Sidecutter's Hall of Robots (OMFG 74 pics!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Sidecutter, May 30, 2010.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, it's been a few years since I've put up new pics of my collection, so i figured it was about time. Minimal commentary on my part. I'm simply going to list what's visible in each shot (or at least what each shot's subject is) and call out some noteworthy items if there are any.

Any questions about anything you see are welcome, but NONE OF THIS is for sale, just to head that off at the pass...

Outside of the door. This is the promotional 24x36 poster, not the mass release one.
    [​IMG]

Of note here: A second copy of Sentinel Prime...and a lot of the rest, actually. All sealed/unopened duplicate convention and club toys.
    [​IMG]

BotCon box sets (yes, with the figures inside)
    [​IMG]

Music Label, Sports Label, Cybertron/Galaxy Force Autobots shelf 1.
    [​IMG]

More Music and Sports Label, Cybertron/Galaxy Force Decepticons shelf 1. Of note here, Chromia and Noisemaze Production Type.
    [​IMG]

25th Anniversary MP Prime.
    [​IMG]

Cybertron/Galaxy Force Decepticons shelf 2. Classics.
    [​IMG]

Cybertron/Galaxy Force Autobots shelf 2 and Robotmasters. Of note, Coby Ramble.
    [​IMG]

Cobras, Crimson Brigade, Titanium 6".
    [​IMG]

Viper and Iron Grenadier squads, Brave Saga.
    [​IMG]

Signed Animated Bumblebee, mailaway Recon Ravage, First Day RotF Soundwave.
    [​IMG]

Signed Animated Optimus Prime, BotCon 2003 Decepticon Plate, playing cards. And a Movie Longarm. How could I not buy one and keep it sealed when it has my NAME painted on the doors? :D 
    [​IMG]

Custom Razorblaze and Sidecutter figures. CHP Prowl. Aveo Swerve. BW Color-change glass.
    [​IMG]

Movie Autobots Shelf 1, Movie Decepticons Shelf 2. Of note here, clear Reentry Starscream and Gunbarrel.
    [​IMG]

Movie Decepticons Shelf 1, Movie Autobots shelf 2. Of note here, Reverb, Backtrack, G1 colors Arcee, black Arcee, and clear Reentry Optimus Prime.
    [​IMG]

ROTF Autobots Shelf 1, Decepticons shelf 2.
    [​IMG]

ROTF Decepticons Shelf 1, Autobots shelf 2.
    [​IMG]

Armada/Micron Legend Minicons, including all the X-Dimension sets and several of the promotional and DVD figures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Device Label.
    [​IMG]

Telemocha.
    [​IMG]

Decepticon PVCs.
    [​IMG]

Autobot PVCs.
    [​IMG]

THS-01, THS-02, THS-02B, SWTF Darth Vader, Mugenpahroah, Optimus Prime Voice Changer (supported by the 2007 hasbro bus prize beach ball). And assorted carded exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Energon/Superlink Decepticons Shelf 1, Autobots Shelf 2. Of note in the energon collection is a complete set of the individually available Energon weapons, as well as all the Japanese Special-type Terrorcons.
    [​IMG]

Energon/Superlink Autobots shelf 1, Decepticons shelf 2.
    [​IMG]

Universe Shelf 2, Alternity.
    [​IMG]

Universe Shelf 1, Binaltech Shelf 2.
    [​IMG]

WSTF, Costco Prime.Overload, Jetfire, K-Mart Prime, Powerlinx Prime, Laserbeak, Superlink Tidalwave, Brave Maximus w/repro weapons, and assorted exclusives.
    [​IMG]

TFCR Fire Convoy and God Magnus, Sam;s Club RiD Prime and Ultra Magnus, WSTF, assorted exclusives. Of note, CybCon 2002 Exclusive pack on the wall.
    [​IMG]

Car Robots/RiD Decepticons, Armada/Micron Legend Autobots.
    [​IMG]

Armada/Micron Legend Decepticons, Alternity, Kissplayers, Alternators
    [​IMG]

Omega Surpreme, Omega Sentinel, Supreme Starscream, assorted exclusives, Beast Riders.
    [​IMG]

Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars Metals. Of note, black and flash LioConvoys, God Neptune, white and black Lio Jr, puzzle Rattrap, Black Big Convoy, and X-9 Jaguar.
    [​IMG]

