Shuttle Attack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

I am sure there a like a million threads about the Shuttle Attack, but I have a question that always got me thinking while watching the scene, when the Cons hijacked the shuttle, and went awol on the Autobots and killing without mercy and without hesitation (basically it was 2 years of rage build inside them). Right before Ironhide and Ratchet returned fire, why didn't they contacted Autobot City about a possible incoming Decepticon attack? That way the Autobots stationed on Earth, would have had plenty of time to get ready and have Autobot City transformed in time. Metroplex's transformation cog would never had gotten damaged and they would have planned a better counter attack. I know this was just a way to get rid of the old toys and introduce the new toys, but let's eliminate the whole "old toys/new toys thing" for a moment, wouldn't the Autobots have a better chance?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would completely change the story.

As for a story reason why they didn't send a distress signal. They were caught off guard and fighting back was the first thing they thought of.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AMG

AMG Old School

They were under fire. I believe their instinctive reaction was to return fire immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Fighting back was probably their best bet.

Everyone always says that the Autobots dying easily is an error but they were very low on Energon and thus very weak. They had to take their chances and fight instead of keeping their backs turned and sending a message.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    In G1 they didn't have comms in their helms/arms like the newer shows. They would have had to press the button, request audio, wait for a response....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Macross79

What about during the time when Brawn ran towards the Decepticons (stupid move on his part, charge without a weapon) and Prowl's blowing up, Ironhide and Ratchet had time to send a distress call, but instead they sat on their butts and watch their friends getting killed. I get Ironhide's whole " I am not going down without a fight", and he's the one who was itching for a fight in the first place.

7. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Aside from what everyone else is mentioned there are two things to consider

1) Soundwave was part of the invasion Force and just as he did on Earth later in the film Megatron would have had Soundwave jamming any distress calls or Transmissions

2) from the script the Decepticons waited to attack the shuttle until it had entered some form of asteroid field that was disrupting sensors and Communications

• Like Like x 4
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Autobots were too busy fighting to think about calling home.

2. The 'cons might have been jamming communications.

3. How was the shuttle crew supposed to know the Decepticons switched their weapons from 'stun' to 'kill' right before the movie started? They never had to worry about that stuff before. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Most likely they couldnt as well. Blaster could barely get a signal from Cybertron and he is equipped to handle those stuff. Durring the battle of Autobot city he was using boosting equipment and he was not certain even if Prime got his destress call. The shuttle didnt have either of these, plus as it has been said, Soundwave was part of the Attack force jamming such things is pieace of cake for him.

10. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

(Who cares the soundrack was BA)

• Like Like x 2
  11. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Storytelling for one, but it might not have done any good even if they'd gotten it off. Blaster needed major transmitting equipment and a big power source for an (assumedly) TFL transmission, and the shuttle didn't seem to have either.

12. Macross79

So did Optimus got Blaster's message or he simply took off right after the Ironhide and the rest took off? I'm saying this cause when Blaster sent that distress call, you see Prime landing not long after that.

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    The fight lasted a whole night before Prime arrived.

14. Altered Prime

Not long after? Actually it was the next day

And I would think yes they got blasters message

15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Yeah they got Blasters message, but they couldnt respond because Soundwave and his minions trashed the comms tower and (pressumably) Soundwave did his mumbo jumbo on interfearing with their transmissions.

16. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

If Prime hadn't received the message, they all would've looked like burnt out toaster ovens. So sayeth the prophet Blaster.

As far as Ironhide just sitting on his duff until the end. Well, it was probably in everyone's best interest if someone kept piloting the ship. Perhaps it took a moment to engage auto(bot) pilot.

17. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

I wouldn't really question it. There's a lot of things that you question in G1 due to constantly changing facts. Like why does Optimus have the matrix if we didn't see it any point prior. Why did Optimus die to a laser blast when in "War Dawn" they harmlessly bounced off his chest? Why are Autobots and Decepticons appearing out of no where or disappearing without a reason? Why was Rodimus bulletproof when Galvatron tried to shoot him? The list goes on.

Do I even dare touch upon the time travel madness with the Aerialbots?

18. Altered Prime

what time traveling Madness?

I've always said that the funny thing is that the one place you'd expect there to be trouble would be with a time-traveling story such as this one but the truth is that story and how it was presented was very clear-cut
    [

• Like Like x 1
  19. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Well, Brawn was supposed to be tough. Remember he took a direct shot to the head from Soundwave?

He doesn't use guns, he's a durable little guy that uses his fists.

I would have had him knock a few Cons down, take a few hits, knock down a couple more, then a few fatal shots.

20. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

It's more of madness because how it's a giant loop basically to insure all of them stay alive in order to garuntee the existence of the other. I'm not just referring to the Season 2 episode "War Dawn" with time travel, I'm also referring to Season 3 episode involved with time travel.

Basically you have Optimus build the Aerialbots and Alpha Trion sacrifice himself to give them life. Megatron sends the Aerialbots back in time to when Optimus was still Orion Pax. Saving Orion from death by delivering him to Alpha Trion insured Optimus would exist so he could build them in the future, thus allowing them to go back in time to save him. Then later on, you have the Quintessons messing with time travel which accidentally brings A3 to the future. The Aerialbots save A3 from death to learn he's Alpha Trion. They needed to insure that he stayed alive so he can be there to turn Orion into Optimus so that Optimus can go on to create the Aerialbots and he can sacrifice himself to give the Aerialbots life, insuring they would be able to go to the past to save Orion and later on in the future himself.

It's easy to follow, yes, but it's still quite madness to explain.