Sick of these interviews!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kenji, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

These interviews since the announcement have all been the same! Can we get more tech sided questions atleast or questions on DLC or Special editions?

Questions I would ask:
    Is there going to be Steam Support?
    Is there going to be Story DLC and Multiplayer DLC?

And I know Multiplayer cant be talked about yet...

But the question that has to be asked is:

Is it going to be P2P gaming for PC?

What questions would you ask?

2. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

How many playable characters are in the PS3/360/PC Version ?

Has the game a Open world or are there map based levels like in the ROTF Game ?

How long does it roughly take to complete the game ?

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that it is boring to hear the same answers to the same questions, as if each interviewer--which happen days/weeks after the other--never heard the other guys interview.

It would be nice to get a few interviews in which, the interviewers picked up where the previous person left off, filling in the gaps.

Now I know there are going to be questions left unanswered, and that's fine. Let the developer screw themselves by not telling the readers/listeners what they want to hear. Heck, some of the questions heard early on might actually benefit the game while it's still in the development stages.

Transformers: War For Cybertron has been getting a lot of FREE commercial time for the game. Isn't it about time they've paid for it with real information: such as the numbers of playable characters from the games start; returning G1 voice actors, new voice actors and the characters they’re playing; offline play features: number of levels, modes, the extent of support after its release, the create your own character feature (such as robot body types and alternate modes); the number of different game versions (standard, special editions, exclusives, etc.) and whatever other questions gamers want to hear.

4. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i cant get enough wfc info

5. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I'm for one am tired of all the speculation about this game.

All we get is the same answers for every interview, at least we get new game footage on top of that.

I'm ready for some fully rendered CGI character pictures!!!

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree, the interviews do seem a bit repetitive.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed new info. Atleast do like the ds and say how big the roster is.

8. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Although I agree that the interviews are getting a tad repeditive, I still prefer this over being told pretty much everything about the game. The less we know the more surprised we'll be when it comes out.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Patience? What?

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The reason we are getting the same stuff in the interviews every time is because they held a single press event, and all the sites are repeating the info they all got from the same event. If 20 sites went to the same event with the same carefully released info, we get 20 interviews and articles with the same info. Be patient, we'll get more.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Gameinformer.com gave us a lot of the repeated info way back in December when they were the ONLY ONES getting news, it was their month long exclusive coverage, you know?

There are times when interviewers go to the same press events and report the same stories, I know, but these interviewers are reporting the same news again and again, days/weeks after each other.

What happened to interviewers interested in asking questions about everything? All of these interviews feel like the interviewer put a mic in front of High Moon Studios and let them say what they wanted to say. I'm not feeling the interviewer(s) pushed for anything in these interviews. At all.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Is there local multiplayer?

13. GogDog

News Credits:
    Well, if you read our coverage/listened to the podcast audio interview from Seth, you would know that the interview was given by Matt Teiger, and behind him were two PR people from Activision, and any time he started to say anything that they didn't want him to, they shut him up. So yeah, I agree that the lack of info sucks, but it's the direct action of Activision who is carefully controlling all information coming out of High Moon. There are plenty of people asking questions, but the questions are getting shot down.

14. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well, I like surprises. I would like it to go like Smash Bros Brawl did where you play the campaign and there are 6 or so characters not announced until the game came out and you found the characters in the story

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I know these things happen. Rather than editing that part out, I'd rather the interviewer keep it on record. These interviews sound too good, they look favorable towards Activision and High Moon Studios. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but they aren't perfect. I want to hear them say what they aren't going to talk about, the questions they don't want to answer.

We know more about Hollywood movies that are this far along in production than we do video games. We know cast members, the rolls their playing and a good idea of the story (yeah, we know gist of War For Cybertron). We even get to hear the occassional actor/director slip ups no and than.

I want to hear interviews that sound like interviews, not one guy talking into a mic. Pauses, no comments and smiles should be documented for the reader--let them help you with their letter writting, calling or whatever it is that they do with their need to know.

I don't need to know everything about this game. I do want to be surprised. But there is actually pretty little know about this game. We should at least be able to know the cast (playable characters and the actors playing them). Why are they so tight lipped about that?

Why shouldn't we know about all of the different game modes? I don't care if they still haven't worked out all the kinks. They can give us the gist of what is working and surprises us with things they'er trying to get work in these final days. We know nothing about the create your own character feature. Why can't they talk about that? A little information would be nice.

I'm grateful these interviews have all been posted on the net, as I would have been pissed if I paid money to read the same info over and over again. I would have canceled subscriptions over crap like that. I don't need yesterday’s news, and neither should the interviewer. These guys are giving free advertising! If they can't pay with new info, don't run their story.

16. GogDog

News Credits:
    I agree, unfortunately, this is how the industry works, and unless every VG publication fights back at the same time, nothing will change. In the end, game publishers have the control, using both the information flow, and advertising dollars (see: Jeff Gertsmann) in order to demand whatever they want.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happened to Jeff is unfortunate. I commend him from sticking to his guns and not the dollars funding his former employer—sounds like he was the real deal. It’s a shame his employer wouldn’t do the same for him. Buying favoritism is crap. If you can’t get friends/support on your own merits, you don’t deserve them/it.

Reporters/interviewers do what they do to get information, and sometimes the questions asked aren’t always favorable to the person being asked, but it’s a part of the vetting process they need to face; heaven forbid we they should discover the real you. Fear of termination shouldn't detour the one asking questions from reporting real news.

These past few interviewers have been fed crap and they're eating it by the mouthfuls.

18. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

In a few months it won't even matter. :) 

19. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Fuck it, just give me a playable demo already.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But how else will we learn that they wanted Warpath to be in the game, so they put him in the game?