Showdowns

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    What are some classic one on one showdowns that you would like to see from G1 - If the two combatants had to fight each other once and for all to the death etc.

I have a site that features showdowns from characters of the 80s and I am looking for new showdowns to create.

I already have
    Soundwave vs Ultra Magnus
    Bumblebee vs. Starscream
    Alpha Trion vs. Unicron
    Rodimus Prime vs. Galvatron
    and of course
    Optimus Prime vs. Megatron
    (Check out my sig if you want to know who is winning each of those)

So what other classic matchups should I include? The only rule is it has to be characters from G1 to fit the websites 1980s theme...

2. luke4

luke4 crocon

soundwave and blaster..

3. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I like that one! Anyone else have any??

4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Galvatron vs. Unicron. :D 

5. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I would think that would be obvious that Unicron would win - Looking for a little more evenly matched showdowns...

6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Evenly matched showdowns? Don't you have Alpha Trion vs Unicron up there? Wht can Alpha Trion do that Galvatron can't?

7. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Good point, I forgot I included that matchup
    You are right I should not have which is evident by the fact that Unicron is winning the matchup 87% to 13% - I am trying to figure out how two people actually voted for Alpha Trion so far... haha

- Which ones would you include that I dont have so far??

Man, I thought I would get a much better response/debate on what 1 on 1 matchups people would like to see...o well

8. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    One last try - anyone have any input?

9. luke4

luke4 crocon

blasters casettes vs soundwaves casettes..

unicron vs primus...

fallen vs ??

10. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I like the cassette idea.

I would also like to involve some of the seekers but I am not sure who the best autobots are to put them against...

Also which gestalts would you put up against each other??

11. luke4

luke4 crocon

devastator vs dinobots..

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Grimlock vs. Skywarp. Based off of one of my few favorite pictures from G1. I even attempted to recreate it with my Classics toys of the two.

13. Swoop86

Swoop86 Gestalt

Predaking vs. Dinobots
    Bruticus vs. Defensor
    Cliffjumper vs. Megatron
    *edit* thought of other ones: ravage vs. steeljaw and squawkbox vs.slamdance

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion vs Unicron?

As for Fallen Vs ??? I'd go with Vector Prime.

Menasor vs Defensor
    Bruticus vs Superion
    Rumble and Frenzy vs Bumblebee and Cliffjumper
    Dinobots vs Predaking

You could open it up:

Abominus vs Pirranacon
    Lugnut (Animated) vs Blackout (Movie)
    Bumblebee vs Wheelie
    Metroplex vs Omega Supreme
    Victory Saber Vs Sonic Convoy
    God Ginrai in Godbomber armor vs Jet Magna Convoy
    Devil Gigatron vs Unicron
    Big Convoy vs Lio Convoy
    G2 Megatron vs Reverse Convoy
    Tigerhawk vs Razorclaw (Universe)
    Etc.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    victory saber vs liokaiser
    ultra magnus vs cyclonus

16. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I love all the ideas...Please remember to keep it to characters that appeared in the 80s (ie G1 - the website only deals with cartoons from the 80s, sorry...maybe I will do a whole transformers one in the future)

Cliffjumper vs. megatron - I dont get the reasoning on all of that -

Love all of the Gestalt matchups

Anyone that Skywarp or thundercracker would be good against that hasnt been said - lets keep it autobot vs decepticon right now

I do plan on letting good vs good and bad vs bad very soon though...

17. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

Prowl VS Starscream
    Both are second in command. Prowl is a great strategist, Starsscream an idiot and coward. So my bet is on Prowl, unless Starsscream manages to be to unpredictable for Prowl.

Prowl VS Onslaught
    Strategist VS strategist. In a dual, Onslaught probably wins. But as strategists coordinating the fights it could be interesting.

Grimlock VS Megatron
    Clear victory for Grimlock so far. Would have liked to see him kick Megatrons exhaust more often. :) 

Grimlock VS Galvatron
    Grimlock did appear to throw Megatron around with ease, would be interesting to see how he would fare against Galvatron.

Blaster VS Soundwave
    Would like to see more of this. If both brought their cassettes with them Soundwave would probably win because he has more casettes (Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Ratbat, Slugfest, Overkill) then Blaster (Rewind, Frenzy, Ramhorn, Steeljaw).

Now on to the heavy stuff...

