Sideways different packaging CGI Headshots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Crescent-31, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Crescent-31

Crescent-31 Decepticon

The just shown RPM packages showed that Sideways' head looked different than his head on the Deluxe package..
    I wonder why. Did the designers thought it looked to much like Barricade at first and changed it?

[​IMG]

2. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

it doesn't look that different, just at another angle on the deluxe so you can see where parts stick out more, his head dont look that much like barricade regardless of which head your lookin at anyway

3. Crescent-31

Crescent-31 Decepticon

Well its not much, but the RPM version looks very simplefied to me. I was also thinking it could be the different angle, but some details are different.

4. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

the top parts of his head yeah are a lil different, move at a higher angle or somethin, looked at pictures of barricade and his face is just too different.
    i really dont think the whole reformatting thing is worthwhile in the movie, there are so many bots to choose it would be pointless to reformat one plus it would get confusing

5. Crescent-31

Crescent-31 Decepticon

I agree. My theory is that Barricade and Sideways are different characters. Maybe brothers.. who knows. But not the same character.
    And maybe I didnt say it clear but IMO his head doesnt look like Barricade's. But I heard enough people who think that

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They look pretty similar to me. It's just a combination of the different angles used, and the RPM version being simplified compared to the Deluxe version.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only thing I can see that's the same is the colour. Every element is in some way different between the two and its not the angle its the shape

IMO it would not surprise me if both these totally awesome renderings were based of the same character but at different stages of development. Or both were done to match the heads on the toys rather then the character CGI