretty much the same as everyone else, read it, thought so what, then put it back on the shelf. Then bought two Blackest Night minis.

I think everyone is tired of poorly thought out events with little to no pay off. I saw Thor is down, and I didn't care. They didn't show how he was overwhelmed like they would have in the old days, and you didn't feel like he was nobly struggling to win. It was just "forces of osborn attack, look we beat up thor yay!" It felt force and paced poorly. Dear Marvel focus about making us care about your characters before you take them down. I knew this was going to happen as soon as JMS left Thor, he'd be used as a throw away cannon fodder for the next event.

Marvel needs to stop all book crossovers for a year or two, and try to build up a status quo. There isn't rally one for them to destroy anymore.

Watch this end with something lame like Marvel Man(Miracleman) coming to save the day since they recently aquired the rights.(I wish they would TPB the old stories) They can't not use the character for long.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think marvels stories tend to deliver closer to the end, as the early ones seem to be all exposition or w/e. I'm willing to give this a few more issues to get more interesting.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

The Thor title is the last Marvel book I am currently getting. I assure you, Thor is still great in his own book.

I just hope this thing doesn't bleed over into it much.

- Coeloptera

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I read it and was disappointed. Not the story, it was a good setup issue. But like was said earlier, that's it?

Thank god this is only 4 issues though so we only have until April to put up with it. Also, maybe once this is done,. we can have some real consistency in the Marvel Universe. Things are just getting too muddled.

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's wrong w/ you people?! The story is FAR from over. This was just issue #1. And I disagree w/ Lumpy. I can see how the past 7 years are all connected. Take this from one who has read virtually every Disassembled, House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion and Dark Reign book that Marvel has published.

While there may have not been as much action in Siege #1 as I would have enjoyed, I'm sure, no I know there is more in store for us. And if you haven't read Embedded #1, pick it up as well. It continues the story of Volstagg w/ Ben Urich!

9. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Screw that. The only good thing going for Spidey these days is New Avengers. He works well in the team dynamic same as Wolverine (Team Player AND Solo Guy)

Ugh. I really don't care for these types of stories. Civil War: Frontline, while informative, seemed to drag on forever.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    looking at this as presented, its a 4 issue mini... so, with one issue out, its 25% done... that's a big amount of space to me, and i feel more shoulda happened... also, its was 3.99 for 24 pages... and that just sucks... and did anyone else notice the last pages that had the extra dialogue from normans secret meeting had the same lines of dialogue repeated? that's just ridiculous... they need to hire better proof readers...

11. smkspy

Different strokes, I guess. Spidey for decades was established as a non-team guy, but willing to help out when needed. One of the aspects that I liked about the character is all. Unlike nearly every other Super-hero in the Marvel universe, spidey doesn't need a team.

Still, the pre-registration New Avengers was pretty awesome I admit. So perhaps it's just all the post-Civil War stuff has gotten very very tiresome.

Of course they're connected.... a person would have to be an idiot not to see or think that. It's the idea that Bendis had this great master plan of these various series that he concieved of seven years ago which is laughable. Comic fans are a gullible lot, but common on, even that is just far fetched. Nevertheless, this is just how the companies spin EVERY project, but it has grown especially old with Marvel IMO.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    just finished issue two... and
    nothing really happened

i mean, it was cool to see ares and sentry fight, and
    sentry tearing the god of war in half
    was a shocker, but otherwise this just feels like issue 2 of an 8 issue series... we're halfway done with this, and all that really happened is that
    the avengers decided to join the fight
    that shoulda been the climax of issue one... this is just making me lose more and more faith in marvel...

time to go read my blackest night books now...

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Sadly Bendis had him do the same thing to Carnage in the First few issues of new Avengers. Sadly the character of Sentry is useless and no one cares if he lives or dies. He hasn't been interesting since the original Jeankins miniseries.

14. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Yeah, after reading the spoilers for this ish, I think X-Force and Cap are going to be my only Marvel books from here on. Unless Bendis decides to write those too.

15. smkspy

Hey, it's typical fare for Bendis.

Though that spoiler disappoints, I actually like that character.

16. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Really hate that they used the same frigging death shot for such a cool character as
    Ares
    as they did with Carnage.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Short on plot, long on splash pages. At least this is only four issues; if it was eight the scene where the Avengers mobilize would have taken six issues. Bendis + events = yawn.

I am also completely tired of Sentry. Terribly dull character.

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I was a little confused about the "he" who Jarvis was talking about to Steve. Did he mean
    Tony
    ?

19. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Yep,you know he has to be back before the final.

20. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I actually like the story, but I feel like there is a bunch of stuff missing. I guess the missing stuff is happening in some the tie-ins?

Unlike most people, I love Sentry and Ares. I think Sentry's story and development from the solo series to New Avengers to now has been great. I really hope he and Ares aren't just killed off and disappear from the Marvel Universe (although I know I'm probably in the minority).