Dinobots VS Devastator
    They have been up against each other 2 times without a clear victory for either side. In Heavy Metal War each side delivered a beating and although it appeared as if the Dinobots got kicked they did got up again with ease. When the other Autobots arrived it appeard the fight was in a stalemate with both sides facing each other. It appeared as now neither the Dinobots nor Devastator dared to attack the other.
    The other fight was in TF The Movie. Although this was not a fair fight as Snarl was missing. Devastator did knock down Grimlock, Sludge and Swoop but Slag knocked down Devastator with a single hit!
    Afterwards the Dinobots appeard uninjured but the constructicons retreated. Perhaps they beaten Devastator offscreen?
    We have seen the Dinobots attack one by one but if they attacked all at once I think they could overpower Devastator. I think Devastator is to slow and stupid to concentrate on more then 1 enemy at a time. He might also not be strong enough to cope with a combined attack.

Omega Supreme VS Devastator
    That fight in 'The Secret of Omega Supreme' makes me want more. :) 
    Probably a clear victory for Omega.

Dinobots VS Predacons
    I guess the Dinobots would easily beat the induvidual Predacons (they are bigger and are known to be able to take punishment) but when combining to Predaking I think Predaking might eventually win.

Induvidually:
    Grimlock VS Razorclaw
    Slag VS Headstrong
    Sludge VS Tantrum
    Swoop VS Divebomb
    Snarl VS Rampage

Omega Supreme VS Predaking
    Omega Supreme VS Menasor
    Omega Supreme VS Bruticus

This could be interesting. Omega kicked Devastator's exhaust so it would be very interesting to see how he would do against a newer combiner.
    Devastator does appear to be the weakest combiner (Bruticus defeated Devastator in 'Starscreams brigade') but the fight with Omega in 'The Secret of Omega Supreme' did appear one-sided and he is a former guardian robot.

Defensor VS Bruticus
    Haven't seen any real battle between them if I remember correctly. Bruticus got blasted into pieces at the beginning of 'BOT' and at the end of the episode Bruticus took down Defensor with that big gun. Edit: Defensor did beat Bruticus in direct combat in 'The Burden Hardest to bear'.

Defensor VS Menasor
    We've had Superion fight Bruticus so why not let Defensor fight Menasor?

Superion VS Predaking
    I am not sure who would win here. Superion beat Menasor and Bruticus but it is unclear how Predaking compares to these two.

Sky Lynx VS Abominus

Computron VS Predaking

Broadside VS Predaking.
    In the cartoon Broadside is big. Which makes sense since he does transform into an aircraft carrier... :) 
    He is being pushed back by Devastator and Predaking in 'The Burden hardest to bear'. Strangely they withdraw shortly after Broadside saves a fishing boat. A full battle with Predaking could be interesting.

18. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Soundwave v.s Jazz

Hot Rod v.s Nemesis Prime

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Except that Starscream isn't an idiot and a coward... or at least he's not supposed to be. He was only played that way on the old cartoon for comic relief effect (nor was Prowl portrayed as a particularly logical tactician).

I say it would be a good fight nonetheless. Starscream would outmatch most individual Autobots, but in this case, both he and Prowl are elite officers from their respective factions.

Prowl vs. Onslaught
    would only be a good match with them pulling the strings from behind the scenes (both are master planners). Also in this category, you might consider Trailbreaker vs Onslaught (defensive strategy expert vs. offensive strategy expert), or Onslaught vs Smokescreen (meticulous strategy vs clever ruses and dirty tricks).

zmog

20. Strategist

Strategist Hound Wrangler TJ 4.0I

Perhaps Starscream is not as much as an idiot as he looks. OK not stupid but stubborn, reckless and impulsive.

Going into battle without thinking, just rushing in and shooting. And against enemies like for instance the Dinobots that is not a smart thing to do.

He might have 'brains' but often doesn't use them. When he and Thundercracker went to get steel for a supergun even Thundercracker said that the steel was to weak, but Starscream ignored him (and Thundercracker was proven right).
    He does have his smart moments. For instance when Megatron wanted to use the energy of Dinobot island, Starscream warned it could be dangerous and was proven right.

He sometimes tried to take over simply shooting at Megatron when he turned his back on him. When he made a plan with the triple changers to get rid of Megatron they got rid of him as well. Most of his attempts to take over were stupid ones except two.
    He did almost succeed when he created the Combaticons, which was a smart and well thought plan. His victory was only spoiled when Menasor jumped on Bruticus from behind.
    Another takeover that almost worked was when he threw Megatron out to space in the movie. It it weren't been for Unicrion Starscream would have been the leader.
    He did also manage to manipulate Unicron into giving him a new body.

He can be smart when he is planning things ahead but in most cases he is impulsively, rushes things and it fails.

As for Prowl. I beleive he is portrayed as strategist in the cartoon, but the logic part is less visible in the cartoon (same with Shockwave). He participates in many battles but mostly in the background.

That was what I ment.

How about a logic battle? :) 
    Prowl VS Shockwave