Car Robots/RiD Autobots, Binaltech Shelf 2. Of note, clear Super Spychangers, Jusco Wrecker Hook and Indy Heat.
    [​IMG]

Takotank, Supreme Cheetor, Air Attack Optimus Primal, Fortress Maximus, OpOp, Nightscream, mutants, and various exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Beast Wars Predacons shelf 1, Maximals shelf 2. Of note, purple alligator Megatron.
    [​IMG]

Beast Machines Vehicons, Animated Shelf 3.
    [​IMG]

Victory Saber, Trypticon, rocket base, various exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Beast Wars Maximals shelf 1, Predacons shelf 2. Of note, red bat Optimus Primal, burning and clear Beast Convoy.
    [​IMG]

Beast Machines Maximals, Animated shelf 2.
    [​IMG]

Scorponok, Metroplex, Metroplex reissue, Predaking reissue, assorted exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Star Convoy reissue, Sky Garry and Sky Lynx (originals), Omega Supreme, Omega Supreme reissue.
    [​IMG]

Assorted exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Generation 1 Decepticons. of note, European yellow Constructicons.
    [​IMG]

G1 Decepticon reissues, including chase versions of Sixbuilder and Sixturbo.
    [​IMG]

Generation 2/Machine Wars Decepticons. of note, Japanese Go-Bot Soundwave.
    [​IMG]

Animated shelf 1.
    [​IMG]

Wide view of this part of the room.
    [​IMG]

Generation 1 Autobots. Of note, original Landcross and Salt-Man Z jumpstarter, a Twintwist recolor.
    [​IMG]

Reissue G1 Autobots, including Landcross and Micromaster chase Versions.
    [​IMG]

Generation 2/Machine Wars Autobots.
    [​IMG]

Macross/Robotech Valkyries/Veritechs.
    [​IMG]

BotCon 2008 and 2009 exclusives.
    [​IMG]

Microman!
    [​IMG]

Universe 2.0 Decepticons.
    [​IMG]

Henkei (with a couple Universe 2.0 figs). Of note, Strafe, Electro Disruptor Ligier, Thrust, Dirge, Crystal Convoy.
    [​IMG]

Universe 2.0 Autobots.
    [​IMG]

Club Exclusives.
    [​IMG]

BotCon 2006 and 2007 Exclusives.
    [​IMG]

BotCon 1996, 1998, Japan 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, Europe 2002, 2005, and OTFCC 2003 and 2004 exclusives..
    [​IMG]

Masterpiece Autobots.
    [​IMG]

Masterpiece Decepticons.
    [​IMG]

Armada Unicron, Micron Boosters, Reveoltech Hot Rodimus, Starscream, and Megatron. Primus w/Unicron Head, Energon Unicron, and Galaxy Force clear Convoy set.
    [​IMG]

Special release reissue Autobots.
    [​IMG]

Special release reissue Decepticons. Of note: show exclusive Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Skywarp, and Thundercracker.
    [​IMG]

BotCon/OTFCC badges and some sealed figure duplicates.
    [​IMG]

Sealed BotCon/club figure duplicates. Of note, unopened/unassembled Scrapmetal kit.
    [​IMG]

BotCon 2008 Megatron & Rodimus w/Divebomb.
    [​IMG]

BotCon 2006 Megatron & Waspinator.
    [​IMG]

And just for kicks, some Kamen Rider.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man thats a awesome collection man man man just awesome collection

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Just so ya know, the 'rocket base' is countdown. Nice collection u have there though!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    SC, you've got such a nice collection! You've got so many really super-cool pieces. One of the things that I think is cool that communicates simply by your collection is how involved in the fandom you are and that you have been for quite a while. :) 

I was about to ask about the Countdown as it looks like it's customized. What's the story there?

Also, could you discuss those plexiglass cases like the one your custom Alt Prowl is in? Those are really nice :) 

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^ Well fcuk me! :eek: 

Awesome awesome drool-worthy collection there, SC, dude! :D 

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Holy guacamole. Amazing collection!

So... can you name a TF you DON'T have?

7. Menasor81

Menasor81 Well-Known Member

wt fudge, at a loss for words, its like a euphoria that cant be described jealous indeed that is a impressive collection my friend

8. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Love the small cases, great idea! Nice setup too! Any possibility of getting a full room shot? Based on the way your shelving looks I bet it is awesome!

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    cool to finally see it SC, see you in the hub.

/data.,

and what..no shining Magnus ??

10. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Actually, Countdown is the Micromaster that came with the rocket base. :D 

I think I picked up collecting Transformers (again) in 1998. I know some of the first things I got new from a store at the time were the Machine Wars toys, and they disappeared from KB not long after I got the last of them. It took me a year or two to really gain an aesthetic appreciation for Beast Wars toys, too, and my early ones of those were the Transmetals, due to their more traditional feel.

No customizing on the rocket base, actually. Straight from the box to that shelf. He's the Italian release and I got him sealed for about $75 a few years ago at the con. No differences from the US release that I know of, except that his name on the box is "Uranius". The armored vehicle that came with Groundshaker, that you can see a bit to the left of Countdown's rocket base, is actually the Japanese version. Came with a car instead of the jet.

As for those various little cases, those all came from the Container Store. They have a good variety, and are reasonably affordable. They do go on sale sometimes, which is even better. A few links:

I don't have anything in these currently but they're great for WSTF

This is the case the CHP Prowl is displayed in

The larger cubes of these hold a few PVCs. The medium size cubes can hold the Kaiyodo mini-busts from a few years back perfectly. The WSTF VSX set is in one of the hockey puck cases.

The Mini-Cons and Kamen Rider Ryuki are in these

Kamen Rider Ouja's case

Kamen Rider Zolda and Chevy Aveo Swerve are in this case

WSTF Dinobots are in this one. There's a smaller version, item # 10047943 that the official WSTF are in

Hmmmm. Have to see what I can do. The room is actually in kind of a U-shape with the shelving.

Shining Magnus? :D  Actually a fair bit of G1, and especially the foreign G1 stuff we never got. I could go through my collection list and point out a fair bit of stuff I don't have. The main reason for that is that I collect on a "signifigant variations" version of completism. For example, I don't feel the need to have both an original G1 Thrust and the reissue, as long as I have an official Has/Tak toy of G1 Thrust, and I don't need both the original CR Spychangers (I bought most of Car Robots before we knew it was getting imported) and the US versions when there's almost no difference. I actually skipped out on a fair part of RiD due to that. I have no problem buying the same mold repeatedly though as long as you can look at each version and identify them from the others without getting into minutiae.

Not yet! Didn't get him when he was new, but eventually, no doubt...that thing is stupid expensive now.

11. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great collection and very well organized! What is that PVC white Cyclonus? Also the unassembled Scrapmetal, is that from a customizing class at Botcon?

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Extremely nice. How do you keep all that dust-free?

13. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Heh! Good eye. That white PVC Cyclonus is a repaint I did myself to copy the colors of the white "Cyklanus" bootleg into a PVC. His detail bits of color where the stickers go actually are stickers based on the original toy's, and were all made and printed on normal paper (not too hard, he really just has blocks of color, so I was able to size a square brush to several pixels wide, and place the correct color blocks in the right patterns).

The Scrapmetal, yes, that's the second copy from the BotCon 2006 custom class, the only time we ever did get second copies to keep unbuilt. There's 50 or less of those in existence. I'd wager on less because I'm quite sure some of the participants built both their kits instead of keeping one pair (each kit builds 2 figures) unused.

You really don't, honestly. You do some maintenance on that front as the opportunity presents itself, but when it's a multi-day project to break down and dust your collection and shelves you realize what a futile exercise it really is. Instead, I do what I can to limit dust in the room, including keeping the door shut and as tight as possible (note the weatherstrip around the door).

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the room is light by three 2-bulb 48" flourescent shop light fixtures on the ceiling, you can see bits of them in some pics. I use 40 watt full spectrum, high color temperature bulbs in them, with a CRI (Color Rendering Index, basically, how much of the spectrum they show you compared to pure sunlight) of 90% or higher. That makes sure all the colors of the toys look exactly like they should. The lights are turned off when no one is in the room to prevent yellowing issues, and a pair of small 40W equivilent LED bulbs in that can light on the ceiling give me enough light to maneuver to the switch that controls the main lighting.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sidecutter, none of those links are working :( 

15. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    The links are working fine. It's their site that appears to be having some kind of failure right now. :D 

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

:jawdropper: 

OMFG... that is a collection of all TF fans' dreams...

17. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I gotta say, it really makes me grin to see everyone enjoying my collection as much as I do. :D  Thanks fellas!

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I finally got to see this thread. It was killing my home computer :lol . Really really cool.