Sidecutter's Quick and Dirty Guide to Eating Near BotCon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Sidecutter, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sidecutter's Quick and Dirty Guide to Eating CHEAP Near BotCon

While there are many restaurants and bars both at the Dolphin and Swan Resort and on the disney property, such as Downtown Disney, they can tend to be rather expensive if you're on a budget. To that end, some of us may be looking for more affordable fast food and casual dining options that are not too far away.

To that end, I've prepared a quick guide, with maps, showing where many, many options can be found with only a short, simple drive that should be manageable even for those not familiar with the area.

To get to all of these, you need to head South on World Dr. World Drive is the main North-South road that runs down the west side of the Swan and Dolphin resort. To reach it, take a right onto Buena Vista Dr. from Epcot Resorts Blvd (the road into the hotels). Then take the entrance ramp onto World Dr. South. This map shows the exit from the Dolphin and Swan marked in blue.

[​IMG]

Continue South two interchanges (do not get off at the first one, which is Osceola) to W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. The route is marked in blue on the map here:

[​IMG]

From this point, you can either head to the right, to head West, or left, to head East. From what I understand, if you want the Wal-Mart it is to the west. I'm not guaranteeing that though.

If you head West, the road will angle North shortly. You'll find all the following restaurants in what looks like about a two mile stretch. The last one is the Chick-Fil-A, so if you hit that, you can turn around. This direction choice is represented by the Green markings on the map.

-Angel's Diner & Bakery
    -Bob Evans
    -Perkins
    -Black Angus Steakhouse
    -Edy's Ice Cream
    -Armando's Pizza
    -IHOP
    -Ponderosa
    -Sizzler
    -Allie's Familiy Restaurant
    -Passage to India
    -McDonald's
    -Shoney's
    -Kool's Oak Fire Grill
    -Wildside
    -Waffle House
    -Golden Corral
    -Burger King
    -Taco Bell
    -Greenhouse Restaurant
    -Red Lobster
    -TGI Friday's
    -Take Japanese Restaurant
    -Cracker Barrel
    -Giordano's
    -Carrabba's Italian Grill
    -Sakura Asian Fusion
    -Chick-Fil-A

Purple Path: If you choose to head East instead, you'll need to drive just a little bit to get past the I4 interchange, which looks to be about a mile East from World Dr. Once you pass I4, you'll come to a developed area around the 192 interchange.

Here are the establishments located on the purple route on the map:

West of 192:
    -McDonald's
    -KFC
    -Red Lobster
    -Stadium Bar & Chop House
    -Ponderosa Steakhouse
    -I C Pizza Buffet
    -Pacino's Italian Ristorante
    -Flippers Pizza
    -Checker's (AKA Rally's in the north)
    -Kool Katz Grill & Pub
    -Denny's
    -Bennigan's Grill & Tavern
    -Logan's Roadhouse
    -Oasis Smokehouse Grill

East of 192:
    -Waffle House
    -Chick-Fil-A
    -IHOP
    -Boston Lobster Feast
    -Angelina's Italian
    -Le China
    -Golden Corral
    -Subway
    -Wendy's
    -Kobe Japanese Steak House
    -Charley's Steak House & Seafood Grill

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Black angus... There will be beef. Oh yes, there will be beef.

3. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Awesome info, have to print this out. Thanks!

4. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info! Big help!

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had a quick look a few weeks ago and I believe there is also a Denny's to the West in that clump of eateries. Oh and there's a Hooters about 5 miles in a different direction.

6. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

On the Green Path their is also a Carraba's, Outback and Cracker Barrel! All on the left hand side. Carraba's is a little bit ahead. I've been to all of them. Also if you take Buena Vista Drive East passt Downtown Disney, where the road ends it meets State Road 535. If you cross into the shopping center directly across their is a McDonald's and a Buffalo Wild Wings and your closest Supermarket if you need anything. If you hang a left you'll find a B.K., Ale House and a Chili's. If you hang a right and go under the I-4 overpass you'll see a Golden Coral on your left and a Wendy's just passed that on your right.

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

For those planning on buying adult beverages. Orlando, Kissimmee, Lake Buena Vista, etc stops selling liquor/beer very early if you are buying it at a supermarket or liquor store (11pm I believe)and they require ID from everyone in your party. If you go to buy liquor with 3 people they want to see 3 ID's. They will not sell it to you if they only see one.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For those of us staying at the Dolphin / Swan, how easy will it be to access these places without a car?

9. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Inside Disney property you do not need a car. Disney resort guests can get around on Disney buses. You can go to the theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney with their buses. To get to anything off Disney property you will need your vehicle or taxi. All these restaurants are off Disney property, so you'll need your car.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

There's also Mcdonalds and the Rainforrest Cafe in Downtown Disney as well.

11. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    The outback wasn't on the maps. The Carraba's and the Cracker Barrel to the west side of Word Drive I already had in the list.

12. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Sorry I guess I missed the Cracker Barrel and Carraba's west of World Drive. The Outback I guess is new then. I went there last time I was up there about a month ago I hadn't seen it the time before that.

13. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MMM. Sizzler. Love Sizzler but to bad Swan and Dolphin have no shuttles to anywhere but Downtown Disney.

14. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Yeah, I'm staying at the Dolphin and am not renting a car. Is there anywhere to buy off-sale alcohol without having to take a cab?

15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Most of the hotels have bars near the pool. You can always buy a drink there. If you are looking for a bottle to take back to your room that is going to be a little more difficult. Most hotels will sell alcohol but they sell you the small bottles that are only for about one person. If you are looking for a liter or the 1.75 liter to share with friends you are probably going to have to leave Disney property. In all the years that I've been going to Disney I've never seen a liquor store on DIsney property. It will probably be cheaper too. Disney can be very expensive as you will soon find out if you've never been there.

16. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I'll be driving down and will likely make some drink runs so shouldn't be a problem. Was there a package store on that map?

17. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I would wager that somewhere in that stretch is a liquor store, but I can't promise that. Google doesn't really pick out booze botiques on their list of food places...

18. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    That map will be very helpful for you when you do a food run for the party!!!!;) 

19. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cracker barrel that the place for breakfast......

20. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Your party, you do the food run. :D  I'll be expecting to be provided with booze too. And don't you dare cheap out like last year with that Great Value brand rum!