Sideswipe & Sunstreaker question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Jul 18, 2007.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

For those that saw the protos or whatever for these guys at Botcon, did they look like they fit the aesthetic of the first series of Classics, or was it more like they were going for a new look?

2. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not being the most knowledgeable, and sitting kind towards the back...

It looked to me like they are similar to the current ones, maybe (photo-wise at least), looking a little... cleaner... more like models, rather than current offerings.

Again, this "cleaner" look (not as many seams/panels) could just have been cuz I was towards the back.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bearing in mind all we saw was concept art which might change a lot by the time you hold it in your hand...

The aesthetic looked fine. They didn't seem like a new look, they carried that same "what is old is new again" feel that Classics do. But it was only artwork, the first pictures will be the real test.

Octane, though, carried the same vibe in his concept as Astrotrain does in person, so these guys ought to fit right in. I seem to recall Hasbro saying they wanted to keep the "realistic" alt modes as a sub-line, but also that they decided of the three sublines they had (Classics, Titanium and Alternators) they had the best reaction to Classics and decided to keep it going, so by all indications the new Classics will not be all that far removed from the previous ones, probably no more so than Cybertron was from Classics in fact if that.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am so excited about these! I hope more info is released about them at SDCC.

5. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can only imagine my exitement being a sideswipe fan.

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I've always loved the twins, can't wait to own these classics.

And for anyone whose's interested, check out my Sideswipe/Sunstreaker fanfic link in my sig.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    SDCC is unlikely, since they're nearly a year away from release. Fall 2008 was the tentative date put forward. Toyfair next year would be my bet. Might see the first wave or at least learn something more at that time.

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Are their Classics alt modes going to be based on lamborghinis or some sort of generic hybrid like Classic Bumblebee was?

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see protos of these guys as well. The original Car Brothers are so freaking awesome.

10. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

That just feels so far away :( 

...better than nuthin' though :) 

11. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    They could show the artwork and Octane again...and you know let people take pictures of it this time.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They showed concept art of some ridiculously cool car that I don't know (although it looked very similar to the digibash some poster here has of Alt Prime and Megs as sports cars in their sig). But they did specifically say that they wouldn't be licensed cars, so while the alt-modes would be realistic-looking, they wouldn't be actual models.

13. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    Which is good. I hope they don't try to get licenses for these. It only drives up the cost of the molds and thus we get less new molds and more repaints.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    In other words, it's gonna be like movie Swindle. Based on a real car, but enough different that they don't need a license for it.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    then I guess you're gonna hate the fact that Hasbro is specifically looking for characters (Prowl, Ironhide) who will be easy to repaint for the line

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Its going to be really hard to wait so long for the relaunch of Classics.

17. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    No. That's not what I was getting at all. I don't know how you got that from what I said.

What I meant was that if they made Classics using licensed cars then they would either have to charge more per figure, or use the molds more times then they'd or we'd like to make up for the fee that they have to pay to the car company. I don't mind if they use Ironhide for Ratchet, or Prowl or Bluestreak/ Smokescreen. It's when they start using Ironhide for Ratchet, Blaster, Skids, and First Aid just so they can make a profit off the mold that I mind. If they keep them unlicensed they won't have to do that, and there will be more money so those guys can get new molds instead.

18. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i think i saw that sig, saleen s7's

thats actually what i thought in my head would make a great alt mode for them. Because lambo is owned by volkswagen now and we all know how they feel about our little robot war, and they would probably crack down on even "similar" molds to their cars.

and the s7 is like the only near mass production super car ( not counting the ford gt, which i think is more of a marketing ploy than an actual production car). And the mosler photon , blah blah blah and the other 50 super kit cars made here. but saleen s7 > those

but im hoping for a ferrari ripoff, i mean they are already the right colors. probably 80 percent of ferraris are red or yellow, seems only right

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Will not true we probly will get something like what classic tfs will be in the first wave

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I am just stoked that the Classics are being rereleased.
    It really sucked that the Titaniums were cancelled but if another Classics line comes from it than all the better.

I hope if Hasbro is going to do characters with the same bidy type that they at least do different head sculpts.