Sideswipe inclusion do to ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 20, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I misspelled due, argh!!!!!!!!!

First off I'm a huge Sideswipe fan. But think about this. If High Moon wanted another scout character for the story mode why not add Jazz or Prowl? I know High Moon says this game uses the G1 cartoon as a template but Jazz had more screen time than Sideswipe in the toon. In the current IDW line Jazz played a big role in the first half of AHM. I mention this because HM is using elements from the comics (ex: Stunticons and Aerialbots already on Cybertron). Jazz is more well known to the casual fan than say Sideswipe. In the DK guide written by Furman, Jazz is one of the core characters along with Bee, Ratchet and Prowl.

Speaking of Prowl, he probably had the same amount of time in toon as Sideswipe. Late in the Marvel run he became important, was important in DW and plays a huge role currently in IDW. Again in the DK guide by Furman he's one of the core characters with Jazz, Bee and Ratchet. And by core characters him, Jazz, Bee and Prowl are listed as sub commanders/lieutenants.

My conclusion is that Sideswipe was probably added due to the ROTF. While I'm thankful I can't help but wonder why 2 key figures such as Prowl and Jazz were left out of story mode as playable characters. Leaving this 2 out would be like not having Thundercracker and Skywarp. Thoughts?

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well, I don't believe we won't see them in missions at all, probably as cameos for the initial release. With that said though, I don't see how they could pass using them up in some DLC down the road expanding on the events taking place within the game.

3. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

This must happen, PRIMUS SCREAMS for this!

4. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

It wouldn't make sense for them not to, they could be like "Mission *.5" and show a tiny lil snip from the normal game for the original mission but then cut to "Elsewhere on Cybertron...."

Don't mean to hog a thread, just kinda giddy since my wife of all people reminded me to go and put a few bucks more on my reserve tomorrow.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They said they would be supporting the game after launch, so I really wouldn't be surprised if we see some DLC characters.

6. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But look at it this way: he's a red car that goes fast. By high school rules, that gives him universal popularity. Ladies want him and men want to drive him.

As for why he got the nod over Prowl and Jazz, possibly because of his character. The roster needed a rebel, and Sideswipe's known to be one. Both Prowl and Jazz are known for being competent second-in-command types. But the game already has Ironhide for the second-in-command role. And Jazz's "coolness" and hot-shot style seems to be something Bumblebee is co-opting in this itineration. Also, how can you play up his love for Earth culture on Cybertron?

7. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Jazz could have replaced Sideswipe in the campaign, but think about this: How many people would go out of their way to pre-order the game just for Sideswipe as opposed to Jazz? They're keeping the fan favorites like Jazz and Shockwave out of campaign mode so they could use them to get pre-orders. Chances are you might end up hearing about Grimlock being a Wal-Mart exclusive next week for just that reason, too.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    High Moon Studios hasn't shown us everything, though it feels like it. I sort of wish they didn't show us Trypticon or Omega Supreme, as I think these bosses will never be topped in the game.

Zeta Prime DIES in this game. Any Autobot that is a key figure is bound to show up the moment Optimus, Ratchet and Bumblebee huddle around Zeta's fallen body--we see several silhouettes shielded by darkness in the newest trailer.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I don't understand what ROTF has to do with this game. This game has more to do with G1 than the Movieverse.

10. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes i definitely would think that the movie influenced sideswipes inclusion as well as barricade and brawl, and bumblebee's, ratchet's and ironhide's increased prominence. yes, they all look more like g1 selves but their roles have clearly been altered thanks to the bayverse. We have to remember that this game is not made just for the g1 fanboys, they have to appeal to the new fans who only know the movies too. And it's not just the movies they're pulling out of, as we've seen with slipstream and demolisher.

And if you're not use to a billion different continuities, origin stories, and retcons by now then what franchise have you been following the past 25 years? lol

11. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I agree he's in it cause of the bay movies

12. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Jazz was in the movies, too, and had a much bigger part.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm personally a bit disappointed that they're using Sideswipe with no sign of his bro. I personally was hoping for him to be Red Alert, the paranoid freak doesn't get enough love.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Obviously there's a conspiracy at the heart of this.

15. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put some more thought into this. Jazz's whole gimmick does not work pre-earth. I doubt there is even a cybertronian equivalent to the word "Jazz". So yeah I would say him and prowl(police car on an alien planet at war?) both got set back for being too "earth concept"

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's entirely possible that ROTF had a hand in his inclusion (I mean, did anyone think we'd see Barricade?), but its equally possible that he's in WFC for the same reason Sideswipe's in ROTF: He's a relatively popular character that fills a pretty easy niche for the Autobots, and he's had a long history in the TF franchise.