Sideswipe Was Doing What?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jul 9, 2011.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    During my second sighting of DOTM and I swore I would keep an eye out for Sideswipe and listen to his lines whenever he was nearby, I noticed that, after Ironhide had died, Sideswipe was doing something I wasn't expecting... He was giving out orders to the other Autobots when Optimus wasn't around!

To prove this, during the scene when the Autobots were hiding in the building after Optimus lost his flight tech and Wheeljack had given out boomsticks and grapple gloves to the humans, Sideswipe ordered Wheeljack to get moving. Sideswipe did this again when they were battling against the Decepticons before their capture. He did it one last time by ordering the Autobots to help Optimus. I don't know if it was a human ordering this, but my ears never lie.

So, I think Sideswipe had been given the title of second in command by Optimus Prime offscreen. Whether or not this is true, we won't know until we see it again or it comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD. I'm just telling you what my ears heard, that's all.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely heard all this. I think its rather interesting that he got picked over Ratchet.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I don't think it was him giving orders out of command or rank so much as "hey guys we need to do this". Besides, isn't Ratchet next in line after Ironhide?

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus likes his silver cars.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't think he's explicitly been given command, but in a combat situation he'd certainly take control of the situation, especially over Wheeljack who is certainly no soldier.

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with this. In my opinion Sideswipe just ordered the others because he may have been the one who thinks faster under those kind of situations.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide probably just asked Optimus Prime to appoint Sideswipe to be second in command if he (Ironhide) were to die.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not surprised in the slightest. Ratchet is completely useless.

9. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Most likely because Ironhide trained Sideswipe in the past if you've read Tales of the Fallen issue 2.

10. transformers863

transformers863 Assassin

I'm seeing it again next Saturday, so I'll listen for it.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly.

12. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Didn't Swipe tell Ratchet to "Cover high" or something just before they leave the building too?

It was so quick I don't remember.

But yeah it was cool to see him giving orders.

13. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did not notice that at all! I would say that Sideswipe was the new 2nd in command.

14. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sideswipe is a complete badass so it fits. Hes a smaller, faster, more assassin-like Ironhide. Not to mention they were together in the standoff scene.

That said, I was pretty disappointed in Ratchet's overall use in the series. He is supposed to be an awesome medical officer but not ONCE did ever fix anything except to tell Jolt to transplant shit to OP.

I mean how long does it take to fix BBs voice? The Decepticons can revive and fix their guys but he couldn't fix Jazz or anything?

I guess he DID fix up OP and BB between movies, but it would have been nice to see him actually do something worthy of his actual role on screen.

Sideswipe is still a badass though.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I recall Ratchet telling the Autobots to take down the Bridge in chicago [in a very Optimus-esque way].

I honestly think He'll be Optimus new first-lieutenant, if he isn't, then this is the worst decision ever taken in the history of Transformers:

"Hey! My trusted lieutanant is dead, who should replace him: That badass guy with knives that is as strategic as a shotgun or the smartest guy in the team? Oh, the first one of course!"

16. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

maybe that was 'cause Sideswipe is another experiencied warrior as Ironhide was

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think "experienced" isn't the best term, he seems to be VERY young [around his twenties] and unexperienced, kinda like Ironhide's apprentice.

Ratchet seems to be the most experient of the team alongside Optimus [as he is seemingly on his forties, mentally]

18. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If that's true, awesome.

19. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Sideswipe over Ratchet as the next in line. Just because you may have had more experience, doesn't mean you are right for the job. I don't know how many times I have seen the younger but more skilled soldiers quickly outrank the more experienced and battle hardened ones.

And if they make a 4th, be all the more reason to stick in more of Sideswipe!

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Sideswipe should be 2nd in command and not ratchet. Imagine if you are in war and your commander dies and your choices are the next experienced soldier or the medic who would you chose?