Sideswipe, Jolt, and Arcee the Redshirts of ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alll we seem to hear about are the hill billy twins and how Bay loves them. I'm starting to think Sideswipe, Jolt and Arcee (and her sisters) are redshirts who will not have screen time due the twins taking it away. I'm also worried that even guys from the first movie will be robbed because these twins will be jammed down our throats. I asked Bob how much screen time Sideswipe woud get and he never answered which leads to my fear of him being a bit player.

2. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I hope at least Sideswipe will get some decent action. He looks just badass. But I worry that he will suffer the same fate as Jazz...

3. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

he never answered when I asked the same question! :-S

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Bay doesn't love the twins, Bumblebee is his favourite. That was an error.

I hardly doubt Sideswipe, Arcee and Jolt will just die. Jolt was a last minute addition from GM, and Sideswipe seems to be one of the main 'bots as well. Sideswipe is like Bumblebee, in that he's the new car. Bumblbee's still Bumblbee, though.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i have a feeling Jolt is cannon fodder. but Sideswipe, i just don't think they'll kill him.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Where did you get that info because on the 2 subjects Bay talks about 2 individuals being his favorite funny and irreverant and bumble bee is only mildly funny .

secondly Bob confirmed on these boards they wanted Jolt in there prior and just had to convince Bay to do so. GM sounds like they didnt put the big push on to get him there but it was the writers who did.

as for quick meaning less deaths I would only need mention Jazz. If he can do it to Jazz he will most certainly do it to any of the new cast.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Just because Bob doesn't respond, doesn't mean you need to jump to conclusions. I read that thread on occasion. Most his answers are Vague and can be uninformative. Point being, he may not wanna let out info on stuff. He may be a BIG player in the movie, which is why he doesn't wanna ruin that for us either.

Judging by the production shots of him on multiple locations...and the fact they hardly show him in the trailer...makes me believe he is gonna be around a lot. He won't be cannon fodder... The fact Arcee is taking a plunge was his personal preference towards the character of her. And Jolt...a late addition that no one really knows about.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you ask me...they won't take Sideswipe out. Now Sideways on the other hand...I get the feeling he is gonna eat it in that chase scene...

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, Bob Orci did comment on Sideswipe re: Twins taking the spotlight.

Indeed the omens are ill...

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I think it was hinted elsewhere that the twins end up doing something quite heroic.

10. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read the goddamn interview. It's as plain as day; Bumblebee is his favorite: "Such acting innovations have also helped a big breakout robot from the original "Transformers" film, who Bay insisted remains his favorite Transformer of the group. "Bumblebee is great in this movie," he promised." (font changed to make the obvious even more obvious)

11. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

Maybe Silver bots on Cybertron just die a lot.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we don't see too much from the remaining bots before the movie comes out.

Surprise is the key.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that stinks!!!!

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Im sorry i must have read the part WERE HE SAYS THE SAME GODDAMN THING about the other 2 :) 

like anyone in holly wood can be trusted.

15. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Good point! Expect anyone to die!

16. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I asked orci similiar qestions but in reference to ironhide, and got no response. He's my fav and along with sideswipe, deserves some spotlight.

17. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

the way I see it, Sideswipe seems to be like a replacement of Jazz (both are silver sport cars). It will be a real shame if he dies

18. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I cannot honestly see Sideswipe getting killed. Jolt, however, I might see him getting offed. But if Bay actually has the balls to kill off Arcee, let's just say he's gonna be called a sexist more if that happens, IMO.

19. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I can see Jolt biting it. He was the last-minute addition, after all, so him having a major role seems about as likely as me winning the National Lottery. As for Arcee, I'm still hoping that's all part of the "misinformation campaign" and it isn't just Michael Bay being a horse's arse.

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I can guarantee you that we'll get at some cool shots of Sideswipe and Jolt driving around in vehicle mode - Don't forget, GM wants to showcase their new cars.

Arcee will likely be ignored. They are custom bikes: the general public can't buy those so they have no place in the giant car commercial that is the Michael Bay TF movie franchise.