Show your support for TF - Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by WoundSave, Feb 10, 2012.

1. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well im sure 99.9% of us are itching for season 2 to start, especially after seeing the reveal of the first half of episode 1 (SO AMAZING!)

i was struck by an idea- recently i've been making a point in my day to day life to be patient, conscientious, and vocally appreciative of everyone i interact with. Whether walmart, coffee shop, or the bank i'm really trying to take the time to thank people for whatever it is they are doing.

Given the epicness of TF Prime(i really think it ill end upbeing the best transformers series yet) - and the unfortunate cancelation of TFA, and GI Joe, i really don't want to see the same thing happen to Prime (something that even the producers have expressed as a possible concern)

SO-- i thought - im going to take the time to tell their network how good the show is, cause the last thing i want to see is Prime get cancelled because of some perceived lack of interest.

this is the comment i left them with:

So - i am politely suggesting that anyone who feels the same way i do, take five minutes to send Discovery a message expressing your interest in the show.

Clicking the "viewer relations" link at the bottom of the Hub page brought me here

cheers!

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Trust me I try to get many people I know to find out about the show the best I can!:thumb  However I don't see why would Hasbro just cancle Prime here and there considering all the attention it's benn getting and will get later on this year! It's come to a point that to drop it now will only bring more bad then good. That and some of the negative comments here on TFW doens't help either! I doubt Hasbro wants to do to Prime the same thing they did to Animated. I mean Hasbro wants to focus on Prime now so if they were to cancle it why give it this much attention? That tells me that Hasbro wants to keep the show on air. I hope I'm right!

Still I'll do my best to let the Hub and Discovery Channal know that many of us DO care for the show and we want it to have a complete run!:thumb 

3. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think its a great idea and won't hurt at all to write a small note to them, but the bottom line is viewership. Thats what tells them how good the show is and its what dictates the price of their 30 second commercial slots. You can write them 10,000 e-mails, if only 50 people watch the show, it will get canned. On a positive note, I don't believe that Prime will share the same fate as animated. I am looking forward to season 2 as well as hopefully 3 & 4 :D 

I've noticed your posts before about how negative people are about the show. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the handfull of negative posts you are referring to as I believe Prime is well liked for the most part. Simply put, it is a good show and there are a few bad apples on this website that like to sour it for others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but the negativity on TFW is often times over-the-top and overblown. I mean, seriously, we get our first news of a combiner in years (FOC Bruticus) and people are already complaining about it :rolleyes2 

4. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the movies over, I think Prime is safe...if I'm not mistaken, both TFA and G.I. Joe were stopped because of either, percived lack of interest or an attempt to make the show more like the movie, which viewers could relate to (note, Animated's abrupt ending despite the many plot points they were developing to Prime, a show that is clearly more like the movies in terms of design and 'darker' tone..).

But this is still a great idea.. anything to make sure we dont get caught off guard!

5. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Excellent idea, but like Dr. Prime had stated viewership is the main key to the survival of the show. It is definitely understandable why u would want to write them, I have felt the same way. I do hope for the best and we get a healthy amount of seasons! :) 

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime is the highest rated show on the Hub and from what I understand, the top rated boys show in the UK. Seems like the show is doing fine.

7. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Cool idea, WoundSave! It never hurts to toss out some positive vibes. :thumb 

The sad part is that most networks still use Nielsen ratings to determine the fate of a show. Which isn't accurate at all, because a growing percentage of TV viewers DVR the shows they watch, or use online sources like Netflix or Hulu. And frankly I don't think Nielsens have ever been good anyway...2000 families are supposed to accurately represent the viewing habits of a country of 300 million? Seriously?

This. A few fans who post on message boards aren't going to have much if any effect on the fate of a show. The writers and other creative people on the show may get curious and peek into fandom to see what we think, but Hasbro is going to make their decisions based on actual data. If the show gets cancelled, it'll be because of viewership or cost or marketing factors, not because some of the hard core fandom (which is a drop in the bucket compared to the armies of children that are the main consumers of TFs) doesn't like it.

The fate of Animated is one of those things that fandom will probably puzzle over forever. There were so many factors like the poor handling of the show by CN, the growing influence of the movies, Hasbro's plans for the Hub, and the natural lifespan of a toyline, that I don't think we can blame the cancellation on just lack of interest. In a lot of ways, Animated was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :cry 

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

[​IMG]

Has made my day, and possibly my weekend.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I hope you're right mate! I seriously hope you're right!

10. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah its true there's a lot of factors... and yeah =/ sad but true...but it will be missed... T.T

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'm liking the positivity of this thread! Makes a nice change from the too often seen complaints around here.

Where did you hear about TFP being the top boys show in the UK?

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    But the good news is that other reporting sources like TV Guide are taking the DVR audiences into account for their total viewing numbers..which is how they determine the top 20 shows each week.
    Also, in checking the Nielsen's website they do include DVR recordings and playback and phone downloads in their totals now....so it not just 2K homes deciding what's a hit or not....which is a good thing and nice to know they're staying current with the viewing trends. :popcorn 

I believe it was mentioned in a NEWS toy thread, maybe one of the ToyFair ones.

13. WoundSave

News Credits:
    i may be forging a memory, and if its acurate-ish it may have been said early in season 1 (when the show was ramping up)- But IIRC Jeff Kline worked on the GI JOE show that got cancelled abruptly, and he expressed a lingering fear of the same thing happening to TFP. The more i explain it the more im certain of that type of detail being explained, but it may have been someone else involved in the show..

but regardless- keep the happy rolling!

14. SuperJazz

Wait, they cancelled that? I really liked that show.

15. WoundSave

News Credits:
    and also- did no one notice my soundwave nod in the email i sent them:

meh- at four in the morning it seemed pretty funny.....

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    From what I've heard yes.However I heard that it may have another seaosn coming up later this year.

17. SuperJazz

They better, I really liked that show.

18. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was the Hasbro investors day presentation, but I could be wrong. If anything, to the best of my knowledge, you guys are the only ones with a regular TFP magazine, so there's that.

And in regard to the Hub, the two shows regularly cited as being the top rated are TFP and MLP, and given how half MLP's numbers are coming from bronies, it's probably safe to say TFP is doing better from a commercial perspective.

19. SuperJazz

So true it hurts

20. RogueWriter

RogueWriter Member

Sadly, no. G.I. Joe Renegades is gone. On a podcast Henry Gilroy (Renegade's lead writer) confirmed that Hasbro will not be continuing with the show due to the fact that they've shot themselves in the foot (as they see it) because the plot of the new live action Joe's sequel is basically the same story as the show's first season, i.e. small group of Joes who are fugitives.

So the plan is (at this point he could only assume as he's not involved as yet with any writing for a future Joe's series) that they're going to create a new show based on the direction of the live action films, which seems a bit redundant considering they canceled Renegades *because* of the movie.

Frankly, I've always wished they would have gone with the Resolute mini-series they did. However, Resolute was a mature take on Joes while Hasbro currently has a proverbial hard-on for having shows that walk that fine line. Renegades was a show about a secret War against Terrorists and all we almost ever saw were the Joe's fighting Jello monsters.

As for TP, I share the opinion of others that Prime isn't in any immediate danger. The shows does well in ratings and toy sales (toy sales being the most important thing to Hasbro) and the bay films (which inspired Prime) all did obscenely well in the box office regardless of being almost reviled by most fans of the Transformers Universe. Well, reviled by me, at least.