Shuttle Attack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Actually the funny thing is that the events we saw in season three aren't necessarily part of what's been called a "causality" loop

2. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate this scene! Four of my favorite characters bite the dust ten minutes into the movie. I always thought emergency separation of the shuttle made sense.

3. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Really? Then why did A3 momentarily turn into Alpha Trion and tell Superion that he needed to live for them to exist? I assumed he said this because he needed to be there to change Orion into Optimus and later on sacrifice himself to give the Aerialbots life.

4. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I just realized the name of this scene could be translated as "Shingeki no Shyatturu".

How has there not been a Transformers/Attack on Titan mashup yet.

Somebody please make this a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Altered Prime

because by that point it was necessary but it wasn't always necessary that's why does differs from the issue with Optimus prime's creation

For optimus to come in to be, in the car to history anyway, the area boss have to be inside that loop for the rest of history falls apart

On the other hand it's equipped to sound had never gone back in time and tried to stop the the revolution by taking A3 , and as a result A3 meeting future autobots, The revolution still would've happened without the events that we learn in the lives of
    And it's not like he really would've known any of that stuff if that point

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  6. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

This what Combiner Wars should have been.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BumblebeeFan71

I really can't understand what you mean. I'm not too good with following time travel logic, so I really have no idea what you're talking about. So... I give up. Both because I'm confused and that this is getting off topic.

8. Altered Prime

Sorry there were a number of typos in that post so I'll try to clear up the difference and if you like we can continue and if not you can just let it drop

The aerialbots are a intricate part of the "creation" of Optimus prime, if not for them Alpha may never have repaired Orion and turned him into Optimus .....the actions of Silverbolt and the others lead to a huge point in history and without those actions history falls apart

that's where the 2 stories differ from each other

In the other case, nothing the aerialbots or other future characters did lead to anything that was not already in motion

A3 was already on his was to meet Beta and start the revolt, he already had the device that was going to stop the dark guardians, they had already had plans to overthrow the quits

So we with or without The intervention of the future characters the events the revolt would still accur ......A3 would lead the revolt and years later would take the name Alpha Trion.

so not a time loop.On the other hand without the intervention of the aerialbotas ,Optimus would have never been created and then he could never create the aerialbots

that is called a time causality loop

9. BumblebeeFan71

Okay, I think I get it now. Thanks, your explanation finally helped me get a good picture of it. I always get pretty confused when time travel is involved.

10. Altered Prime

A lot of people do, me being a Trekkie helps

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    There were storyboards showing that the Decepticons managed to hide in an asteroid field, thus surprising the shuttle crew. Cannot remember if it was just cut for time, or other reasons though.

12. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    1) Soundwave jamming
    2) Asteroids
    3)Communications capability
    4)External damage to the shuttle may have cut-off the receiver/transmitter from the antenna.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JLvatron

JLvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the A-Team? :D 

Dare?
    Touch?

Let's keep this music theme going! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I just assume Soundwave had dispatched his cassettes to "jam that transmission" and rip off the communicatons array like they did in Autobot City seconds before the rest of the Cons blasted their way in the shuttle. In the footage, the shuttle does rock a bit before the blast so that could be Rumble and the others hitting the roof of the shuttle.

15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Soundwave could easily have jammed communications. He took out the Autobot City communications, albeit too late, but Soundwave and the tapes could easily have done that from the outside. The Autobots could have tried to send an SOS when Brawn charged the Decepticons. That's when we saw the others spring into action.

16. The Smirker

The Smirker Drifting is my game.

Well, in the early script, I think they do manage to get a signal, but I think with there ships coming in and out it's hard to tell, plus I think hot rod shouted while firing at the shuttle it was for ironhide. I think you'd probably have to do a lot of things to send up a signal, I mean, you're far away from home base or anywhere and you're being shot at one by one, and you're not thinking about sending a signal since it'd make sense to disable it in the first place, most probably damaged by the insecticins since they didn't do anything in that scene and would be best to do that. You're also wondering when to attack, how to attack, can I survive, I mean, just a lot to think of and it was already to late for the shuttle, also anybody HUNGRY for a whopper fish?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  17. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

They were too focused on the cons to even snap to contact autobot city. Although i think the cons jammed their transmissions anyways so they probably could not even if they wanted too.

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    To go one deeper and answer your question with another question, why didn't Autobot City have any kind've air traffic controller to confirm inbound arrivals before allowing them into their airspace?

19. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

The BIG question is, how did the Decepticons become such great shots? :confused:  The first two seasons with their marksmanship they couldn't hit the broadside of Broadside! Now on the shuttle they could hit their targets? :eek:  must of did alot of practicing before the shuttle attack. :) 

(And just to be on the safe side, yes i know Broadside wasn't in rhe first two seasons)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Always in someone's corner

News Credits:
    They DID have 20 years to hone their skills. ;) 

• Like Like x 2